New High Speed Fibre Broadband

haha their plans all start with Ex.... Ex = Expensive!

their marketing and advertising guys seriously need to buck up

To me, all these are just gimicks to show to people from other countries that we have fibre connectivity!

I can understand having fibre for corporate to boost up point-to-point speed. But for personal use, it's a lousy idea, as we don't even know where the bottleneck is. Can be at server end we never know, so why bother to install and spend so much every month just to get fibre? Try connecting to a China website in the evening using fibre and see if you can get 25Mbps? :bsmilie:

Unless everyone is moving to fibre and there is an economy of scale, and it's too expensive to upkeep my current plan, I'll for sure remain status quo.

Last edited:
Japan has fibre optic connection, when playing PS3 Call of duty with them,, really du lan... can not win ... so if Singapore has fibre optic, may be next time can play better Call of duty with Japanese

i have decided to move over to M1 optic fibre broadband hehe......

probably will get the 50MBPs plan at $49 a mth...my old wireless router only supports up to 54Mbps....so probably no point getting the 100 Mbps plan.... wonder if its worth it "renting" their wireless gateway for $2 a mth.

probably will get the 50MBPs plan at $49 a mth...my old wireless router only supports up to 54Mbps....so probably no point getting the 100 Mbps plan.... wonder if its worth it "renting" their wireless gateway for $2 a mth.

Do let us know, hows the speed like when using bit torrent. :think:

My place won't be wired till end of 2011... beside, just signed a new 2 year plan with Singtel last Nov to get their Samsung Tab. :sweat:

yeah hehe...wld like to start downloading stuff again :p...havent been able to use torrents using starhub as they block the torrent IP addresses.....

yeah hehe...wld like to start downloading stuff again :p...havent been able to use torrents using starhub as they block the torrent IP addresses.....

oh really? this is bad.. it is not true internet then.. wth! :thumbsd:

Don't think you'll be able to get that speed anyway. Even if you do, the other end probably won't able to serve you with that speed either!

Don't think you'll be able to get that speed anyway. Even if you do, the other end probably won't able to serve you with that speed either!

could make a difference for torrent downloads with multiple seeds hmmmm.... n hopefully uploads of HD videos to Utube and Facebook will be faster too hehe.... One thing i like about the fibre optic broad band is that M1 promises no capping of the upload speed...

could make a difference for torrent downloads with multiple seeds hmmmm.... n hopefully uploads of HD videos to Utube and Facebook will be faster too hehe.... One thing i like about the fibre optic broad band is that M1 promises no capping of the upload speed...

For torrent and seeds, I can understand. But for individual connectivity, I doubt you will see a significant increase in speed.

If you want a land-line number or port it over, you need to rent the RG @ $2.

But when everyone else switch to fibre optic, maybe my current Singhang mio will become a good internet connection!

signup with singtel in dec 2010, but installation only available end of feb 2011.
all fully booked :sweat:

I am one of those early adopters.

Here speed test result:
Connection speed with SGP server
fibertotexas.jpg

Connection speed to Texas
fibertosingapore.jpg

your connection speed is only as fast as the slowest connection between you and your destination.

your connection speed is only as fast as the slowest connection between you and your destination.
Foxshade, what is your plan?
I remember they cap intl speed to 25mbps dl/ul.
The plan that I subscribe 50mpbs only.