Need help! F -- signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi zac08,

Do I have to unmount the lens?

Can only upload the picture tonight. ):

Yes... have to unmount and show us the rear of the lens. Tat way it'll be easier to see if there is anything wrong with it. ;)

Argh! My com is down, can't post the photo.

i've read up the Sticky for D80 under the Nikon thread, and i realised the possible solution is to:

u dun actually have to take the lens off. just hold down the lens release button, then turn the lens abt 45deg anti-clockwise, and then 45deg clockwise back to original position or until u hear 'click' sound

Ya, tried that and found that it works. Just that, everytime the F-- appears i got to do that.:sweatsm:

i've read up the Sticky for D80 under the Nikon thread, and i realised the possible solution is to:

Ya, tried that and found that it works. Just that, everytime the F-- appears i got to do that.:sweatsm:

It means your camera mount lock is kinda defective. Better bring it back for a check.

Sounds like some problems with the electrical contacts on the lens or on the body. How often does that happen?

It means your camera mount lock is kinda defective. Better bring it back for a check.

Hmm i guess so, thanks zac08. ;)

Sounds like some problems with the electrical contacts on the lens or on the body. How often does that happen?

:think:, quite. I am guilty of carrying the d80 in my tote bag, not camera bag. i suppose bcos lack of proper support and the movements cause the contacts to go out of place?

Hmm i guess so, thanks zac08. ;)

:think:, quite. I am guilty of carrying the d80 in my tote bag, not camera bag. i suppose bcos lack of proper support and the movements cause the contacts to go out of place?

Can you check to see if there are any cracks on your lens mount at the rear of the lens? I sometimes carry my DSLR in my harvest sack without other supports too but my lenses are metal mount, so they are definitely more hardy.. Would it be possible to take a picture of the lens mount for us to see if we can see anything wrong with it? Shoot both directions so that we can see the contact side and the opposite side.

I will do it asap. and post the photos up :) thanks for the advice!

i tink 18-135mm kit lens is plastic mount, read it somewhere. hmm..

I will do it asap. and post the photos up :) thanks for the advice!

i tink 18-135mm kit lens is plastic mount, read it somewhere. hmm..

Yes. The 18-135 is plastic mount that's why I asked you to check for cracks.. Hopefully there's none.

I've taken the photos of the lens mount, is that the correct way? Please correct me if i've taken wrongly. thanks :)

I hope there isn't any cracks. )):

L1.jpg

L3.jpg

L4.jpg

L2.jpg

From the last pic, the aperture lever looks a lil bent.

Look at it head on... it should be straight and not bent at all. This may be the issue.

From the last pic, the aperture lever looks a lil bent.

Look at it head on... it should be straight and not bent at all. This may be the issue.

It does look a little bent in the last picture.. Can any other owners of the 18-135 verify that the design is indeed like this?

It does look a little bent in the last picture.. Can any other owners of the 18-135 verify that the design is indeed like this?

Think it is not bend cause we r looking it at a diffrent angle, i'm using the D80 kit too & recently i face the same problem. But then i realise my mistake that the lens that i fix to the body was not properly lock. A bit of adjustment to the lens then i get my camera in working condition. But if we sense something is not right we might jst ask the expert to check on it.

the nikon 18-135 is commonly know to have the mount problem..

Yes.. this is right.. the first time i bring this camera out.. for a gathering event.. i encounter this R13~ or F-- issue.. lucky there is a pro in the grp.. help me solve the issue..

cos i didn't get a chance to mount up the lens , at the point i bought this cam.

Think it is not bend cause we r looking it at a diffrent angle, i'm using the D80 kit too & recently i face the same problem. But then i realise my mistake that the lens that i fix to the body was not properly lock. A bit of adjustment to the lens then i get my camera in working condition. But if we sense something is not right we might jst ask the expert to check on it.

It seems that in msbinary's case, the lens has to be unmounted and remounted every now and then when the F-- occurs.

Yes.. this is right.. the first time i bring this camera out.. for a gathering event.. i encounter this R13~ or F-- issue.. lucky there is a pro in the grp.. help me solve the issue..

cos i didn't get a chance to mount up the lens , at the point i bought this cam.

Oh how was the problem solved?:) Ya i din had a chance to mount the lens at the point of purchase too..

It seems that in msbinary's case, the lens has to be unmounted and remounted every now and then when the F-- occurs.

Yup, tt's wad i've been doing. It helps, but i guess really gotta bring it down for checking.

I've posted a new thread at the Nikon discussion.

Oh how was the problem solved?:) Ya i din had a chance to mount the lens at the point of purchase too..

Yup, tt's wad i've been doing. It helps, but i guess really gotta bring it down for checking.

I've posted a new thread at the Nikon discussion.

Just wondering if your D80 might be having an older firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.