newbie asking abt lens hood

3rd party lens hood compared to original, is much cheaper. As long as u got the correct hood for the lens, it doesn't matter original or 3rd party. For me, hood is more for protection. If u got the wrong one, u can try go back the shop for an exchange.

i have absolutely no issues with 3rd party hoods on my lenses. :dunno:

Totally agree, if you bought the wrong original hood you would get the same problem, nothing to do with 3rd party or not.

Thanks everyone who help now it can fit nicely.
(change a new 1)

Cool. So the problem is it lies with the wrong lens hood model?

Cool. So the problem is it lies with the wrong lens hood model?

yes.. usually, manufacturers will state the corresponding hood model somewhere.. if you can find it in the manual that comes with it, den search online.. i'm sure it can be easily found.. most 3rd party hoods will have the model number stated on it too.. so be sure to check that out before you go shopping for it.. ;)

Lesson of the thread: Know what you are buying.....if unsure, google it.

Means, I cant go out to shops and tell them I want a hood for my 18-55mm lens or 55-250mm lens? I need other information as well?

ouch... if you are seeing the hood in your pictures, it means that you got the wrong one for your lens... lens hood are supposed to prevent stray light from entering the lens... perhaps your seller gave you the wrong hood by mistake?

Means, I cant go out to shops and tell them I want a hood for my 18-55mm lens or 55-250mm lens? I need other information as well?

That's why it's better that you do abit of homework before you go and buy something....so you will know if it's the correct model and acceptable price.

actually you could to reputable shops, they know what diameter is the lens and model the hood you should get. but just to be safe, you should research thoroughly for them.
I watched somewhere on one of the episides you could be making a hood out of paper and staple/tape. It's just some shade to block light from angle, doesn't take any high tech as glasses on your lens.