Newbie Wedding Day Photo Coverage Rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest problem is the "You have DSLR, so your pictures must automatically look pro" mentality. I think your teacher is afflicted with that. I think you should have a frank and honest discussion with her about how important her big day is to her.

I intend to, except I haven't had the chance yet

experience tell us.
when a person get slam hard, you will see two results.....

either this person give up totally, or work xtra harder to proof himself.

is this a fortune or misfortune that depends on him. :)

I haven't given up at all

There's a few things I need to clarify

1) I'm here to ask for rates, and I'm not charging for no reasons. I just hope to get a simple camera bag out of this event.
2) the photos are taken by me. You think I don't know about the poor standards?
3) she's a teacher. I'm sure she knows what she's saying when she asked for my help, but of course I intend to talk to her about it just in case.
4) I never said I'll be the main photographer.
5) don't ask me to be more generous to my teachers. I don't mix school with work

1) I'm here to ask for rates, and I'm not charging for no reasons. I just hope to get a simple camera bag out of this event.
3) she's a teacher. I'm sure she knows what she's saying when she asked for my help, but of course I intend to talk to her about it just in case.
5) don't ask me to be more generous to my teachers. I don't mix school with work
1) Forget it, honestly.
2) If you really know .. aren't you ashamed asking for money? Have the decency to reject money if you know that your standard is poor.
3) Don't assume, better verify.
4) But you never said that you are not. It rather sounded as if you are the main photographer.
5) Correct! Check the legal aspects. The laws and regulations are online.

Well this thread got you slammed hard, but I would agree with the rest that it's better not to take up this job, or perhaps introduce some photographers and you can just tag along to learn. You have to realize it's a great responsibility you are taking on this job like what other CS-ers have advised. But to your questions,

1) Simply charge her the price of the cost of the bag you want.
2) If you know your standards are poor, do something bout it. Exams are over, go out and shoot more, not necessarily gotta shoot event to learn event photography, it helps to be more familiar with your gear.
3) A teacher is not a photographer, perhaps you can recommend her to CS and check out the services offered section.
4) I recommend that you better not be.
5) The more you should not take on this job as you are still her student, and have not completed secondary education yet so try not to talk with such air of cockiness.

End of the day, your teacher can say whatever she want that she dont mind your standards etc. But if the shots turn out unsatisfactory and she mount the blame on you, there is nothing you can do but apologize and face her for another year in school. Your choice mate :)

I think you should not be speaking with such airs around you given the photos produced. Photography is not a overnight thing.

Wedding is a once in a lifetime function. There's no replay for it. We must learn to be humble even when asking for advices.

We are here based on a common hobby and should be striving to improve ourselves and get better shots.

I understand that you might be talking with such airs due to be gunned down in the earlier part of this thread. However, that does not warrant you to talk with such airs.

You have a long way to go in life and photography. Just as what many of us here are for. To seek improvements to our photography skills. I would advice you to be humble. None of us here are experts. We can only strive to be one thru being humble and seeking constant improvements.

There's always one mountain taller then the other.

forget it. thread closed. i'm just getting the same replies over and over again. i'm not your jackpot machine

Status
Not open for further replies.