Need help in choosing ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoral81

Sep 2, 2005
Hmm anyone knows the quality of the nikon cool pix S1 ?
cos comex show selling quite cheap i think ?
at only 549 with alot of freebies...
i am now deciding whether to get the below... in dilemma man...
nikon s1 - 549
lumix fx 9 - 749
casio s500 - 749
casio z500 - 649
canon ixus 50 - 759
fuji z1 - 599

pls give ur recommendation cos most pro tomorrow going to head down to comex liao .....

Thanks you

Fuji new S9000 or S5200 is :thumbsup: do consider.

Go look at Fuji F10 $699 if you don't need full manual control.... i think this is the best compact below $1K for image quality at both low and high ISO (upto iso1600) for now ;)

hmm s9000 ??? s5200 ??
comex got sell meh ???
f10 might be quite taxing wor...and not very sleek looking heehee

Fuji S9500 going at $999 in COMEX ;)

not too sure about what you mean by taxing on the F10 but its pretty easy to hold steady due to its weight and not too sleek size... with some hand support you can even shoot at 1/4sec at the widest zoom!

bluecoral81 said:
Hmm anyone knows the quality of the nikon cool pix S1 ?
cos comex show selling quite cheap i think ?
at only 549 with alot of freebies...
i am now deciding whether to get the below... in dilemma man...
nikon s1 - 549
lumix fx 9 - 749
casio s500 - 749
casio z500 - 649
canon ixus 50 - 759
fuji z1 - 599

pls give ur recommendation cos most pro tomorrow going to head down to comex liao .....

Thanks you

Went Comex yesterday and played around with all the above cams u mentioned.
I no expert hor but based on the initial impressions I have on their overall feel, LCD quality and build...
I will go for ixus and lumix, the nikon s1 i played with felt the lens and LCD like not as good as canon and pana... :) fuji z1 and F10 the focusing on the LCD seems abit soft, otherwise they seem like solid cams. The casio ex-z500 (lens and lcd) doesnt feel as solid...

You going for Ultracompacts only? Z1 at a really affordable price with decent photo quality.

Hi my friends bought the Casion Z500 and S500. Both cameras are pretty impressive especially with their anti-shake. Approach their staff and ask for a demostrate. Shake as much as you want and shoot, your picture is still clear. So will be quite useful to those who have terrible handshake like me :(
Function wise is quite user friendly and most of all they give a 256mb mp3player but can exchange for a 1gb sd card if buy more than 1 cam.

My 2 cents worth of suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.