Mp3 Player? Apple Ipod, Creative Zen, Sandisk Sansa, iRiver, Or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the SD card memory integration is poor, many people have decided not to get the Zen because of this.

Quite true as you cant copy to and from the mem card and also if you naviagate away form the card when some music is playing on it the playback stops. Still i would only put vids on the card :D

i've got a brand new ipod for sale 80gb but jsut opened it to check and charge its battery. letting go at abt 380. really nv use b4 let me knw if you're interested. its a prize won

dun get the iriver. it is too high quality and professional that not many people will appreciate it. like giving a hasselblad to someone who just started photography.:bsmilie:

hee hee, abit exagerrated. i have a H300 iriver, it is quite an old model(plays pictures and movies only after firmware upgrade). basically, like it because can drag drop, can speed up slow down, can adjust the sound settings(not the normal treble and bass), excellent sound reproduction(comparable to minolta in the photographic world for their colour reproduction), and expensive. but i'm not too sure about iriver models now though.

so......... get an ipod. to him, if you dun tell him that there are other better players around, he wun feel the difference.

sigh i lost my ipod video 30GB. :'(

now can someone tell me, i heard of people talking about refurbished ipod nanos. any idea what is that?

Chekc the apple store in SG that ahve a refurbished section. But last time i chekced all the second gen refubished nanos have sold out they were going for $158 for 4gb and $238 for 8GB... gst included with 1 year warranty. Still have a few 5.5 , and 5D classics though as well as first gen nanos

The iRiver is a drag and drop MP3 player as I've the iRiver H120 and H340 which I've owned for about 2/3 years.

However, it's not as popular as the iPOD.

Copying files from the PC to the MP3 players is passé.
Everyone can do it.

Choose one that allows you to copy files from the MP3 player to the PC.
This is the rare quality.
I think China made MP3 players allow this. Good for them!

Sony is too obsessive about "copy protection".

For many years, users of Sony Minidisc Recorders have berated the Sony company for refusing to allow their MD recorders to copy files from the MD to the PC.

There are numerous forums on this defective design. The curses are quite terrible to read.

Finally when Sony made one such item, the company suddenly seemed to have decided to stop ALL MD manufacture.
Try asking for MD recorders in Sony showrooms. NIL. NONE. ZILCH.

thanks all for the numerous answers and suggestions!
well appreciated.
1. about Sony(s) IIRC, they had removed the SonicStage software and uses the default drag and drop interface now..
2. i like the audio quality of iRiveR(s) but.. any idea about support in sg ? who is the local agent here ?
3. interesting note about the Creative Zen, it would be really useful if it had this copy to and fro function from the SD card..
4. ipod is a good item to get if one is looking for design but i am lookin more on audio quality.. hmm.

not much support for Samsung(s) and zero from Sandisk? wow.

thanks all for the numerous answers and suggestions!
well appreciated.
1. about Sony(s) IIRC, they had removed the SonicStage software and uses the default drag and drop interface now..
2. i like the audio quality of iRiveR(s) but.. any idea about support in sg ? who is the local agent here ?
3. interesting note about the Creative Zen, it would be really useful if it had this copy to and fro function from the SD card..
4. ipod is a good item to get if one is looking for design but i am lookin more on audio quality.. hmm.

not much support for Samsung(s) and zero from Sandisk? wow.

If I am not wrong there is no sales or technical support for iRiver in Singapore (closest is either Taiwan or HK) but I must admit that I used to have a iRiver and compared to my current iPod Nano 4GB......the sound is a world of a differance. When my current iPod dies, I will head back to iRiver.

Going for looks = iPod use to be good until they came out the latest one which looks neither here or there. Check out the website for iRiver as their design is quite cool.

This is their top of the range model
http://www.iriver.com/product/p_detail.asp?pidx=82

For Audio Quality = Nothing beats iRiver!

However not all models from iRiver is sold in Singapore. You can find iRiver models in SLS but you have to becareful on where you buy those as some of the shops like Song Brothers will chop chop you...........

sigh i lost my ipod video 30GB. :'(

now can someone tell me, i heard of people talking about refurbished ipod nanos. any idea what is that?

They are essentially products that customers return due to some fault. Apple then fixes them and sells them as refurbished, with a 1 year warranty. Almost all look brand new.

I bought 2 refurbished before. All brand new looking. Great value for money, in my opinion.

They are essentially products that customers return due to some fault. Apple then fixes them and sells them as refurbished, with a 1 year warranty. Almost all look brand new.

I bought 2 refurbished before. All brand new looking. Great value for money, in my opinion.

You are lucky to get a good one......

I have a friend had to change 4 times (Nano first gen).

You neber post in CS mar.................:bsmilie:
Haiz.. Yeah lor... ;p Anyway, the Sony doesn't sound too bad also, but I'd like to pit it against the iRiver... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.