Need advise: D7000 hotpixel after firmware upgrade

http://nikonrumors.com/2010/12/21/nikon-d7000-firmware-update-1-01-is-out.aspx

"Update: you may have to run the firmware update twice in order to get rid of all “bright spots”. Here are three examples: before the update, after the first update and after the second update (.mov files may take a while to load)."

Well, it doesn't make any logical sense to me, other than "remap after installation of firmware". In that case, installing it again would trigger the remapping sequence, hopefully resolve this issue...

But then again, doesn't make sense to me. If it helps on your side?

http://nikonrumors.com/2010/12/21/nikon-d7000-firmware-update-1-01-is-out.aspx

"Update: you may have to run the firmware update twice in order to get rid of all “bright spots”. Here are three examples: before the update, after the first update and after the second update (.mov files may take a while to load)."

Well, it doesn't make any logical sense to me, other than "remap after installation of firmware". In that case, installing it again would trigger the remapping sequence, hopefully resolve this issue...

But then again, doesn't make sense to me. If it helps on your side?

3rd time i tried. still there. actually there many hot pixel. but even under iso 200 when zoomed in still can be seen. it only get dimmer when i lowered the iso settings.

Could any kind soul who own a D7000 (with updated firmare) to post pictures with the following settings :

Shutter:1sec ISO:200 f/3.5
Shutter:1sec ISO:400 f/3.5
Shutter:1sec ISO:800 f/3.5
Shutter:1sec ISO:1600 f/3.5
Shutter:1sec ISO:3200 f/3.5
Shutter:1sec ISO:6400 f/3.5

I would like to make some comparisons... and thank you for your time...

Greatly appreciated... Thanks

Could any kind soul who own a D7000 (with updated firmare) to post pictures with the following settings :

I will post up later night. Anyway I just went to e shop and check and they allowed me to exchange a new set with them

I will post up later night. Anyway I just went to e shop and check and they allowed me to exchange a new set with them

Great ... looking forward to it... hehe :D.. thans

Looks good enough even on 6400

visble at around f/8

I have the same problem as you have after i update my firmware it just get worst and having a plenty permanent hot pixel and i just go to the nsc and without question they give me a new body new stock with the new firmware and so happy no even a small bright spot

yah once u go iso6400, 10sec ,f8 more or less u gonna see 1-4 white dots, i don't really believe there can be really no hot pixels at all, i guess very rare, but unless u are seeing many stars annoyingly at f3.5 unzoom otherwise should just overlook it and enjoy the camera. :angel:

I have the same problem as you have after i update my firmware it just get worst and having a plenty permanent hot pixel and i just go to the nsc and without question they give me a new body new stock with the new firmware and so happy no even a small bright spot

Seems like NSC got stocks!!! With new firmware... Is that new batch?

Seems like NSC got stocks!!! With new firmware... Is that new batch?

i think so because came out with the new box with the new firmware and theres no sign of hotpixel at all and without question they change my body

Hi CanonInD, Thanks for taking the photos.. it seems ur pics are much much better than mine.. I know what should I do for the next step.. ^_^

Hi bonnie17, what kind of setting do you use? does ur pics worse than mine or almost the same?
when did you change the body? u just showed them the picture u took and they do the exchange?

Thanks for replying

Hi CanonInD, Thanks for taking the photos.. it seems ur pics are much much better than mine.. I know what should I do for the next step.. ^_^

Hi bonnie17, what kind of setting do you use? does ur pics worse than mine or almost the same?
when did you change the body? u just showed them the picture u took and they do the exchange?

Thanks for replying

mine has alot after firmware updated. just that only appears on f/5 onwards. i can see alot taken at f/8 even on iso 400 or 200

yah once u go iso6400, 10sec ,f8 more or less u gonna see 1-4 white dots, i don't really believe there can be really no hot pixels at all, i guess very rare, but unless u are seeing many stars annoyingly at f3.5 unzoom otherwise should just overlook it and enjoy the camera. :angel:

i see plenty of dots from my set. haha

im going down to the shop and exchange another body. if the same problems occured i can go down to NSC and exchange a new one?

Thanks for replying

i try to shoot with the lens cup on with
2 sec f2.8 iso 1000 up to iso 4000 and do night photo with long exposure and encounter same bright spot on the same location i just went there today and without hesitation they change the body just go there and bring your cam and nsc will be closed on dec 31 and jan 3

im going down to the shop and exchange another body. if the same problems occured i can go down to NSC and exchange a new one?

dont go to the shop just go directly to nsc they are really kind and approachable because if you go to the shop and they give you the same old stock it might not solve your problem if you go to NSC and give you the new box set with the new firmware you have the chances getting the good one

Last edited:
I went down to e shop last night and they exchange e last set to me. Was quite happy that under f/8 10 sec exposure ISO3200, I only saw 3 hotpix. ;D. Didn't upgrade e firmware thou. Did you bring e wholebox down? I remember e box has e serial no. Pasted on.