Morning Show on Class95 sucks... (Excluding FD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
before they switched, my bunkmate would listen to 98.7 EVERY DAY... i never liked the DJing, and the stuff they play on air is ........ nothing can be worse than starting your day with eminem rap at 5am in the morning..

just to add, the stuff they play daily seemed to repeat again and again... as if the day was repeating itself..

Originally posted by djork
before they switched, my bunkmate would listen to 98.7 EVERY DAY... i never liked the DJing, and the stuff they play on air is ........ nothing can be worse than starting your day with eminem rap at 5am in the morning..

just to add, the stuff they play daily seemed to repeat again and again... as if the day was repeating itself..

hahaha!! that's an interesting way to put it :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Retro
I too am having some trouble accepting this new combo with all the "hey brother" going on with the morning show.

I agree to some extent that the chemistry is not as good as before with the Power of 3. However, I believe it is part of the management's plan to capture the yuppie audience in the population. This is to cater to a particular age group or genre. Otherwise, if they are not careful, it will become a duplicate of 90.5FM.

Summary:
Targeting different market segment.

I love Glenn Ong and his 'brother' on Class 95

I personally find them very comical

Really light up my day...always

Keep it up guys! :thumbsup:

wohoho any1 heard what the lady AJ said juz now in today's topic 'whats a woman's ultimate fantasy'?? :eek:

haha trust the brudders to come out with this kind of topics.
class 95 now definately has more spice. yeah baby yeah:D

Originally posted by RuthBaby
it doesnt matter... im still praying hard to pay for my VISA bills!!!

LOL

know what you mean, LIFE GOES ON..:)

So who really cares about the nitwits, this or that..?Who Really Cares?

hahahahah!!!

PageUp said:
18 months later, Class95 morning express finally calls it quits.

abt time! i stopped listening to them altogether the moment the station's powers-that-are broke up FD with Joe Augustine. IMO, the morning express just went downhill from then onwards.

never listen to class 95 after Joe left. :( they are still the best duo. i miss the 2nd character FD impersonate. that's the most funny part of the whole show. :bsmilie: forgot what's the name. :think:

tangoninazero said:
:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:
still prefer the dynamic duo of Joe and FD many years back
If given a choice, I preferred Joe and Melissa. But this combo was a long time back... before Joe and FD .. Sigh..

The "banter banter" really piss me off. Do they haveto "slang" to that extreme?

I never listened to radio early in the morning.

I really bow to those with FM transmitters tuning into English stations IN THE MORNING.

I like FD & Joe best. :thumbsup:

They accompany me thru my army days with their sense of humour. I can't still rem looking forward to their show while i worked and laugh at the practical jokes they made at listeners etc... :)

I find all the radio here just truly awful - Susannah Walker is the worst but I can't really take listening to any of them. The BBC World Service is a saviour - not only is there good news and sport but also quality debate, comedy and live music. When I was driving home yesterday they were replaying a recorded Franz Ferdinand concert from earlier in the year. Another time it was R.E.M.

I suggest everyone retunes to the BBC and discovers it for themselves.

i like chris tarrant and capital radio!! :thumbsup:

Phildate said:
I suggest everyone retunes to the BBC and discovers it for themselves.
When my niece was growing up in her infant years (birth -> 1 year old), my sister tuned in to BBC radio all day. Now my niece (10 years old) talked like an english lady (good, if not prefect English)! Wish my mum had done that to me when I was growing up! Sigh.

I know I run the risk of sounding 'snobbish' (which those of you who know me will know is not the case at all) but the BBC World Service is fantastic. It's not just news (although the news is frequent, detailed and informative).

For example, this afternoon there was a programme called State of The Union, where a reporter is travelling to different states in the US and talking to local people about the views of people in the state. This week was Minneapolis, where, I was fascinated to find out, there is the greatest population of Hmong people resident outside of Asia. They were allowed to enter US from Laos after being sympathetic to the American cause during Vietnam war.

Anyway, try it. I can't promise an accent like mine ;) but you might learn something interesting or hear some decent music for a change.

BBC is fine for news but not music. I still prefer Joe and FD anytime. They are a perfect match.

I used to listen to BBC a lot in my younger days especially the radio plays (Hitch Hiker's GUide to The Galaxy, anyone caught the original transmission? :) ) and comedy. Just a Minute was hilarious and educational to wit.

For local station, I missed the old DJs. Mr. X on jazz fusion and the cute voice of Jenny Tay (anyone know what she's up to?) with her opening tune of Free Time by Spyro Gyra.

tangoninazero said:
:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:
still prefer the dynamic duo of Joe and FD many years back
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: joe and FD.. impeccable pair =)

read in the news today that the trio is splitting?

seriously i think FD,glen,rod combo quite ok.... althought its class95.... suppose to be classy... but morning... everyone going to work... sibei sian one... lol... someone on e radio to brighten up the day with their crude comments... maybe thats just me... as long as its funny... dun care wat channel

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.