Monopod in NDP

Status
Not open for further replies.
rusty said:
me goin to ndp preview too... guess i'll just bring my dslr and a standard zoom lens down... hope there wouldn't be any "trouble"..

have u ever thought of the contingency plan what if u are blocked from entering the stadium with ur gears? ;p

sumball said:
have u ever thought of the contingency plan what if u are blocked from entering the stadium with ur gears? ;p
yes. go home. :D

Hi, do you know if the briefing is compulsory? Cuz nobody has told me abt it.. I'm supposed to go in with a pass.. :confused:

scud said:
but need to attend a briefing at 3pm on sat, 31 July 04.
i guess that you will be burning most of your time there, from 3~9pm. me not sure on this thou.

charvy said:
Hi, do you know if the briefing is compulsory? Cuz nobody has told me abt it.. I'm supposed to go in with a pass.. :confused:
it is my fren's group briefing lar.....
anyway, enjoy the preview ..... :cheers:

oh.. hehhe.. tot it was some official briefing or sorta.. :embrass:

You too! Enjoy the preview! :thumbsup: :)

scud said:
it is my fren's group briefing lar.....
anyway, enjoy the preview ..... :cheers:

charvy said:

if you're representing media to be there for shoot, then i think mindef will send out a preview advisory to you, indicating what you should and should not do, and your attire...

the briefing (table tennis rm 3) is compulsory for media/press cameraman and photographer.

was at the preview today and there was this guy shooting away with a full tripod setup within the audience area ... however ... he was in the grandstand area .. not sure if that make any difference ...

HOCL said:
was at the preview today and there was this guy shooting away with a full tripod setup within the audience area ... however ... he was in the grandstand area .. not sure if that make any difference ...

There was definitely more than one guy with full tripod setup during the preview yesterday. I saw long lenses (estimate about 300-400mm) and people with proper ballhead setups.

I brought along a 28-200mm. In the end, it was neither here nor there. 28 (equivalent of 42) is not wide enough for the whole field. 200 is nowhere near sufficient for anything - can't even recognise Kit Chan in my photos when she was singing opposite the field.

I brought 18-70 + 70-210. The kit-lens at widest is sufficient to cover the entire field but not the entire stadium ... and yes, 210 is not long enough

Status
Not open for further replies.