My Nocturne Photography

Mezzotint

Dec 27, 2004
Balestier area
martinliew.zenfolio.com
KallangRiversite4_wm.jpg

It's been a year since I last made some nocturne photographs. Here's one I did last night.

Some information on the photograph made:
This light-painting photograph was made with my Nikon D70s on Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8 lens, set at the smallest aperture @ f/22 on 'B' mode, for long exposure timing of about 3mins 30secs. Five colored filter gels are used - Blue, Yellow, Green, Lavender and Violet. WB is set to Incandescent (or Tungsten). Photograph is made on digital RAW.

The star burst effect on the extreme right frame is caused by the road side lamp, with which closing down to the smallest aperture will have this result. The 2 stripes of light trails are caused by the MRT trains coming and going from the MRT station nearby, on the top and passing by vehicles, on the bottom.

Last edited:
Nice work....a perfect night shot

this is really cool. i love it. it's so quirky and surreal, my type of photo. :)

Nice and clean shots

Very creative indeed! :thumbsup:

Thanks Francis! It's been a long time since I last made night photographs. Used to make with color slide film, but now I have switched over to digtial. It certainly makes my photography alot easier. :)

wow... nice picture u got there... love it so much... =D

i saw your ZenFolio.

there were stunning! :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

how did u do it anw?
i read the description but did not get it.

HOw did you get the nice sharp star burst on the photo posted 20th April?

MyLaserPointer_loressmallsize.jpg

I just posted a new blog, talking about one of the useful light-painting tools i.e. laser pointer. If you' are interested and have the spare time to read the blog, click here.

Thank you. :)

Full moon phase is coming on 7 July and I made a nocturne photograph last night. Here it is.

ClubmossTrees2_wm.jpg

It was a cloudy night and the clouds were dissipated to reflect lights from distant places, with additional light illuminated by the moon. Exposure timing was pretty moderate at 4mins 51secs. Aperture set at f/5.6 with Tungsten WB.

To view more of my nocturnes, do visit my website here. Thank you. :)

Last edited: