New D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajit

Jun 22, 2004
I Plan to buy Nikon D70 in a day or two. Just wondering if I should go for the D70 Kit which is for $2100 or the MS Color offer that has D70 Kit + 512 CF card + Nikon Tripod + Nikon Bag + remote control + eBook for $2288.....
For $188 extra I will get 512 CF card + Nikon Tripod + Nikon Bag + remote control + eBook. Is it worth $188?
Any idea what's the price of Hoya 67mm filter that i will need to buy for the lens ?
I think MS color will give me the cheapest 512 CF card with ths deal.... Will this impact camera performance?

Please advice........

Ajit said:
For $188 extra I will get 512 CF card + Nikon Tripod + Nikon Bag + remote control + eBook. Is it worth $188?
Do you need these extra items? If so, yes, worth it, if not, no, not worth it.

Ajit said:
Any idea what's the price of Hoya 67mm filter that i will need to buy for the lens ?
I think MS color will give me the cheapest 512 CF card with ths deal.... Will this impact camera performance?
Hoya? Please... you've spent a chunk of your savings on the camera & len already, get at least a B+W MRC 010 UV. Why get Hoya? :devil:

DSLRs are much faster writing machines than normal DCs, so CF speed does matter in cases. If you're not bothered by the speed, nothing much to worry about.

Ajit said:
I Plan to buy Nikon D70 in a day or two. Just wondering if I should go for the D70 Kit which is for $2100 or the MS Color offer that has D70 Kit + 512 CF card + Nikon Tripod + Nikon Bag + remote control + eBook for $2288.....

Please advice........

the 512Mb CF card is worth about S$160+++. It could be worth S$190++ if it is branded. if you don't need it, then its not worth it.

Any chance MS-colour sells below RRP ?
For the Hoya UV 67mm, its abt $27 (However a lot of places no stock)
Thos newer thinner (think multi-coated) Hoya about $47.

Ajit said:

Please advice........

gUARDSbOY said:
Any chance MS-colour sells below RRP ?
For the Hoya UV 67mm, its abt $27 (However a lot of places no stock)
Thos newer thinner (think multi-coated) Hoya about $47.

You should be able to get a Hoya HMC Super UV(0) 67mm for no more than $40.

hi all,

:sweat: wanting to get the D70 too, perhaps together with the SB600. and have the same questions as Ajit. also, is the D70 good with the AF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6D?

Ajit, :embrass: sorry for riding on your thread.... but thanks!

I get the Hoya HMC Super UV(0) 67mm for $35 at John 3:16.

haiz.... can i be get bothered by this problem tooo.... :dunno: at least u can get a DSLR lor.... D70 somemore... haiz... me craving for it still cannot get.... haiz.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

You an also get a more economical 512mb CF card from East Gear at $139 http://www.massorder.com/shop/default.php?cPath=19_20&osCsid=2bfa06094c7b9023193bf9db41c84459. ;)
So lets say you got the $2100 w/o the goodies and add $139 for the CF which totals to $2239. Then for about $49, you can get the bag, the tripod, the ebook, the remote. If you dun have a cam bag or need a sling bag, then other brand bags could cost about more than $50. Personally I have used that sling bag and loved it (I have not tried out other brands tho :D). So with if you want bag, then prob good deal for you personally. The rest would then be like freebie. I have not opened the ebook, gave the tripod to my friend and have not tried the remote yet so can't advise you on that. Hope it helps :)

sunnierain said:
hi all,

:sweat: wanting to get the D70 too, perhaps together with the SB600. and have the same questions as Ajit. also, is the D70 good with the AF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6D?

Ajit, :embrass: sorry for riding on your thread.... but thanks!

The AF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6D will work fine on the D70, but keep in mind that the equivalent field of view will be 42mm-300mm.

There are 2 versions of the Nikkor 28-200mm. The older version is D version and its more expensive. The newer G version is cheaper. Look up dpreview.com and you'll find that the consenses is that the G version is better than the D version, and many think it is value for money.

thanks, mine's the AF Zoom-Nikkor 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED actually. anyone knows the cost of the remote control?

Ajit said:

Please advice........

Just Got the package from MS today, i got 512MB Sandisk Hi speed Ver, Nikon Tripod + Nikon Bag + remote control + eBook
And i manage to get the Hoya 67mm UV filter as a package at 2.3K :bsmilie:
It's a really a good Deal..... They left a few sets only if want need to call them to reserve for you. Because today they ask me if i have reserve a set if not have to wait for them to get more stock from Nikon....

Hi All,

Thanks for all your inputs. I got the D70 Kit with all the free things yesterday. Tried out the D70 and its great. Will take it out this weekend to see what all it can do :devil: Forgot to mention that they even throw in a CF card reader free in the deal

Now I have to get rid of my F80 to finance SB600 or new lense :cool: . Whats the ongoing sellig price for a F80 body with MB16 ? Both are in excellent condition (9.8/10).......

Thanks again.......

Ajit said:
Hi All,

Thanks for all your inputs. I got the D70 Kit with all the free things yesterday. Tried out the D70 and its great. Will take it out this weekend to see what all it can do :devil: Forgot to mention that they even throw in a CF card reader free in the deal

Now I have to get rid of my F80 to finance SB600 or new lense :cool: . Whats the ongoing sellig price for a F80 body with MB16 ? Both are in excellent condition (9.8/10).......

Thanks again.......
Hi there Ajit, congrats on getting D70, I'm sure you'll love it. :) Is this your first foray into digital? You might consider hanging on to your F80 body for the time being, until you get the hang of your new cam and am sure that film has no place in your future, then you could sell your body to gain some cash. Most people I know of who have converted from film to digital now use digital exclusively, and have sold off their film bodies.

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.