Mobile music IEM query. (Source CD played from iriver iMP450)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No la. Not unhappiness la. Just that I needed more time to give comments on the UE mah. These 2 days have not touched them. Too busy. :confused:

Been using them over the last weekend ... a few days during the weekdays... plugged to my amp and left it playing over night to get them run-in...

Still love the bass extension .. soundstage/imagery.

But i'm still having the itch to go get the westone's cable and change it ..... :devil:

Most say by changing the cables alone would provide marked improvement.

Been using them over the last weekend ... a few days during the weekdays... plugged to my amp and left it playing over night to get them run-in...

But i'm still having the itch to go get the westone's cable and change it ..... :devil:

signature cables mah. would make a pretty decent noticable difference.

triple 5 is like 555. around that price. i'm currently using akg k271 which is a headphone and yuin pk3 which is a earbud =p. i won it through the forums though haha.

tested the triple.5 before, really puts my 271 to shame badly =\ try not to get poisoned around. i already poisoned quite a few ppls here :bsmilie:

signature cables mah. would make a pretty decent noticable difference.

triple 5 is like 555. around that price. i'm currently using akg k271 which is a headphone and yuin pk3 which is a earbud =p. i won it through the forums though haha.

tested the triple.5 before, really puts my 271 to shame badly =\ try not to get poisoned around. i already poisoned quite a few ppls here :bsmilie:

OK. Here are my thoughts on the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3 Studio. The below ratings are all my opinions and to my untrained (wrt IEMs) ears.

BASS: 5/5.
MID: 4/5.
HI: 3.5/5.
BUILT: 5/5. Any tougher wires, will render them stiff.
ISOLATION: 3.5/5.

I listened to 'Hotel California' by The Eagles. Woah! The bass-line beats really 'surrounded' my whole head! Sound separation is good, where I can feel where each instrument is. Not only from left or right, but like a little to the left of the middle position, if anyone can catch what I am trying to say? Is this known as sound-stage presence?

Glad u like them. The 1st gen cables are quite different than the current ones. Thin, flimsy and whippy. So the new ones are an improvement.

I think its known as instrument placement? Not sure how to refer it to. :bsmilie:

Glad u like them. The 1st gen cables are quite different than the current ones. Thin, flimsy and whippy. So the new ones are an improvement.

I think its known as instrument placement? Not sure how to refer it to. :bsmilie:

Being able to pinpoint the position of the instrument is called imaging. Soundstage refers to how deep in you can perceive the soundfield/stage to be, whether it's directly in front of you or you're in the middle of it. Most of the time headphones will put you right in the middle of it. Speakers will put you in the audience seat. It's got to do with the delay of the sound from the opposite channel, which for earphones/headphones, there is not supposed to be any unless the piece is specifically mastered for headphones.

Hmm .. but then again the cables are pretty stiff...

Sometimes a little too stiff for my liking.

I'm wondering how different the sound will be after changing to westone cables :think:

Being able to pinpoint the position of the instrument is called imaging. Soundstage refers to how deep in you can perceive the soundfield/stage to be, whether it's directly in front of you or you're in the middle of it. Most of the time headphones will put you right in the middle of it. Speakers will put you in the audience seat. It's got to do with the delay of the sound from the opposite channel, which for earphones/headphones, there is not supposed to be any unless the piece is specifically mastered for headphones.

The first thing i listened to the UE3 is that the positioning of the instruments and singer .. really made me :eek: ... after being stuck with the mainstream stuff from Sony and recently OVC.

Oh! Thanks for the explainantion, lsisaxon. :)

OVC is the same kind of ear phone as the crossraods mylar 3 or mylar 1 :) Its a good value for $ canal phone. I'm still sticking to my ck-7 though as i still prefer the sound of the 7's

OVC is the same kind of ear phone as the crossraods mylar 3 or mylar 1 :) Its a good value for $ canal phone. I'm still sticking to my ck-7 though as i still prefer the sound of the 7's

Was once satisfied with the CK7 ... but you know la... your good friend had to poison me to go higher.. hence :rolleyes: :bsmilie:

Bro, what is OVC? :confused:

As mentioned by raptor... having a pair of T25 and TC20 .. not really happy with them... The 20 broke down again (1 month period) - now its dead. Couldn't be bothered with it. The T25 now really sounds bad :rolleyes:

Hahah not my fault ok I also got poisoned now looking at er-4b or p... =p

4B? But why 4B? I don't think its for portable applications? 4S will be suitable with an amp and 4P is the most versatile of the lot. Can convert to 4S with a P-S cable. But that cable is expensive! :bsmilie:

Ahhh yes imaging! :devil:

very simple, no need to ask, go to the shop and try everyone out. Then take the one which sounds best to you. No point asking other people because you will hear differently from others ;)

Bro zhangyb, I would somewhat agree with your opinion. One needs to test the IEMs and, at the end of the day, decide for himself which IEM to get. But as I was totally un-initiated with IEMs, I decided to consult the resident gurus here for advice, hence this thread. As you can read, I eventually bought an IEM that was not recommended here in this thread prior to my eventual purchase.

The aim is to share one's thoughts/opinions based on one's experience. As also be read, there are a lot of members here that have had experience with multiple brands and models of IEMs. That what I wanted - thoughts/opinions. This served as merely a guide for me. :)

p/s: I would like to take this opportunity to thanks those Bros who have graciously replied to this thread. :)

Yes the b has a very very wide soundstage.. but the price is pretty expensive too. Actualy compared to photography its affordable haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.