Newbie needing help on recommendation and advise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aiya...All DSLR Are Good...Depends On The Photography's Skills & Creativity... Not Forgetting Their Budget...HAHA!!!

The built-in flash is good for fill-in flash. And unless you have a means to bounce it, direct flash is not nice on a pic.....and the power is too weak even if you can bounce it.

External flash take can bounce is good.....but then again, I am also learning about flash now.:)

Another question: Do you guys who use nikon or canon DSLR use its built in flash or external flash that is mounted during shooting? Again I gather that it depends on the situation of shooting, but what are the limitation of such built in flash?

I asked at Lords in year end, was quoted $1250. But no stock then.

Hmmm ... quite reasonable. :thumbsup: Expected to cost much more. Now tempted ... will choose between the kit and this. Thanks ya. :)

It certainly is - I own one myself:) . However, if you're also interested in those Flower Exhibition, maybe it is not as good (still need a Macro lens to fulfill)... However, for general Holiday shoot, I would say it is friendly enough for you to walk-about (both weight & performanace wise).

Of cos, it is a Jack of all trades, Master of none...:)

HELP!!! :eek: I'm being swayed by the D80 :lovegrin: Can anyone tell me whether the AF-S DX 18 - 135 mm F3.5 - F5.6G ED Kit lens is good enuf for Friends & Holiday shoot? Thanks ya. :bsmilie:

Agree with lastboltnut... :thumbsup: I also jumped straight into DSLR from PnS. Knew nothing bout DSLR in the begining. Dont even know what SLR means... I believe, once you own something, you'll know how to use it in time to come.

Important thing is not to allow your CAM to "rest"work it day and night, for "7, 7 49 days"... :bsmilie: After that, your cam will "learn" you...

I'm still learning (basic stuffs), but at least I have a cam to experiment those theories now...;)

:thumbsup:

My company's policy is to go into a business even if we are not ready, just get it and start doing it. When you are ready, you miss the boat.....so, keen to learn is the key....just like hiring fresh graduate, are they ready for the job? Never. Just like going into a university, are the fresh student ready? Never. Not ready for something new and difficult is an excuse not to do it...

Just what I think about readiness to embark into something new.

Or if you wanna save the extra $300 or so by not getting VR, can use that money on a decent tripod. Personally I feel better than VR, unless you taking photo in gale-force wind conditions:bsmilie:

Quality wise, I think it's good enuf. Range a little short. If u have been to places, u'll realise that those who tell u to "walk closer to subject lah" are talking nonsense because u just can't jump across the grand canyon (u can try :sweat: ) and take pics at the other side.

Also, at 135mm, your hands must be really steady leh, otherwise handshake will be magnified as well! I suggest getting 18-200mm VR (which I did) and that's it. Wide enuf for most situations, long enuf, steady enuf!:lovegrin:

Thank you all who have responded.......

I have done my share of research before posting here. Of course, in a world that has so much of advanced technology, I want to have an accelerated learning curve by posting questions here and learning from all of you. Reading is one thing but hearing from people who have experience is another. It adds depth to the research that you have done. And also with busy schedule that all of us have, of course I would hope to have my learning curve up and up quickly.....;)

Also, I hope to purchase it before the GST goes up in July.......:bsmilie:

Another question: Do you guys who use nikon or canon DSLR use its built in flash or external flash that is mounted during shooting? Again I gather that it depends on the situation of shooting, but what are the limitation of such built in flash?

Get an external flash and you wun regret it... External flash allows you to do creative lighting... The flash head can be tilted up or to the side etc... Being able to mount an external flash is one of the advantages of SLR compared to PnS...

Thanks ... thot of the 18-200 VR. What's the price like now?

Thanks all you guys for the advice ... getting a clearer pic now. :thumbsup: :lovegrin:

Heard that prices went up to about $1300 due to lack of stock. It was about $1250. So I think it's between $1250-$1350, depending on how desperate u are :sweat:.

Thank you all who have responded.......

I have done my share of research before posting here. Of course, in a world that has so much of advanced technology, I want to have an accelerated learning curve by posting questions here and learning from all of you. Reading is one thing but hearing from people who have experience is another. It adds depth to the research that you have done. And also with busy schedule that all of us have, of course I would hope to have my learning curve up and up quickly.....;)

Also, I hope to purchase it before the GST goes up in July.......:bsmilie:

Build in flash more prone to redeye than external, because external very far away from the lens, build-in closer. But for most DSLR should be far enuf also.

U can get at $1322.22 from Shashinki, free shipment and international warranty. KhoKing is nice man, I bought lens from him before. He has recently opened an account with POSB, so can pay to his account in SG, no need paypal anymore.....better as paypal will charge u extra for US$ conversion. Only con is the waiting for the shipment....but sure will come lah.:thumbsup:

Heard that prices went up to about $1300 due to lack of stock. It was about $1250. So I think it's between $1250-$1350, depending on how desperate u are :sweat:.

Status
Not open for further replies.