Need recommendations for post-processing software

Photoshop and lightroom are good... But I think there should still be alternative for people who want to do post-processing.

GIMP is very powerful and it does most things that photoshop do. There is a free window binary version so there is no need to install linux to use GIMP. If someone else who really didn't has any budget, GIMP is probably the best out there. I have GIMP on my ubuntu and office laptop. As its free, I can have it on my office computer and it comes in handy when I need to tweak some images.

I read that Noise Ninja is good for noise reduction. But unfortunately, its not free. For an alternative, you can try NeatImage. I have this running with my WINE on ubuntu.

cheerss..

Photoshop and lightroom are good... But I think there should still be alternative for people who want to do post-processing.

GIMP is very powerful and it does most things that photoshop do. There is a free window binary version so there is no need to install linux to use GIMP. If someone else who really didn't has any budget, GIMP is probably the best out there. I have GIMP on my ubuntu and office laptop. As its free, I can have it on my office computer and it comes in handy when I need to tweak some images.

I read that Noise Ninja is good for noise reduction. But unfortunately, its not free. For an alternative, you can try NeatImage. I have this running with my WINE on ubuntu.

I'm using Kubuntu Linux too at home and at work, and the great thing about Bibble (if you don't mind spending a bit of money) is that there is a native Linux client. PS and LR is no go on Wine, I previously had to use a VM to use LR2. The Bibble license comes with Noise Ninja basic too.

Use Photoscape - Free Software previously. Simple and easy to use.

Now learning CS4...Bought it before I knew CS5 coming out..

I'm using Kubuntu Linux too at home and at work, and the great thing about Bibble (if you don't mind spending a bit of money) is that there is a native Linux client. PS and LR is no go on Wine, I previously had to use a VM to use LR2. The Bibble license comes with Noise Ninja basic too.

Actually I do have a copy of CS2 running on WINE. It turns out okie. CS2 compatiblity on WINE is good. Nowadays I use GIMP more because it load faster and does all the thing I want with photoshop.

Haven't try CS5 yet. I believed it's the best out there with a price to pay. Anyway, it's good to have alternative. :)

Thanks guys for the recommendations! I just went down to get CS5 Design Premium. Hope to practise more and become better at PP..:)