Newbie: What Tripod for Fuji X-T1 is good for travelling?

HENRYGO

May 4, 2014
Singapore
Hi all,

I am pretty new to photography. will like to know what tripod should i get if i want to bring overseas? Preferable after folded is 30cm, weight wise, was thinking around 500g. Is there any considerations when looking for tripod?

Don't go too light, it might good for travel, but not for stability when you mount your camera body + lens.

Can try look into Sirui T-005X(Alluminium)/T-025X(Carbon Fiber)

I'm using Mefoto Backpacker.

Sirui has quite a no of good tripods. I am using a T1204 (carbon fibre) myself... for the past 4 years and still working great.

Last edited:
I am using a Sirui T-025X with the standard C10 ball head. :) no issues with it so far at all.

It's obviously not built like a tank like a Gitzo but is able to handle up to around 6kg and the carbon fiber version is very light and compact when packed.

Thanks for all your input. I'll research more! :) You guys are super responsive!

Anw where to get cheap lens for Fuji? planning to get either 14mm or 56mm. now i have XF 18-55mm, 23mm, 27mm and XC 50-230mm. hoping to add the 56mm first then 14mm in the future as i'll take more portrait compare to landscape and archi. dilemma with all the lens!

Anw where to get cheap lens for Fuji? planning to get either 14mm or 56mm. now i have XF 18-55mm, 23mm, 27mm and XC 50-230mm. hoping to add the 56mm first then 14mm in the future as i'll take more portrait compare to landscape and archi. dilemma with all the lens!

this one hard to advise u cos u need to get individual quotes from those known shops (such as mscolor, tk foto etc) then compare yourself.

I use the Trekpod UL. Very light. Lenses I take along are 18-55 and 50-230. May get the 10-24 in future. Cannot afford to carry too heavy load when trekking up in the mountains.

I have both sirui t025 and t1004x. I like the t1004x more for it is more stable, higher and better ballhead. So whenever i could i would bring the t1004x, but when i really need to travel very very light, i would bring the t025

Sirui T-025X no complains. Served me for years....

Sirui T-025X no complains. Served me for years....

Hi-5 !

Only one more piece of advice. Don end up with a tank equivalent of a tripod. After all it's for a mirrorless system which weight is supposed to be a plus point.

Use t025x as well. It should be fine if you do not go for those longer heavier Fuji lens.