My First Kubah National Park Trip In Sarawak

Nice capture, light look good when your flash fell off the ground:) Hope you are OK...your butt

Tks James, these r all taken before the fell. Butt is recovering but the 5cm dia bruise on my chest is still sore..... My cam body may need plaster and respray .... :bsmilie:

Hi SY, it's great to see you post your shots here. Always enjoy your artistic lighting effect. Very nice catch. Any muchroom shots? Must be nice if have.

Just a comment on the Trilobite beetle (Dulicota sp?). It is in the adult form already. It is very rare insect so good job finding it. Was it near to a stream? Like the lighting too.

Thks mphil for the comments and details on this beetle. Quite an interesting creature when we first saw it. Its not near any streams but most of them were found on fallen tree trunks.

Hi SY, it's great to see you post your shots here. Always enjoy your artistic lighting effect. Very nice catch. Any muchroom shots? Must be nice if have.

Tks Victor for dropping by and your comments .... I did captured some mushrooms shots but seem commonly seen ones. Will post them here once ready .... :)

09 : Orange Wasp with an uninvited guest
6188867475_95ea929458_b.jpg

10 : Another pose of the Orange Wasp
6188867327_4bf7dd521d_b.jpg

11 : Fungus Weevil or Weevil with fungus .... hehe
6189386666_bac2baf63f_b.jpg

12 : Rare sight of this Giant Squirrel - look about a meter tall to me....
6189385986_5607200a5b_b.jpg

09 : Orange Wasp with an uninvited guest
6188867475_95ea929458_b.jpg

Nice compo, good shot

11 : Fungus Weevil or Weevil with fungus .... hehe
6189386666_bac2baf63f_b.jpg

Hmmm... what about Fungus on Weevil ( different from yours ) :bsmilie:
Nice shot anyway

Last edited:
Wow!!!!! no.9 is tok gong. Excellent color and composition.

Finally u post! haha.. #9 is my fav shot, excellent colours and compo!
We last found the trilobite beetle at the frog pond entrance. Maybe could be found in many spots of Kubah. hehe

We heard that Bako is tough to navigate and a better spot for other creatures like amphibians (heard from some Spanish biologists that we met).

Tks Lance, I didnt expect that fly to b in the frame as well. We were all concentrating on the orange wasp....
That weevil seems much longer than those I have seen locally...

chvictor said:
Wow!!!!! no.9 is tok gong. Excellent color and composition.

Tks victor, that fly is a bonus as I didn't expect it to appear in the frame... We were all shooting the wasp... :)

wow.. this is excellent. Looks like you guys are boldly going to places no man has gone before. Very nice, wish I could join in the expedition.....

Tks James, these r all taken before the fell. Butt is recovering but the 5cm dia bruise on my chest is still sore..... My cam body may need plaster and respray .... :bsmilie:

Ouch! :) Nice add on! All your compo are top notch!

loboclerk said:
Finally u post! haha.. #9 is my fav shot, excellent colours and compo!
We last found the trilobite beetle at the frog pond entrance. Maybe could be found in many spots of Kubah. hehe

We heard that Bako is tough to navigate and a better spot for other creatures like amphibians (heard from some Spanish biologists that we met).

After John's posting, guess everyone r waiting to see all our pictures. U mean there r few of these trilobite beetles when your group r there?? Frankly, we saw these quite often & all of us can have 1 each to ourselves to shoot. Don't hv to go all the way to frog pond.

John is gathering more details on bako but heard it's also another tough place .... Hehe

After John's posting, guess everyone r waiting to see all our pictures.

Since u know already, dun let us wait so long la :p

U mean there r few of these trilobite beetles when your group r there?? Frankly, we saw these quite often & all of us can have 1 each to ourselves to shoot. Don't hv to go all the way to frog pond.

Heh.. only found one la, we just happened to pass by frog pond and Melvyn saw it there.

John is gathering more details on bako but heard it's also another tough place .... Hehe

Yeah, need to take a boat which we heard doesn't keep the passengers dry. lol

Think there should be trails there that are not as siong. Worth trying. :) Our groupie have not decided on the location of our shoot next year though!