newbie gathering Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i join too? wanna learn how to take nice night shots.
can someone leave/pm me a contact?
cos i'll be having class till 5 and will rush down after that to meet u guys up.
Thanks!

My Photo Album
Feel free to comment! ;)
Welcome! Welcome! Now worries. You can call me at my mobile 97959446 when you arrive.

BTW, Is this lady in black the daughter of Lydia Sum, the HK actress?

normal_DSC_0068.jpg

She looks very much like the daughter of Lydia Sum. Haha... :bsmilie:

Hi, both my hus and me jus got a D40X and we are both super duper newbies ... can we join with jus 1 camera? We are sharing the camera. ;)
Welcome! Welcome!

Only one camera to share? No problem at all, when your hubby take photos, you pose as model for the rest of the photographers and help relief our lovely sis at8851. Haha... :bsmilie:

Welcome! Welcome!

Only one camera to share? No problem at all, when your hubby take photos, you pose as model for the rest of the photographers and help relief our lovely sis at8851. Haha... :bsmilie:

wah.. i cant believe that after all the posts u still remember the model thing... hahahaha:bsmilie:

wah.. i cant believe that after all the posts u still remember the model thing... hahahaha:bsmilie:
Haha... Of couse can remember lah, cause we have being wanting to look for model to pose for us mah. Haha...

Welcome! Welcome! Now worries. You can call me at my mobile 97959446 when you arrive.

BTW, Is this lady in black the daughter of Lydia Sum, the HK actress?

**Remove to save bandwidth*

She looks very much like the daughter of Lydia Sum. Haha... :bsmilie:

hahaha no lah she is my wife's friend...
Lydia's daughter more "rounded" right??

well am glad that there are many newbie around . well no worries that the reason this thread was up .newbie connects . well we are all here to learn and share . . hope u guys enjoys yourself . hope u guys know the meeting up is change to the open area just outside UOB bank . my contact is 90953988 .

i thought its today. I was thr loh. Haha so pai seh. Anyway see u guys nex wk! :)

i thought its today. I was thr loh. Haha so pai seh. Anyway see u guys nex wk! :)

oh my , did i gave out wrong info ? , well guys just a refresh

Date: 15th september 2007, Night shoot.
RV Venue: open area ( outside uob bank )
Time: 5.00pm to A/R

2nd Newbie Gathering:

Equipment Must Have: Tripod
Good To have: Remote switch

So far here the list :

1) generalsales and wife
2) IONSOON
3) diver-hloc
4) wranger
5) sin77
6) JinmingGM (TBC)
7) Bored Dad
8) Skyraider
9) Sp550uz
10) Skyguy
11) valen78
12) at8851
13) Randius (TBC)
14) cryder (TBC)
15) isplash
16) Nolife (TBC)
17) Antonnius
18) Ericnrose
19) Lawrence Lim
20) schnurbart22
21) HarishSegar
22) rgborj
23) hubertj
24) infusia
25) CT74 & hubby

Updated as of 08 Sep 07.

Only one camera to share? No problem at all, when your hubby take photos, you pose as model for the rest of the photographers and help relief our lovely sis at8851. Haha... :bsmilie:[/QUOTE]

hi no problem , my wife is also joining . she will be keepning me company . just to look see look see

2nd Newbie Gathering:

Equipment Must Have: Tripod
Good To have: Remote switch

So far here the list :

1) generalsales and wife
2) IONSOON
3) diver-hloc
4) wranger
5) sin77
6) JinmingGM (TBC)
7) Bored Dad
8) Skyraider
9) Sp550uz
10) Skyguy
11) valen78
12) at8851
13) Randius (TBC)
14) cryder (TBC)
15) isplash
16) Nolife (TBC)
17) Antonnius
18) Ericnrose
19) Lawrence Lim
20) schnurbart22
21) HarishSegar
22) rgborj
23) hubertj
24) infusia
25) CT74 & hubby

Updated as of 08 Sep 07.

i think i too "kan chiong" thus nv see d date. Only see sat. So thought today.

Tried to play wif my newly acquired DCR250 bt at max zoom, its hard to get a perfect focus.

Tried to play wif my newly acquired DCR250 bt at max zoom, its hard to get a perfect focus.

it is never easy to get a perfect focus when u are at max zoom =D so you will need a very stable hand or get ur cam mount up on a tripod... or just simply increase the shutter speed =D

Haha... It's ok bro, think we all are excited about this outing also.

At max zoom, you may need to have a pretty stable hand to captured a good focus shot, cause your aimed point can change quite a bit even with the smallest moment. Also, try to aim at a larger object to help you.

i was aiming at an army of red ants... thinking that so long i got a focus, it doesn't matter which one is captured since the DOF of macro shots are pretty narrow.
but i suffered from handshake. i tried to "kiap" my arms inwards, rest on a stone wall and hold my breathe while taking a shot. but failed... because the slightiest movement will cause image blur... and also the AF assist lamp sent the army of ants to a frenzy and all scattered. i got shocked and "retreat". hahaha...

using a FZ50. do you think its necessary to focus at 420mm?
does widening the focus help in reducing image blur since DOF is somewhat "deeper"?
Newbie trying out macro. thanks!

Bored Dad: sorry the sms today. me blur lah. hahaha

i was aiming at an army of red ants... thinking that so long i got a focus, it doesn't matter which one is captured since the DOF of macro shots are pretty narrow.
but i suffered from handshake. i tried to "kiap" my arms inwards, rest on a stone wall and hold my breathe while taking a shot. but failed... because the slightiest movement will cause image blur... and also the AF assist lamp sent the army of ants to a frenzy and all scattered. i got shocked and "retreat". hahaha...

using a FZ50. do you think its necessary to focus at 420mm?
does widening the focus help in reducing image blur since DOF is somewhat "deeper"?
Newbie trying out macro. thanks!

Bored Dad: sorry the sms today. me blur lah. hahaha
So you were trying to take a macro shot... Then what is stated in the user manner of the distant for macro shot for your camera?

It's OK bro, just that I didn't have your number before, thus didn't know who was it that sms me. No worries at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.