Nepal trip: Anyone interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:gbounce: New Prototype Itinerary (include trekking and hiking):rbounce:

Day 01:
Arriving at noon. Evening Cultural program and welcomed dinner (inclusive) Stay overnight at Hotel Vaishali

Day 02:
Full day sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley--- 3 queen cities of Kantipur, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur. Drive 1 hour to Nagarkot and stay overnight at Hotel View Point

Day 03:
Early wake up for the sunrise view (photo shooting) and walk around the village surroundings to see the Nepalese daily activities. After lunch, hike to Changu Narayan Temple, it is one of the oldest temple from 6th centuries, and retun by car. At night, horse riding to explore the village surroundings (horse riding approx SGD6 - 7 per hour per horse, no horse sharing) Stay overnight at Hotel View Point

Day 04:
One way trekking for 6 hours from Nagarkot to Dhulikhel, one of Newari old town. Stay overnight at Dhulikhel Lodge Resort.

Day 05:
Hiking around in the morning and drive 5 hour to Royal Chitwan National Park for Jungle safari trip. Stay overnight at Baghmara Wildlife Camp or Rhino Regency

Day 06:
Observing the wild lives at Royal Chitwan National Park, elephant back safari, jungle walk, canoeing, bird watching, village visiting, cultural program. Acitivity fees, lunch & dinner at Chitwan National Park are provided. Stay overnight at Baghmara Wildlife Camp or Rhino Regency

Day 07:
Morning: Wildlife seeing, boating in the river for the reptiles, wood walk, Afternoon: Drive 4-5 hour back to Kathmandu City and stay overnight at Hotel Vaishali

Day 08:
Full day sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley and stay overnight at Hotel Vaishali

Day 09:
Return to Singapore or stop by Bangkok (individual preference)

For hotel info, pls click on the address

Kathmandu - Hotel Vaishali
http://www.vaishalihotel.com/

Nagarkot - Hotel View Point
http://www.acharyahotels.com/nagarkot.htm

Dhulikhel - Dhulikhel Lodge Resort
http://www.dhulikhellodgeresort.com/

Chitwan - Baghmara Wildlife Camp or Rhino Regency
http://www.baghmara.com.np/facilities.html
http://www.acharyahotels.com/chitwan-rhino-lodge.htm

Total cost per person for this 10D9N trip is USD280.

A new prototype itinerary (include trekking and hiking) has just been posted.

Can we discuss about the time? I prefer a date around 8/9 Oct 2003 or later coz I will have an important presentation on 7 Oct 2003, if no delay.

I believe some of u might have checked out with other agents and condition for travelling to Nepal.

July-Sep is no doubt out of the question. It rains heavily and frequently. Tentatively, I propose the trip to be in the month of Oct'03. And I will stick to the agent that I have been in contact. Unless u can find another who is provide better service, cheaper, and can tailor made to our own scheduled itinerary.

Departure date ?? It is very hard to discuss over the forum. Since we are not the only 2 that are interested. Pls state your name and your condition. And we will make a date to meet up for more solid discussion.

1. wong_se (anytime)
2. TomShen (around 8/9 oct)
3. chongkm
4. kingpin
5. jasonpgc
6. cheers
7. Sputnik (no month end)
8. sfhuang

1. wong_se (anytime)
3. chongkm
4. kingpin (no limitation but prefer early Oct)
5. jasonpgc
6. cheers
8. sfhuang

I'd no real limitation but would prefer to go in early Oct immediately after rainy season.

that seems like a nice schedule ...

makes me just want to go shopping for trekking stuff right now...

something to look forward to .... at the beginning of the 4th quarter of 2003.

oh actually any part of October is fine with me ...

cheers

taken in consideration of current interest & inidividual limitation,

I may like to make the first recommended date of departure.

11-Oct-03 (Saturday) to 19-Oct-03 (Sunday)

** For those who woold like to stay for few days in bangkok, I think u should stop by on the way back from Kathmandu.

Why 11- Oct ??

1) We fly on Saturday and come back on Sunday. A week of escape.
2) It is few day after raining season.
3) It is after 8-Oct (tomshen shoud be fine with it)
4) It is no month-end (Sputnik shoud be fine with it)
5) It is first half of the month. (kingpin should be fine with it)

Are u happy with this schedule ?

>>11-Oct-03 (Saturday) to 19-Oct-03 (Sunday)

I am in :D

Great to hear that. Now at least I manage to get a mate to go with.

Besides myself and TomShen, anyone is in ??

chongkm , kingpin, jasonpgc, cheers, Sputnik, sfhuang ???

Wow, as Sputnik wrote, can not wait to shop for hiking shoes :D :D

i think i will need a back pack ... and those wide mouth water bottles...

i think i'll just be able to bring my G2 there ... cos i didn't have the time, inclination or the marnee to go for a 10D yet... though it'll be good .... anyway.. dun think i am experienced enuf to make use of the 10D yet.. so better stick with something i know :)

would there be any white water rafting thingy? .. it will be good fun too ...

Oh yes... n socks... lots of them ... cold feet ... literally is a bad thing ...

Regards

I am sure there is lots to do during the stay in Chitwan National Park. Pls refer to Day5-Day7 of the latest prototype itinerary.

Since we are not going for a 100% photoshooting trip, there will be lots of adventurous activities. Water rafting is no doubt, a must on the list.

From my personal experience, unless u are really photographing maniac or strongly built, carrying your backpack, & your D100 with APO 500mm lens & 3kg Manfrotto or SLIK tripod while trekking on Nepal mountain (not Bukit Timah Hark) for 6 hours is no joke.

If u insist on doing so, it is ok for us to leave u behind if u could not follow the group with same pace:devil: and pls dun expect other to help u out, since I think other may have overloaded themselves as well.

As for me, simple and nice would always be the best. Will just take my s602 along. That will do me all for good for the trip.

Hey Guys, are u committed enough ? May be we should call for a meet up for detail discussion, I can also try my best to share the info with u all.

yeah .... lugging around lots of equipment is no joke ...

it'll be just fun to go to a place where the pace of life is so much different from ours... once there i think .. we'll think the troubles we have back home will seem so insignificant to a bunch of ppl who can still be happy and contented ...

i supposed we'll need to buy a few extra batteries as a backup right ...

regards

i supposed we'll need to buy a few extra batteries as a backup right ...

When I made the decision to recommend the prototype itinerary to CS, I have also considered that some of us might shooting with DSLR or DC. And we of course, need a hotel that can provide good eletricity supply. If u opt to stay at guest house, motel or backpack inn, the power suppy is very inconsistent. It may have fault few times a day.

If u have read the Nepal travel experience (posted on net), u will be surpirsed that some backpack inn have limited (inconsistent) power. Eletricity may be cut off 3-5 times a day. If it happens during your shower time, u need to boil (in traditionall way) for your own hot water.

Due to these concerns, those shooting with DLSR and DC with have lots of problem to get their battery charged. That's why I choose a package with quite decent hotel/resort. If we would like to stay in budget inn, the cost will definately be cheaper. But since USD280 for 9D8N is quite affordable, I will rather stick to the choice I'va made.

Yes, i'm interested but i'm also looking at the trekking to Annapurna Sanctuary. Will let u know soon. Could u consider departing on Mon 13 Oct instead. I understand that then it will be a Mon to Tue.

Personally, I dun fancy your idea. Excuse me if I offended u in anyway.

my recommended departure date of 11-Oct to 19-Oct would only require us to take 5 days off (assuming that we are working 5day week)

13-Oct to 21-oct will require additional 2days of from the office.

Furthermore, imagine if the trip kick-off 13-Oct (Monday), u are like ant on hot pot during the weekend. The "really could not wait any more longer " condition is very torturng.

Anyhow, u for sure, should voice your idea during the meet up. The majorities will rule the decision.

Understand. Maybe leave on Sun as a compromise. BTW I can't ride a horse, so alternative????

Nor I do know riding horse. If u really dun wanna try it out, the tour guide will make other arrangement for town sightseeing , shopping. (I had raised this question to them before, these are what they suggested)

Originally posted by kingpin
1. wong_se (anytime)
3. chongkm (Will only know when sch schedule is out)
4. kingpin (no limitation but prefer early Oct)
5. jasonpgc
6. cheers
8. sfhuang

I'd no real limitation but would prefer to go in early Oct immediately after rainy season.

chongkm - u should also refer to the other comments too not just mine.
Think we are trying to fine tune a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.