New on handling 300D

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST_sg

Mar 23, 2004
sunnytang.zenfolio.com
Just got my dream 300D camera, was looking through its user guide. To my surprise, its Aperture-P mode with Internal Flash on, the cam automatically turns it to slow-sync mode :eek:

I used to shoot in Aperture-P mode (ie. f2.5 - f3.0) from my G5, and in-house lighting condition, I just pops-up the internal flash to fill light. But now... on 300D suddenly all my photos suffer camera-shake due to shutter speed lower than 1/60s :cry:

What I have to do is switch the mode dial back to preset Portrait mode with Flash. and according to the 300D user guide, switch to P-program mode with flash :confused:

Is there any workaround shooting in Aperture-P mode with flash at 1/60s? Or I have to re-learn the new 300D way of shooting mode? :embrass:

Sorry for such noob questions, and really appreciate your experience tips :)
Thanks.

ST_sg said:
Just got my dream 300D camera, was looking through its user guide. To my surprise, its Aperture-P mode with Internal Flash on, the cam automatically turns it to slow-sync mode :eek:
this is perfectly normal. nothign wrong wif it. canon EOS aperture priority mode will always meter for background /ambient exposure whether u put flash or not. this is the same for all eos slr bodies: d30, d60, 10d, 1n, 1v, 3, 30, 33....etc

ST_sg said:
Is there any workaround shooting in Aperture-P mode with flash at 1/60s?
increase ISO

i suggest you use manual mode..then set shutter speed at 1/60..and open biggest aperture. Open popup flash...and shoot :) . It will be like your G5. To control brightness...just adjust FEC to your liking..or reduce shutter speed to the one ur hand can hold thats below 1/60 to let in more ambient light

usually i just bump up the ISO to 800 for indoors. and try using AE lock, it might help?

probably u can try higher ISO rating if u r shooting wo flash....The noise level compare to G5 is much better.

wah... thanks for all advises given above. :eek:

Will keep practise and remember the best practise... :D
Cheers!

i shoot at iso 800 at the shaded area although it was a sunny day. hahahaha

BTW bro, wadever u do, NEVER push the file quality to Medium AND crank the ISO up to 400 or more. U'll regret it very much later.

That's my fatal mistake when I went to the Dreamcar Asia to shoot the models. Pictures came out extremely horrible, very noisy, something like a scan off a newspaper cutting. Very, very bad.

Bear it in mind. Bear it well.

jsbn said:
BTW bro, wadever u do, NEVER push the file quality to Medium AND crank the ISO up to 400 or more. U'll regret it very much later.

That's my fatal mistake when I went to the Dreamcar Asia to shoot the models. Pictures came out extremely horrible, very noisy, something like a scan off a newspaper cutting. Very, very bad.

Bear it in mind. Bear it well.
hmm... ok. thanks for your valuable advise. Personally I'll still stick to Large+fine ;p

However, as for the ISO 800, it sounds like a bit contradict with others leh??

Status
Not open for further replies.