Newbie here~

Thanks all for the warm welcome.... :D

Today i just tried taking shots, trying various settings to get my hands familiar with the functions and buttons but then i notice when i shoot an object with window on its back, that means window facing me, i keep on having the object to look very dull/dark. I have tried to search the threads and came across with the recent "CPL filter" thingie, does that applies to shots taking this way(windows at back of the object in a room)?

i tried adjusting the compensations/shutter speed/aperture/different exposure modes, but still get almost the same results, can seniors here please enlighten me or lead me to similar thread which people had encounter before?

Million thanks! :)

Welcome. and enjoy shooting with the D90.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.... :D

Today i just tried taking shots, trying various settings to get my hands familiar with the functions and buttons but then i notice when i shoot an object with window on its back, that means window facing me, i keep on having the object to look very dull/dark. I have tried to search the threads and came across with the recent "CPL filter" thingie, does that applies to shots taking this way(windows at back of the object in a room)?

i tried adjusting the compensations/shutter speed/aperture/different exposure modes, but still get almost the same results, can seniors here please enlighten me or lead me to similar thread which people had encounter before?

Million thanks! :)

issit in the day or night when you take the shot?
coz if there is light coming in from the window, the object will be dark..
unless you have another light shooting towards the object in front.

welcome to CS bro...:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

issit in the day or night when you take the shot?
coz if there is light coming in from the window, the object will be dark..
unless you have another light shooting towards the object in front.

Thanks all!

Btw, Its taken in the day, light source from the window.

That means no point adjusting the settings in the camera lor?? Other then another light pointing to the object... :think:

Thanks all!

Btw, Its taken in the day, light source from the window.

That means no point adjusting the settings in the camera lor?? Other then another light pointing to the object... :think:

yup, the light coming from the window and the object back is facing the window right?
move the object off the window, your back face the window using the light coming in from the window to light up the object.

yup, the light coming from the window and the object back is facing the window right?
move the object off the window, your back face the window using the light coming in from the window to light up the object.

Thanks axis90x, i thought 'big cameras' could do some settings to suit to low light/light cast from various directions situation :bsmilie:

Looks like i really got alot to learn from you guys...

:sweat::sweat::sweat:

Welcome to the wonderful photography world..;)
By the way, be careful the bb virus..:devil:

Ya becareful of the different kinds of viruses floating around. I just got infected with TKphotoriea strain...

Bought yet another camera bag... almost bought the Sirui CF tripod 2204x... lucky my wife was there. She did not stop me, but her presence shook me back to reality...

BTW TS and other newbies reading this, WELCOME!

Yup. I think i was hit by the same virus as you, "TKphotoriea strain" too. Got hit twice in 2 months. Totally drained out.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

so far i haven't join the outing yet..still surfing my camera...maybe one of this days if not busy i'll join you..anyway thanks..

welcome to cs too! how long have you taken up photography?

i havent join outing yet..still surfing my camera..just bought my camera last april..maybe one of this days ill join you guys..anyways, thanks...