My first roll done with Leica M3, and there're some queries

or the plustek? hmmm..... googled this particular primefilm model but looks like it's not getting alot of attention in singapore, will do more homework later.

thanks for giving me another headache :bsmilie:

To let you have more headache, you may want to look at Primefilm XE instead. For US$100 more than the 7200, it offers much better spec. Great users review too (I know it is subjective.)

As for V700, while it is generally regarded as a very good MF scanner, many users complain that its focus could be just off and hence image appears soft. There are solutions (eg. Variable Height Holder from betterscanning.com) but more effort and another US$100 required. The Primefilm scanners are supposedly cheap and good. If my Minolta scanner KO I will get one and try.

Last edited:
Waaaa. Thanks ah. Haha. I saw the XE model on their website. And saw the pricing from bhphoto. It's actually quite affordable. But was thinking if I could get it locally, any distributor?

Is it worth the hassle of paying for the shipping and one still need to pay for tax when it arrived at Singapore right?

Waaaa. Thanks ah. Haha. I saw the XE model on their website. And saw the pricing from bhphoto. It's actually quite affordable. But was thinking if I could get it locally, any distributor?

Is it worth the hassle of paying for the shipping and one still need to pay for tax when it arrived at Singapore right?

No sure if there is a local distributor (doubt so). Even inclusive of shipping and tax, it should still be below S$500. I reckon it is worth it. (Even better if it comes with Siverfast. If not, another S$50 for VueScan) Life is short. Just do it :D

No sure if there is a local distributor (doubt so). Even inclusive of shipping and tax, it should still be below S$500. I reckon it is worth it. (Even better if it comes with Siverfast. If not, another S$50 for VueScan) Life is short. Just do it :D

Steady la! I like your last sentence, 'Life is short, just do it' :thumbsup:

P.s. Just hope it's really worth it.

$Bhphoto_1.jpg

All I have to do now is W A I T

:)

SWEE lah :thumbsup:

Looking forward to your first scan.