My EOS 450 fail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam, sorry to hear about your misfortune. My 450D worked rather well... until it dropped into the sea. :cry: Anyway, after CSC removed some sand in the camera, it's working well again. Hopefully, it can serve me well for the next few years. :bsmilie:

Drop into sea ???

that's serious...the sensor can survive the salt water meh ?:dunno:

Sam, sorry to hear about your misfortune. My 450D worked rather well... until it dropped into the sea. :cry: Anyway, after CSC removed some sand in the camera, it's working well again. Hopefully, it can serve me well for the next few years. :bsmilie:

Whoooaaa!!! :bigeyes: dropped in the sea. good thing you recovered it in the first place. i supposed not that deep huh. :bsmilie:

I had own cameras from Nikon FE, FE2 ,Canon Ixus 400,Nikon P5000 ... So far these never fail me at all.But this new 450D I had bought since late Sept this year and now less than 3 months ???I had loss confidence liao:thumbsd:

hmmm, you may have gotten a lemon lah. but not to worry, it's still under warranty, so make sure they do a good and proper check on the cam.

also, please don't compare DSLRs to your previous cams like the FE, FE2, they're mechanical cameras, and such cams don't really spoil. as for your Ixus and nikon, they're pns cams, so yah, less 'moving' parts as compared to your 450D, which would translate to a lesser chance of spoiling.

Me 300D has 2 problemes

1. Shutter button cannot be pressed halfway to focus
2. Main control dial sometimes does not work properly, skips 1-2 clicks now and again

And pretty light usage for a 4+ year old camera - under 10K shots

My 40D (a year old) has not missed a beat.

hmmm, you may have gotten a lemon lah. but not to worry, it's still under warranty, so make sure they do a good and proper check on the cam.

also, please don't compare DSLRs to your previous cams like the FE, FE2, they're mechanical cameras, and such cams don't really spoil. as for your Ixus and nikon, they're pns cams, so yah, less 'moving' parts as compared to your 450D, which would translate to a lesser chance of spoiling.
Ya the question is that this 450D only 3 months old??:angry:Anyway had sent to CSC this morning and they claimed that it take 3 to 5 working days to fix it.Will up date you all once collect back

my 450d had been with CSC for 2 weeks and still not ready for collection. . . :thumbsd:

Me 300D has 2 problemes

1. Shutter button cannot be pressed halfway to focus
2. Main control dial sometimes does not work properly, skips 1-2 clicks now and again

And pretty light usage for a 4+ year old camera - under 10K shots

My 40D (a year old) has not missed a beat.
after 4 years, not bad :)

really wondering if newer cameras, Made in Japan but Parts from Elsewhere.

off topic but for those who are still using Canon 300D, has anyone developed any serious hardware issues? I myself am a user and its durability make me believe this one is Made in Japan + Parts from Japan.

I do think we tend to overreact to the whole "made in where?" issue. I'll say that things fail, regardless of where they are made, and if you suay suay get a lemon, then you just suck it up, make the best of circumstances, and if it's under warranty, then get Canon to take appropriate action.

Gone are the days where MIJ = guaranteed better quality and lower failure rate. Nowadays, QC standards everywhere are high, so country of manufacture really doesn't matter so much anymore.

Seriously, the Nikon D200 and D300 are made in Thailand. Never stopped those cameras from being some of the most rugged workhorses on the Nikon side.

where it is made is not important to me. . . the world factory is china now. . . it can made in japan, german, usa, uk, but all components, parts, pcb assy, etc. are all done in china. . . the important things to me is that when i want to shoot it works . . . but my experience is that my 450d fail during an event. . . even it made in japan it can do nothing. . . till date csc till could not solve the problem of my 450d with err99. . . so. . . :confused:

where it is made is not important to me. . . the world factory is china now. . . it can made in japan, german, usa, uk, but all components, parts, pcb assy, etc. are all done in china. . . the important things to me is that when i want to shoot it works . . . but my experience is that my 450d fail during an event. . . even it made in japan it can do nothing. . . till date csc till could not solve the problem of my 450d with err99. . . so. . . :confused:
How long your 450D with CSC ?Mine I sent it on this Tuesday and they claimed its take 3 to 5 working days to fix:(

had been there since 22 nov. . . jus check this morning still not ready. . . they should give me a replacement. . . they r busy with easy job. . . :thumbsd:

had been there since 22 nov. . . jus check this morning still not ready. . . they should give me a replacement. . . they r busy with easy job. . . :thumbsd:
Canon had call me up this afternoon, they said they had tested my 450D for two days since I sent in and find nothing wrong ????I told them even the counter staff had witdness the failure during I sent in.So I had to rush down to Canon and give them a clearer
explaination and request them to test few more days...:think:

I collected my 450D today. Canon had change the main circuit board and they claim that
they base on my description and decided to replace this board.Hope this will kill the defect
of my 450D;)

This morning I had bring my 450 to Lim Choo Kang Jetty for photo shooting with family.
But after 10 shoots,the LCD srceen had black out.The information in view finder
is available but the shutter cannot release at all??
This had come to me the 2 nd time, the first time happened at the Marina barrage and the 450 recovered after 15 min later.
But this time the 450 fail, any one experience this before ?:cry:

i think there's nothing wrong with your 450D. I experience this sometimes, when the lcd goes empty you just press "disp" button and your lcd will turn on. :thumbsup:

i think there's nothing wrong with your 450D. I experience this sometimes, when the lcd goes empty you just press "disp" button and your lcd will turn on. :thumbsup:

What you experience is auto off and you waking it up.

TS does have a problem with his 450D as he can't take any more shots.

What you experience is auto off and you waking it up.

TS does have a problem with his 450D as he can't take any more shots.
I had confirmed the problem was fixed after changing the main circuit board, before that my 450D fail as follows

1) Take picture against morning sun the 450D fail immediately hence cannot take the next
photo.This was happened twice in the same situation

2) When its fail, only the view finder shown information and the camera can still do focusing
but the shutter is jam and the LCD turn black

3) Before its fail, the LCD was filled with tiny square patten and die off.

4) I try to turn off the camera and turn On, but the LCD shown black and the shutter jam

5) The CSC was based on my explaination and they decided to replace the main circuit board
I had try a few shot against the sun light this morning and the problem doesn't
exist any more :)

Hope this is the main reason for the faulty circuit board :lovegrin:

That button DISP is for you to on and off your LCD.Normally I off the LCD when taking photo inorder to save power:gbounce:

Hey just to share my experience.

I was going to use my 450D first time to cover a birthday. After about 30 shots, it died, as in the LCD goes black and can't switch on at all after that.

Canon support is still okay, as I need it for another event, they repaired for me within 2 days on request. The problem is my circuit board is dirty and they changed the whole one for me. No problem at all till now. :)

Hey just to share my experience.

I was going to use my 450D first time to cover a birthday. After about 30 shots, it died, as in the LCD goes black and can't switch on at all after that.

Canon support is still okay, as I need it for another event, they repaired for me within 2 days on request. The problem is my circuit board is dirty and they changed the whole one for me. No problem at all till now. :)
Great to hear this,hope CSC fixed our problem:D

Status
Not open for further replies.