Need Help With KL Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astin said:
I also wanted to go KL for the holidays, but the jam at Causeway and Second Link was very bad the last few weekends, heard ppl stuck there for 2-3 hours on each side!

oh yes, it took me 10 hours to reach KL on Christmas eve:sweat:

sunfish said:
oh yes, it took me 10 hours to reach KL on Christmas eve:sweat:

I was quite lucky. I drove back from KL on Monday (Boxing Day) and was preparing to face a massive jam coming in from Tuas at around 9pm. To my surprise, there was hardly any cars, we didn't even have to stop, just drove straight into the immigration booths.. first time leh :thumbsup:

When u going? Gimme yr email address... I can send u more info... save u lots of $$$ on hotels etc.

There's one new hotel downtown for just RM80-110 per nite.

My email is pete@awarna.com

For bus companies, take Grassland from Beach Road, its pretty reliable and cheap. If not take the luxury bus from Novetel Hotel (Only problem, the idiots there do not pick up the phone! Lazy bums who just sit here and issue tickets so no phone booking possible, not even possible to check if there are anymore seats availiable)

If you want to stay in the city then you should stay along Jalan Bukit Bintang, there are many budget hotels there. RM 50 and below a night. But dont expect anything more than a bed. Petaling Jaya or PJ is quite a distance from the city. The hotel to stay at in Petaling Jaya is Eastin.

For food, eat at Chinatown, there is a famous claypot rice store there, near where all the tourist type of eateries not unlike our Chinatown. Also try their version of grilled stingray. If not eat at the street running parallel to Jalan Bukit Bintang.

If you want to shop at Chinatown for fake goods, its always better to be able to speak cantonese as that is the lingo there, easier to pass off as local. The rule is always if the item is say 50 dollars on the price tag, you bargain until its around 1/3 of the price. I have never heard of anyone getting hit on the head.... mmmm maybe that guy who got hit was really kwa lan to the shop owner???

Basically at Jalan Bukit Bintang, its also a red light district, you will have men coming up to you asking u if you want girls, most spas and health centres at all hotels are covers for brothels. But however if you are street smart, you will be fine.... just dont act loud and let the whole world know you are Singaporean. Be humble and smile and open your eyes, you will be fine.....

I was posted there for a while 2 years ago and when I went there for the first time in my life. I was left alone as there was no one I knew. I ended up clubbing alone by myself till 6 am in the morning ending up in a joint where people were taking estacy and all.... but I survived..... :)

Sion said:
Hi! Anyone here knows any decent hotel in Petaling Jaya area with reasonal price?

Try this www.numbereight.com.my it very near those shopping area. Have seen the place. It very cosy and price not too bad.

Gymrat76 said:
I oso kena once, since then I just stick to either of these companies:

1. Aeroline www.aeroline.com.sg
2. TranStar -but maybe reconsider now :bsmilie:
3. Nice2 - but their bus a bit run down, never maintain and service getting bad to worse
4. FirstCoach - my fav by far. Departs from Novena Sq, stops at Bangsar LRT station

To me, all bus company same la......Accident always happen, just pray hard for our trip lor...... i saw a konsotium bus topple along the malaysia expressway when i heading up to KL.

Usually, i book my tickets with the bus company which have the timing that i want.

I just booked my tickets from Transtar for my this coming KL trip. I pay $68 for 2 way. 1st time taking too, those with indivisual "tv" and food provided too.

Status
Not open for further replies.