My journey into Macro Photography.

Vickon

Oct 13, 2010
Hi Senior of Macro Photography,

I just step in this close up world. Hope can get guidance from seniors here to improve my work on Macro photography. My current set up are set of extension tube + reversed 50mm f/1.8 lens.

Here I share some of my humble works. Comments and Critiques are welcome:

6271726259_4c22b7f5e0_z.jpg

6271698799_7f722bd10b_z.jpg

6271710499_3562a2cf59_z.jpg

6272238660_5fafc30aa1_z.jpg

6271727643_b79e3d04dc_z.jpg

Thank you for viewing

Great discovery..Btw, I feel that the flash is harsh and the shadow is a little distracting..a diffuser will improve the image.
I am sure the other more experienced photographers would be able to offer you more constructive comments...keep-it up!

Great discovery..Btw, I feel that the flash is harsh and the shadow is a little distracting..a diffuser will improve the image.
I am sure the other more experienced photographers would be able to offer you more constructive comments...keep-it up!

Thanks for the comments. Noted on the lighting. I'm using diffuser cap on it may the flash I set too hot :D

Vickon said:
Hi Senior of Macro Photography,

I just step in this close up world. Hope can get guidance from seniors here to improve my work on Macro photography. My current set up are set of extension tube + reversed 50mm f/1.8 lens.

Here I share some of my humble works. Comments and Critiques are welcome:

Thank you for viewing

Nice try, seldom people use revise lens nowadays. Also can get close-up filter +3 or +4.

Nice try, seldom people use revise lens nowadays. Also can get close-up filter +3 or +4.

Thanks for the advise. Using reversed lens are really hard too see, because is really dark at the view finder, But still can use live view to capture. :D

Nice shots! Welcome to the world macro. Similar setup here... Only I have not shoot with the resverse 50mm.... get yourself a diffuser.... It help!!! :bsmile:

Nice shots! Welcome to the world macro. Similar setup here... Only I have not shoot with the resverse 50mm.... get yourself a diffuser.... It help!!! :bsmile:

Thank you.

I'm using diffuser cap and the dual flash holder. Currently testing 1 flash. :D will keep try on lighting.

Thank you.

I'm using diffuser cap and the dual flash holder. Currently testing 1 flash. :D will keep try on lighting.
The diffuser cap is not gonna do the trick, try DIY Victor' s diffuser and u should be able to eliminate the hash shodow issue.:)

Generally, your shots are sharp and well expose. Just need a little work to diffuse the flash. Nice series! :)

Hehe... and if you are not sure what are the ingredients to make the diffuser, can check out my post on that thread. :D

Yup. I have check the thread. Hahaha :D