New lenses coming this Nov '05

Status
Not open for further replies.
serene said:
Whoa, I did not know the responses are so quick - especially so quick to ask me to "tompang" (for those who don't know Singlish - this means 'by the way help me to carry')
BTW, out of curiosity in view of your responses, what is the street price of this pair of lenses? Not to disappoint, I will not be going to Japan this year probably next spring...

"tompang" i think its a malay word. :dunno:

serene, before u make any MO, pls check the weight of the lenses. i dun think ur size can carry 5 - 10 ZD50-200mm lenses in a bag, not unless u have been body building all this while. :bsmilie: inspired by jo jo sinclair?

nightpiper said:
"tompang" i think its a malay word. :dunno:

serene, before u make any MO, pls check the weight of the lenses. i dun think ur size can carry 5 - 10 ZD50-200mm lenses in a bag, not unless u have been body building all this while. :bsmilie: inspired by jo jo sinclair?

Dearest Nightpiper,

Tsk tsk:nono: - when did I indicate my interest to be a tompang queen.
Jo Jo Sinclair - btw, she's not very big size you know - she looks quite normal though a bit "choloh" (aka 'rough'). No, I definitely don't want to end up looking like her because of carrying the 50-200mm. BTW, Yodobashi does not give the best prices - I gave up checking on them a long time ago - I understand that there are many 2nd hand shops in Japan and the quality is not bad given that the Japanese take good care of their items. I need to scour around one of these days..:angel: But Ogisaku is my fav...:lovegrin: check out www.ogisaku.com. The owner himself replied my mails - the customer service is first rate.

chainsmoker said:
I really dont understand hows their transaction like.
Saw something like 20%, 10% ....

Anyone can enlighten?

The price quoted is after 20%. On top of this, they give members a 10% rebate - If I am not wrong, the amount is credited to the Yodobashi card to be used redemption points for new purchases.

Hi Serene,

Maybe u can't carry 5 units of 50-200 lenses but definately can carry 1 unit of 50mm
Macro, right ? ;) Been eyeing on this one for very very long time liao...

As for the 50-200mm, it like a white elephant to me at the moment cos seldom use it
unless for concert shooting and so torturing to my wrist after using it without tripod.

hi guys, a small correction here, it's "tumpang"

So, the price of 50-200 still 'rock-solid'. I'm waiting for the local vendors to offer lower price before getting one.:cry:

cookiez said:
Hi Serene,

Maybe u can't carry 5 units of 50-200 lenses but definately can carry 1 unit of 50mm
Macro, right ? ;) Been eyeing on this one for very very long time liao...

As for the 50-200mm, it like a white elephant to me at the moment cos seldom use it
unless for concert shooting and so torturing to my wrist after using it without tripod.

come drool with me... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: in the mean time, sell me the ZD50-200mm cheap cheap. S$1000 can? :sweat:

serene said:
Dearest Nightpiper,

Tsk tsk:nono: - when did I indicate my interest to be a tompang queen.
Jo Jo Sinclair - btw, she's not very big size you know - she looks quite normal though a bit "choloh" (aka 'rough'). No, I definitely don't want to end up looking like her because of carrying the 50-200mm. BTW, Yodobashi does not give the best prices - I gave up checking on them a long time ago - I understand that there are many 2nd hand shops in Japan and the quality is not bad given that the Japanese take good care of their items. I need to scour around one of these days..:angel: But Ogisaku is my fav... check out www.ogisaku.com. The owner himself replied my mails - the customer service is first rate.

erh... didn't say u tumpang queen but what u wrote sounds like u intend to do MO mah. :p

anyway, Jo Jo Sinclair although small size but her muscle will make any ave Joe like me hide one corner in shame... *sob* :cry:

will visit the site u gave & see got any good deals or not. :) doumo arigatou gozaimasu!!

nightpiper said:
come drool with me... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: in the mean time, sell me the ZD50-200mm cheap cheap. S$1000 can? :sweat:

sorry nightpiper, i still can't decide whether to keep it or to sell....if i were to sell it, i'm sure
i'll miss it when going to concerts....

cookiez said:
sorry nightpiper, i still can't decide whether to keep it or to sell....if i were to sell it, i'm sure
i'll miss it when going to concerts....

SELL ME LAH!!!:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

nightpiper said:
erh... didn't say u tumpang queen but what u wrote sounds like u intend to do MO mah. :p

anyway, Jo Jo Sinclair although small size but her muscle will make any ave Joe like me hide one corner in shame... *sob* :cry:

will visit the site u gave & see got any good deals or not. :) doumo arigatou gozaimasu!!

Hi Nightpiper,

MO is not easy to arrange coz this item is big and expensive. Let see if I can get hold of it next year. BTW, the 35mm macro is selling for around $400 in Japan - not sure if this is droolable or not.:D

Hi Cookiez,

Did not know that you can bring in SLR coz I had an unpleasant experience last month... Well, as for the 50mm f2.0 it is definitely cheaper from the US even it means paying the postage. I think the cheapest in Singapore is around $800.

Status
Not open for further replies.