New one dollar coin - it will rust!

This type of money doesn't rust only turns to ashes: :)

n_6hellnotes.jpg

Hi diver-hloc,
I must say that using liquid laundry detergent is a rather novel way of laundering your money.

Members here worry it will stain their cloths meh... giving them 'peace of mind'... :bsmilie:

Don't confuse rust coloured algae called daitoms with iron oxide rust.

It should rust, it's only a dollar worth of metal on the surface.
What? you expect it to behave like a dollar gold coin?
Think again.

Come back early from work, to early to play my PS3... and since my GF/Fiancée has returned to her home country... decided to see if bro/sis user12343 worries is correct.

All phones taken by H/P... not so free as to bring out my DSLR to do this... can play my new PS3 game hor... LOL

#1 - Most shiny new $1 coin I can find at home...

#2 - Liquid detergent and powder detergent is used...

#3 - Coin is added at into the mix at 17:31hr...

I have to get to work early tomorr... so, hopefully will have time to post the result then...

Let the experiments continue !! :bsmilie:

you also very free hor?

You should be careful in posting this as below is the Currency act of Singapore:

Mutilating, destroying or defacing currency notes and coins
23.—(1) Any person who —
(a)
mutilates or destroys any currency note or coin;
(b)
causes any change in a coin so as to destroy or diminish its value or utility;
(c)
prints or stamps, or by any like means writes, or impresses, on any currency note any mark, word, letter or figure; or
(d)
defaces any coin by stamping thereon any name or word, whether the coin is or is not thereby impaired, diminished or lightened,
shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $2,000.
[11/82]

You should be careful in posting this as below is the Currency act of Singapore:

23.—(1) Any person who —
(a)
(b)
(c)
prints or stamps, or by any like means writes, or impresses, on any currency note any mark, word, letter or figure; or
(d)
defaces any coin by stamping thereon any name or word, whether the coin is or is not thereby impaired, diminished or lightened,
shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $2,000.
[11/82]

Can you pay the fine using rusty coins ? :bsmilie:

Last edited:

23.—(1) Any person who —
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)
[11/82]

the TS has not violated any of this. The coin is still intact albeit the colouring, it is still valued at 1 dollar [still can buy things with it], he did not disfigured it with any writings, impressions etc, did not deface too.

so he is safe. LOL

as with bro diver-hloc, he is merely washing the coin with detergent to make it cleaner. LOL

23.—(1) Any person who —
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)
[11/82]

What about those people who burn the money?

hungryghosts.jpg

Last edited:
as with bro diver-hloc, he is merely washing the coin with detergent to make it cleaner. LOL

the TS has not violated any of this. The coin is still intact albeit the colouring, it is still valued at 1 dollar [still can buy things with it], he did not disfigured it with any writings, impressions etc, did not deface too.

so he is safe. LOL

Since TS didn't 'test' the coin till destruction... I have to agree that no law is violated. But if an item is tested in ways it isn't supposed to, and then "IF" TS come here to 'stir' about the quality of coin.... well, that is another issue all together :think:

But since TS is mainly pointing out that metal underwater for a month, will most likely show signs of rust and oxygenating/corrosion... then just for the fun of it... let us all do some scientific experiments :bsmilie:

23.—(1) Any person who —
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)
[11/82]

What if someone wears the coins as nipple covers? :bsmilie:

23.—(1) Any person who —
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)
[11/82]
You should read it first, compare and then post if you still find it applies here.
Or do I need to report myself for washing coins in pockets of my pants?