MP3 encoding

Status
Not open for further replies.
detrop said:
on the surface, u can see the quality of the sound from its frequency response. though human can only hear frm 20-20000khz (if im not wrong), many good headsets gives a wider frequency response fr example, 16-22000 to give a slightly more punch to the overall sound quality. however, maybe some mp3 players might not have enough power to supply to some higher end models (i wonder if my phrasing is correct) thus it will sound very soft even if u max out the volume. I've tried my old sony MDwalkman and plug it with a higher end Sennheiser headphone in Hung bros. the sound was very soft, so i opt fr a lower end one, juz enough fr my needs.

Many manufacturers exaggerate their specs. For accurate reproduction, frequency response should be rated within + - 3dB range.

Those that publish 16-22000Hz will always conveniently omit the amplitude range. (i.e it may be already -20dB down at 16Hz which is essentially useless.)
Try finding something that can give 20-20000hz(-3dB) for under $500....last I checked a few years back, nearly impossible.

Drivers are rated by their sensitivity which is the Sound Pressure Levels in dB they can output with a 1watt input. The more sensitive a driver the louder it can play while drawing the same current.

Typically a driver with wider frequency response will require a greater current draw and hence will have a lower sensitivity.

dEthANGeL said:
The ear canal type? Hmm ... :bsmilie: dare not buy ... somehow feel abit unhygenic :p ..
Quite ok lah. the rubber piece is interchangeable & easy to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.