Model Release Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
DR THE said:
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, I __________________________________________________
[name of model] on my own behalf and on behalf of ___________________________________________[name of company, if model is an employee acting within
scope of employment]
(the “Model”) hereby irrevocably acknowledge and agree in favor of the photographer or artist named below (the “Photographer”), and the
Photographer’s heirs, executors, legal representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, those for whom the Photographer may be acting, and those who may be
acting with the Photographer’s authority and permission (collectively, the “Authorized Parties”) as follows:

The Model hereby irrevocably releases the Photographer and each of the Authorized Parties, and any and all other parties acting under right, title, assignment, grant
or license from the Photographer or the Authorized Parties, from any liability, costs or expenses arising by virtue of: (i) any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion or
use in composite form
, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the creation of the Images or in any subsequent use, processing or publication
thereof; and (ii) any claim or cause of action, now known or later developed, resulting from or in connection with any use of the Images contemplated by this Release,
including without limitation, any claims for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, or breach of publicity or other property rights.

so DR THE is that the new full version with the indeminty included inside??:think:

DR THE said:
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, I __________________________________________________
[name of model] on my own behalf and on behalf of ___________________________________________[name of company, if model is an employee acting within
scope of employment]
(the “Model”) hereby irrevocably acknowledge and agree in favor of the photographer or artist named below (the “Photographer”), and the
Photographer’s heirs, executors, legal representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, those for whom the Photographer may be acting, and those who may be
acting with the Photographer’s authority and permission (collectively, the “Authorized Parties”) as follows:

The Model hereby irrevocably releases the Photographer and each of the Authorized Parties, and any and all other parties acting under right, title, assignment, grant
or license from the Photographer or the Authorized Parties, from any liability, costs or expenses arising by virtue of: (i) any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion or
use in composite form
, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the creation of the Images or in any subsequent use, processing or publication
thereof; and (ii) any claim or cause of action, now known or later developed, resulting from or in connection with any use of the Images contemplated by this Release,
including without limitation, any claims for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, or breach of publicity or other property rights.
I think if I give someone that form to sign here in Singapore, no one will want to sign it. It looks too intimidating.

lsisaxon said:
I think if I give someone that form to sign here in Singapore, no one will want to sign it. It looks too intimidating.

then dont get them to sign it, its protecting your best intrests though so if they dont want to sign then i wouldnt do the shoot. Saftey First. 1. make sure your ass is safe:bsmilie: . 2. Go have fun shooting! ;p :)

wildstallion said:
then dont get them to sign it, its protecting your best intrests though so if they dont want to sign then i wouldnt do the shoot. Saftey First. 1. make sure your ass is safe:bsmilie: . 2. Go have fun shooting! ;p :)

:nono: not safe with an open ass for shooting.. :bsmilie:

wildstallion said:
I don't shoot professionally and I don't deal with models, so not a problem for me. :)

you know what I actually read somewhere
saying 2 girls, actually call for police , cause peoples just shoot at them in a party/festival :<, the person actually go to JAIL

Where did you read this on?

DR THE said:
saying 2 girls, actually call for police , cause peoples just shoot at them in a party/festival :<, the person actually go to JAIL

Pablo said:
Hi,

Hoping I have not skipped by something that already answers this question :embrass:

What covers you if you take photo's of someone that comes to you
but they kept from you that they model for someone ?

You asked them before you start, "are you with an agency" they say, "no".

After you have finished the shoot and produced the photo's, you find out they have an agent.

What covers you from this.

I hope this is not a stupid question.

:)
If indeed there is a breah of the exclusive clause that which the model is subjected to, such a caluse should not apply to you. In most modelling clauses, the limitation generally pertains to the companies that which may represent the client/model professionally and not as to who may take pictuers of them exclusively.

It would be great if you can have access to the contract that the model is binded by, but honestly, that would be the least of my worries. As to what you do with the photos ... that leads us to another discussionh.

DR THE said:
I am extremely doubtful that this information is correct, assuming that the photos taken were/are those of ..."acceptable, decent..blabla"

There is no restriction on photographers taking pictuers in public areas (generally) in the republic of Singapore.... if there should indeed be one, I'd be writing you from my prision cell... of cos, assuming there is internet access and computer in the cell.

I'm equally as doubtful - too much misinformation being dissemninated here :)

Bleuwhale said:
I am extremely doubtful that this information is correct, assuming that the photos taken were/are those of ..."acceptable, decent..blabla"

There is no restriction on photographers taking pictuers in public areas (generally) in the republic of Singapore.... if there should indeed be one, I'd be writing you from my prision cell... of cos, assuming there is internet access and computer in the cell.

I had been asked if I am ACTUALLY a professionally lawyer ... (whatever "actually" means..)

As mentioned in my previous posts, DO NOT accept / consider my posts as legal advice or recommendations. Although they had been posted to the best of my knowledge, I do not guarantee the accuracy of the info. As mentioned, CONSIDER ALL MY POSTS AS RUMBLINGS OF A MAD YOUNG CHAP.

As the information had been presented to the best of my knowledge, such permits me to be "actually" a legally qualified person, or in "actuality", only a "A" level student. Woese...I may only have just obtained my "O" level prelim results. Grins.. Once again... only the rumblings of a mad young chap.

Please note: If anyone should find errors in my postings, please make this known to me and I will search for the correct info - time permitting.

Cherers

Status
Not open for further replies.