www.ckphoto.net
The Lindy Hop Ensemble

F1030006.jpg

F1030011.jpg

F1030012.jpg

F1030013.jpg

F1030015.jpg

Hi CK,

Personally, I think Daniel's shots are better. One reason: background. Sometimes, nearer is not always better. Because you were up close and using a wide angle lens, there's lots of messy background in your shots. Whereas with Daniel's shots he has little except the relevant event information, which is also well decorated/lit and adds to the flavour of his pictures. Concentrate on everything in the shot next time!

Otherwise, some nice shots as well, background aside!

Originally posted by Jed
Hi CK,

Personally, I think Daniel's shots are better. One reason: background. Sometimes, nearer is not always better. Because you were up close and using a wide angle lens, there's lots of messy background in your shots. Whereas with Daniel's shots he has little except the relevant event information, which is also well decorated/lit and adds to the flavour of his pictures. Concentrate on everything in the shot next time!

Otherwise, some nice shots as well, background aside!

Thanks for your comments. I thought so too, wasn't very experienced with stage shooting yet. Probably needs lots, lots more practice. :p

Unfortunately by the time we arrived, we couldn't get get a good spot from the audience side anymore so I had to go up close with a 50mm. :(

Regards
CK

That's another very good piece of photographic advice. Get there early. Granted the factors are different, but I get to games 1 1/2 hours early, mark my place at pitch side early, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.