Newbie here needs help Sony A330 or Pentax K-X

If u purely compare specs only, the kx will win. But choosing a camera is more than just comparing specs.

I'll like to specially mention sony alphas tiltable LCD screen, its invaluable, especially for girls. By tilting the lcd, it allows u to easily take overhead shots by lifting the camera over ur head. Very useful when u r taking pictures in a crowd. Also allow u to take low angle shots without kneeing down (especially when wearing skirts).

This function might prove more valuable than anything else. This isnt something the pentax kx can do

Also note that sony gives free basic dslr course when u buy a new dslr. And also a $100 isetan voucher if u r a student. So u should factor this in too.

Last edited:
If u purely compare specs only, the kx will win. But choosing a camera is more than just comparing specs.

I'll like to specially mention sony alphas tiltable LCD screen, its invaluable, especially for girls. By tilting the lcd, it allows u to easily take overhead shots by lifting the camera over ur head. Very useful when u r taking pictures in a crowd. Also allow u to take low angle shots without kneeing down (especially when wearing skirts).

This function might prove more valuable than anything else. This isnt something the pentax kx can do

Also note that sony gives free basic dslr course when u buy a new dslr. And also a $100 isetan voucher if u r a student. So u should factor this in too.

100% agree .. to add on , u register ur dslr online get $100 lens voucher .. furthermore, last sitex show 2009 freebies includes 2in1 digital photoframe , tripod,drybox and so on http://www.bootstrike.com/itfairsg/...0-a380-a230-a850-Lens-flyer-brochure-leaflet/

in total u got , $100+$100 vouchers + photoframe+tripod+drybox .. wahlahhhoo sony :thumbsup:

lens voucher promo here https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...&sig=AHIEtbQm6hNKQmFE3rzuuhZbQrhJZloQ9Q&pli=1

while generally I usually tell people to avoid buying DSLR from IT shows, but the last one did proved me wrong.

As mentioned by Maxwell, during the last IT show, besides giving away tripods, additional batteries, bags, dry box etc etc, Sony gave a free printer/photo frame when u buy the A330.

the photoframe/printer itself is worth quite abit (retail price nearly $300!), so its actually quite worth it.

I think Sony is the only generous company to be giving such things as promotional items during IT shows.

But doesnt mean during this IT show they will give the same promotion btw. Its up to u whether u wanna wait one more week to see what freebies Sony will give this time round.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind advice......hmmm

Basically im not a student so i cant get the promo for the free voucher:(
Lens voucher, i dun think i need it at the moment since i dun even know the basic....;p
The tiltable lens is very attractive to me but jus went down to sony and try my hands
on it and find it not too comfortable (dunno y but seems i dun really like it) ...
maybe i still dunno how to really use the features.....:embrass:

By the way, im not in a rush to get it so maybe can dropby to see what freebies they have at the show....
Im actually more attracted to Pentax KX after reading so much raves about it...
(Aiming for the white color if confirmed getting it:D)
But dun think they will have Pentax booth at the show rite....?
Which means i wont get any freebies for this and have to purchase all the accessories separately......!!!

Decision making is always such a BIG headache......:confused: