New Places to shot - Orchard Road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by zhoufang
I will be shooting there this coming Friday 26th April starting from around 8.45PM.
The time is choosen purely because that I will be around the area then and don't have to travel there on purpose. (I live in jurong, a two way trip will take me 2hrs)
If any of you can join me at this time pls leave your contact here. U will definitely need a tripod. Flash is not really required. I'll be going alone if no one else will follow.

Don't worry. Sometimes soon I will go Orchard again at a more reasonble time (around 6pm Saturday). Then you should all be able to join in. This time I will be pioneering and tell u if there will be any difficulties involved.

Hey... i'm a g2 newbie... and would like to join you if you dun mind... but i gotta get myself a tripod first... got my DC last week only...
can?

:what:

Originally posted by rainyboy

Hey... i'm a g2 newbie... and would like to join you if you dun mind... but i gotta get myself a tripod first... got my DC last week only...
can?

:what:

if u still cannot find a tripod for your G2...i do have a tripod to lend u.....but i wonder if a tripod is necessary for street photography?? esp at nite time??? how abt flash?? need external flash or build in flash will do??

Originally posted by kamwai

if u still cannot find a tripod for your G2...i do have a tripod to lend u.....but i wonder if a tripod is necessary for street photography?? esp at nite time??? how abt flash?? need external flash or build in flash will do??
Whether you need a tripod will depend on what type of objects that you are shooting!

It always good to have the tripod ard you at nite... the long expo + Lights will make very interesting pic1

Originally posted by zhoufang
I will be shooting there this coming Friday 26th April starting from around 8.45PM.
The time is choosen purely because that I will be around the area then and don't have to travel there on purpose. (I live in jurong, a two way trip will take me 2hrs)
If any of you can join me at this time pls leave your contact here. U will definitely need a tripod. Flash is not really required. I'll be going alone if no one else will follow.

Don't worry. Sometimes soon I will go Orchard again at a more reasonble time (around 6pm Saturday). Then you should all be able to join in. This time I will be pioneering and tell u if there will be any difficulties involved.

where you are planning to go and what you planning to shot? I think I can make it as orchard is where I work. but I am still very new to photoshotting so I might hinder you leh. I don't mind trying some night shots with my A40.

Just come lah... most of us not the oldie (opposite of newbie?) At least I don't mind, and some things are easier explain face to face than over a forum...

All of us can learn something

all are welcomed!
if you may be there just give me a call or SMS at 90098408.
I do not have extra quick release plate for my tripod, but just holding your camera on the quick release clamp should be able to get sharp 4-8 sec exposure. Anyway I can always remove my QR plate to fix on your camera if the digital playback shows blur image.

G2 will be an excellent DSC for night shot.
I don't know does A40 allow long exposure time of up to 4 or 8 sec. If it does it should be also very good for the job.

here's some pics I took at X'mas 2000 using G1 when I just started photography.
Just for illustration of the what will it be nearly like.
night1.jpg

night2.jpg

are you going on friday or sat?
= P

think this would be my first DC session...
my DC is not even a week old! lol...
but it's really great!

Originally posted by rainyboy
are you going on friday or sat?
= P

think this would be my first DC session...
my DC is not even a week old! lol...
but it's really great!

This friday 26th April at 8:45pm around orchard.
It seem that I will be going along.

This Saturday evening Terry and I will be going to Orchard.
Anyone interested can join us, call my HP 90098408.
It will be at about 1800-2230hrs.
Bring along your tripod if u have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.