Must do in San Diego ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
raptor84 said:
You can apply for export permit from AVA then put him in a pet carrier. That way much cheaper.

Should just get AVA to put it to sleep. :devil:

Any more suggestions ?

furball said:
Wah, thanks for the pointers.

Is it really that unsafe in SD ? Me gal, travelling alone :embrass:
Certain places in US seems to be quite dangerous for asian gals. Generally, stay away from the blacks area and don't stay out after dark. When I when for a tour 2 years back in US, the guide told us not to walk the other direction from the hotel in San Francisco because it was the blacks area (the opposite side is the civic district)..

He mentioned to us that he ever took a group and there was a couple who didn't heed his instruction, went the other way and the girl got gang-raped and the guy was held at gun point. The guy couldn't do anything but just watch his wife/gf(?) got brutally gang-raped in front of him.

Then a few of us in the same group went Chinatown during our free time and when we took a cab back to the hotel, the driver was asking us why we our hotel was in that area. He said the area was to be avoided.

Visit Hotel Queen Mary - the passenger liner Queen Mary converted into a hotel and berth at the port. Hope, it's still there. Too bad, the Spruce Goose which housed the largest plane built by the American millionaire Howard Huge is no longer in San Diego otherwise it's another must see site.

redstorm said:
Visit Hotel Queen Mary - the passenger liner Queen Mary converted into a hotel and berth at the port. Hope, it's still there. Too bad, the Spruce Goose which housed the largest plane built by the American millionaire Howard Huge is no longer in San Diego otherwise it's another must see site.

I think you are refering to another ship the Queen Mary is in Long Beach, which is alot further north towards LA.

raptor84 said:
You can apply for export permit from AVA then put him in a pet carrier. That way much cheaper.
He belongs to the San Diego Zoo as a mutated species.

furball said:
Me heading there on conference trip in couple of weeks. But might not much time to venture around to the neighbouring states becos schedule is very tight. So have to stay in San Diego.
girl_mad.gif
And I havent done my research of that place ...
kez_06.gif

Anyone been there ? What are the must do/must take photo places there ? Would be staying at Holiday Inn.

Help greatly appreciated.
curtsey.gif

take the opportunity to visit also tijuana, mexico; where mujeres are hot and cervezas are cold. you'll also love tacos and buritos along the streets of tijuana. ooops.. they have jalapenos which is deliciously hot than local chili padi. arriba senor furball.
and hey, send my regards to zorro:) .

seaworld /

TMC said:
She can get it cheap in SG too, just have to look for the right person :bsmilie:

Shh. Dont let out my secret ... :bsmilie:

hondasleeper said:
I think you are refering to another ship the Queen Mary is in Long Beach, which is alot further north towards LA.

Oops.... maybe you are right. My last visit was more than 20 years ago. My memory failing me. :bsmilie:

Any place worth taking night scenery ?
And enough time to get back to hotel, safely ?
Read from traveller books, some buses stop at 6pm :what:
From what u guys discribe, like very unsafe :embrass:

Furball, I have a feeling you don't drive. If you don't have a car, you not going to get anywhere. Bus is a joke in most cities in the US, San Diego included. You won't be able to get anywhere. If you do not drive, we have a problem.

There are a couple of Holiday Inns in San Diego. I think you should be at the one on N. Harbour Drive, it's the biggest and best known. Walk around the hotel, it's a safe neighborhood, but you are pretty much trapped if you don't drive. One idea is to join a tour, but then, it's like hearding little ducks. I never like tours.

Best bet, if you don't drive, find collegues or other people at the conference to drive you around. My experience with conferences in the US, all the out of towners will do some sightseeing, hook up with them and join them.

San Diego is safe, but Singaporean had been spoiled by Singapore apparent lack of crime. There are crimes everywhere, jsut be alert and you will be ok.

hmm. I drive, but if given a choice, prefer not to drive there. Not familiar with the road system. Probably try to find someone to tag along ... Maybe got cute guys ...
girl_sigh.gif

The holiday inn I going it near the zoo. havent really read the maps.

They are all pretty close buy. I think the zoo is about 15 minutes from downtown. Bear in mind, 15 minutes in US means 15 minutes of driving. Get a car, drivers in Southern Cal is pretty mellow, should not be hard to get use to. Either way, enjoy. Any more questions, just ask. Been there too many times.

Hmm. I dun have international driving license. Can still rent a car there ? :dunno:

Not sure. But I can rent a car here in Sin with my US license. Best thing to check with travel agent, they should know.

Status
Not open for further replies.