NDP Rehearsal 030710 Mobile Column

E3lipse

Jun 29, 2008
Singapore | Perth, Australia
Only keen on armoured vehs as I was a tech dealing with them during my NSF days which just ended.

Bad weather on Sat, drizzle can be seen in photos

Wish to go take this Saturday again at 2pm, hopefully there's a run then.

#1 Leopard 2A4 Revo
4760858253_f5e960c487_b.jpg

#2 Bionix 2 30mm
4760862233_8b0069e556_b.jpg

#3 Terrex ICV
4760865945_5642ff05a2_b.jpg

#4 Trailblazer
4761500934_dc54b3242e_b.jpg

#5 Bionix AVLB
4761501864_8114aa4a93_b.jpg

#6 Primus SSPH1
4760879323_ce3671b5bc_b.jpg

#7 M113A2 Ultra - Mechanised Igla Integrated fire unit
4760880367_198454dbe5_b.jpg

#8 Cadillac Gage V200
4761515390_b1b14bea5e_b.jpg

#9 Bionix Recovery
4761522738_e77503efe8_b.jpg

#10 Bronco ATTC
4760887031_1ff6de9753_b.jpg

Nice capture in the rains bro.

The rehearsals is taking a toll on the participants especially with the rain.

Cheers.

Nice photos.
I also went there on that day but I am not well prepare to shoot in the rain.
I will try my luck again next week.

Nice capture in the rains bro.

The rehearsals is taking a toll on the participants especially with the rain.

Cheers.

Thanks bro! :) Hope to try again this Sat before they move in.

Nice photos.
I also went there on that day but I am not well prepare to shoot in the rain.
I will try my luck again next week.

Yutaka, i was taking shelter under a tree so I didn't get much water, plus i was holding an umbrella when I'm not snapping. :)

Nice capture! Anyway can you tell me which are the contingents which passed you by from your side?

r u the one wear white t tat day at the junction of the art house

Hi Harrynkl, I can't remember what I wore that day but if you saw a rather big sized guy with a black Crumpler bag and a 70 - 200 F4 lens, then it should be me, if you're refering to a ponytailed guy wearing white shirt, nope :)

Nice capture! Anyway can you tell me which are the contingents which passed you by from your side?

Huaiwei, thanks :)
If you mean the marching con, all of them marched past me. The mobile column splits at the Y junction so you'll get half of everything.

By the way, anyone got photos of the leopard variant parked by the road?

Hi Harrynkl, I can't remember what I wore that day but if you saw a rather big sized guy with a black Crumpler bag and a 70 - 200 F4 lens, then it should be me, if you're refering to a ponytailed guy wearing white shirt, nope :)

If you mean the marching con, all of them marched past me. The mobile column splits at the Y junction so you'll get half of everything.

By the way, anyone got photos of the leopard variant parked by the road?

i think i saw u, i'm the one wearing the jungle hat

Most welcome!

I am surprised all of them matched past you? Tot they tend to march off in two separate directions with one headed towards Beach Road and the other towards your side? Was there a change?

no la i was along at the junction

Not the one in the restricted area with the old camo goretex right? Sorry bro, didn't notice you.

Most welcome!

I am surprised all of them matched past you? Tot they tend to march off in two separate directions with one headed towards Beach Road and the other towards your side? Was there a change?

Don't think so. That's for the mobile column.

Don't think so. That's for the mobile column.
Erm I think there is a miscom here haha.

I am referring to the time when the marching contingents march off (as in...leave) the padang. Usually the GOH will all march past the president in the traditional way down St Andrew's Road towards the CBD, but the supporting contingents has had various ways of marching out, usually to save time. The last time it was held at the padang, they marched up to the president and then split in two directions such that half the contingents march towards the CBD and the other half towards Beach Road.

So this is the thing I am concerned about coz I need to know where to position myself to catch different contingents, unless you are indeed affirmative that every single contingent, including the supporting contingents, actually marched pass your location (i.e., all the contingents marched pass the president in the traditional way and marched off towards the CBD)?

Many thanks in advance for the info!

Last edited:
Harry , ex regular?

Erm I think there is a miscom here haha.

I am referring to the time when the marching contingents march off (as in...leave) the padang. Usually the GOH will all march past the president in the traditional way down St Andrew's Road towards the CBD, but the supporting contingents has had various ways of marching out, usually to save time. The last time it was held at the padang, they marched up to the president and then split in two directions such that half the contingents march towards the CBD and the other half towards Beach Road.

So this is the thing I am concerned about coz I need to know where to position myself to catch different contingents, unless you are indeed affirmative that every single contingent, including the supporting contingents, actually marched pass your location (i.e., all the contingents marched pass the president in the traditional way and marched off towards the CBD)?

Many thanks in advance for the info!

As far as military and uniform groups are concerned, all of them marched past me, as well as the civilian organizations holding flags and humming "left right left right" :bsmilie:

BUT, this could be applicable up to NE Shows as last year, marching contingents U turned back to F1 Pit after floating platform, only towards Preview or actual day then they marched the full route around Padang. I was involved last year (read : arrowed) with last years mini mobile column so I'm not entirely sure if it's Preview or Actual day.

Anyway don't worry, i was alone where i stood, only later on did 3 or 4 more people join me. The rest ( A LOT ) all stood at the other side of the Y Junction where you can see the performances.