Ooo! Is this a newbie group? Can I join? I dunno how to use manual mode..
Then just don't use it. You can safely ignore people who claim that Manual mode is the only way to go. Your camera manual will explain the other modes, each has its purpose and functions. If unsure, use P or the Scene Modes.

Octarine said:
Then just don't use it. You can safely ignore people who claim that Manual mode is the only way to go. Your camera manual will explain the other modes, each has its purpose and functions. If unsure, use P or the Scene Modes.

Hi uncle octarine, thanks for your help!! :)

Welcome TS. and limwhow bro, we are all newbies la.., heee

Ooo! Is this a newbie group? Can I join? I dunno how to use manual mode..

Erm... yes, I think the TS has finally successfully formed a newbie group.
This newbie group is special. Got leading newbie Mr Daredevil123 to share his newbie shots on Landscape Photography on a Seminar at SAM.
... and all of us relatively less new newbies will sit here and listen. :D.

Haha... DrewChan, don't worry. Sincerely, we are a bunch of friendly and fun-loving people.
From the bottom of my heart, a big welcome to you.
... and yah, do look at brother Daredevil123's threads. He is one of the few very experienced and equally helpful ClubSNAP members here.
Cheers!

Erm... yes, I think the TS has finally successfully formed a newbie group.
This newbie group is special. Got leading newbie Mr Daredevil123 to share his newbie shots on Landscape Photography on a Seminar at SAM.
... and all of us relatively less new newbies will sit here and listen. :D.

Haha... DrewChan, don't worry. Sincerely, we are a bunch of friendly and fun-loving people.
From the bottom of my heart, a big welcome to you.
... and yah, do look at brother Daredevil123's threads. He is one of the few very experienced and equally helpful ClubSNAP members here.
Cheers!

I really newbie leh... really started shooting DSLR from 2009. :x

Prince Photogenic said:
I'm a newbie too.. still figuring out how to switch on my camera... ;p

I think you need to soak it in warm water for it to be activated..

Welcome to all the newbies!

I'm a newbie too.. still figuring out how to switch on my camera... ;p

To switch on your camera, press the button next to the lens mount. Hope that this info helped ;)
Almost forgot, remember to turn your lens while keeping the button depressed to switch on your camera.

snowc said:
To switch on your camera, press the button next to the lens mount. Hope that this info helped ;)
Almost forgot, remember to turn your lens while keeping the button depressed to switch on your camera.

Which one is the lens? The one above the LCD or...??

Which one is the lens? The one above the LCD or...??

Of course, its the one above your LCD. Every newbie knows that ;p

honkit said:
hi all.help pls.
if a len is in nikon mount or canon mount,what does it mean?
any way to use it on my epl2?(m4/3)
thanks.

You need one called m4/3 mount. ;)

hi all.help pls.
if a len is in nikon mount or canon mount,what does it mean?
any way to use it on my epl2?(m4/3)
thanks.

Nikon mount mean you can use it on a Nikon body, the same for Canon mounts. If you want to mount a lens on you epl-2 then you would need a M4/3 mount. Either that or you have to use an adaptor to use lenses of other mounts.

Hi all,

Jus a newbie for photography. Pls be nice & guide me along... Thanks in advance! :)

Hi there.
Newbie here too. Reading and learning as much as possible from the seniors here. Make lots of mistakes and went back to those places to shoot again to try to improve.

Wow. so many newbies.

Can I join? I am sucky tourist snapper, even lesser than newbie :cry:

kei1309 said:
Thr randomness in this thread is overwhelming :bsmilie:

Take a seat and grab a drink. We're just chilling out here. ;)