Newbie buying a PnS Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you google for Alan Photo and Cathay Photo.

It takes about 1 second.

Thanks night86mare, I found a list of the recommended shops and contacts already :D

Hi!

I was at the same stage 2 years back when i bought my first digital PnS camera.

I personally suggest getting a Sony or Canon. Why? Sony uses Carl Zeiss lenses for their PnS which are actually high quality lenses. The lenses produces accurate and vibrant colours. FYI, CS lenses are used in Hasselblad cameras (very high end cameras) which are used by pros to take poster sized advertisements. Sony may be pricey but sony has good reputation.

Canon for its overall build and quality, i prefer its A series which requires AA batteries. AA batteries are good in a way that you don't have to worry about battery going flat, just bring more rechargables!!!

Panasonic uses the famous Leica lenses but their sensors are noisy...they have good specs but the noise is rather a put-off for me.

The rest I haven't really went to do in depth research so I won't comment.

The above comments are my personal opinion which are said based on my own experiences.

By the way, i got myself the Sony W5 which I'm still using and very happy with!

Panasonic uses the famous Leica lenses but their sensors are noisy...they have good specs but the noise is rather a put-off for me.

Er, actually, Panasonic has low noise. But it has no details too.

Before I confuse threadstarter, basically yes, Leica lenses are good, but the sensor and engine in Panasonic, I feel, doesn't do the lens justice. The usual complaint is that the noise reduction in Panny cameras is TOO AGGRESSIVE, causing massive loss of detail, leading to something some people call the watercolour effect, hee hee.

Hi!

I was at the same stage 2 years back when i bought my first digital PnS camera.

I personally suggest getting a Sony or Canon. Why? Sony uses Carl Zeiss lenses for their PnS which are actually high quality lenses. The lenses produces accurate and vibrant colours. FYI, CS lenses are used in Hasselblad cameras (very high end cameras) which are used by pros to take poster sized advertisements. Sony may be pricey but sony has good reputation.

Canon for its overall build and quality, i prefer its A series which requires AA batteries. AA batteries are good in a way that you don't have to worry about battery going flat, just bring more rechargables!!!

The rest I haven't really went to do in depth research so I won't comment.

The above comments are my personal opinion which are said based on my own experiences.

By the way, i got myself the Sony W5 which I'm still using and very happy with!

Yeeha I'm most prolly gonna get a T10 tomorrow :D

MS selling T10 for $539, free 1GB and carrying case. That's $60 cheaper than the Sony Gallery.

If get from Sim Lim it's gonne be $472 without card. So for $520 I can get T10 + 2GB Sandisk. Hmm /scratches chin.

get fugifilm f31..

Good camera and for 549 you get two 1GB cards, case, mini tripod, lens cleaning kit, screen protector and extra battery.

should wait for IT show.... better offer....

should wait for IT show.... better offer....
-If- they offer it I guess, and if you don't mind squeezing with people.. Usually very packed.

Mostly from what I've see for PnS cameras it isn't attractive price, it's attractive bundle. So the question to be asked is if you *really* need everything in that bundle. =D

-If- they offer it I guess, and if you don't mind squeezing with people.. Usually very packed.

Mostly from what I've see for PnS cameras it isn't attractive price, it's attractive bundle. So the question to be asked is if you *really* need everything in that bundle. =D

bundle includes gym bag or brolly or both.. more batt or memory card.. hehe.. more crowds as well..

If the buyer is a newbie that doesn't have anything at home. Then the extra things at I.T show is useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.