MO: Hahnemuhle Fine Art Paper

heheapa

Mar 5, 2006
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Hi,

There are some asks about the fine art printing and place to get fine art papers (beyond the canon, epson papers that you usually find in IT malls, camera shop).
Hence, I am planning to organise a mass order for the Hahnemuhle Fine Art papers, which is one of the most well-known brand for fine art world.

"Only a few companies can proudly look back on such a long, uninterrupted tradition. Founded in 1584 we are the oldest German papermakers manufacturing papers for traditional and digital artists as well as industrial papers." - Hahnemuhle

There are numerous excellent reviews on their photorag, german/muzeum etching and FineArt Baryta papers. I have managed to negotiate a very good priced if I can get a good volume purchase compared to the US pricing + shipment. Here are the estimation cost that I got:

German Etching 310gsm
- A3, 25 shts/box - $115
- A3+, 25 shts/box - $145

Museum Etching 350gsm
- A3, 25 shts/box - $150
- A3+, 25 shts/box - $185

FineArt Baryta 325gsm

- A3, 25 shts/box - $145
- A3+, 25 shts/box - $185

PhotoRag Ultra Smooth 305gsm
- A3, 25 shts/box - $130
- A3+, 25 shts/box - 175

I am looking to secure minimum 10 A3/A3+ orders to start the MO.
Lead time: ~10 days after confirm the MO
Collection venue: (East) Pasir Ris / (Central) Marina Square area
Payment mode: COD. $10 deposit may be required if the order volume > 20.

Please drop me a PM or leave your name and contact on the reply thread if you are interested. Thanks.

I will gather 10 interests before placing the order:

German Etching 310gsm - A3, 25 shts/box - $115; A3+, 25 shts/box - $145

Museum Etching 350gsm - A3, 25 shts/box - $150; A3+, 25 shts/box - $185

FineArt Baryta 325gsm - A3, 25 shts/box - $145; A3+, 25 shts/box - $185

PhotoRag Ultra Smooth 305gsm - A3, 25 shts/box - $130; A3+, 25 shts/box - 175
1. JacePhoto
2. Sam

German Etching 310gsm - A3, 25 shts/box - $115; A3+, 25 shts/box - $145

Museum Etching 350gsm - A3, 25 shts/box - $150; A3+, 25 shts/box - $185

FineArt Baryta 325gsm - A3, 25 shts/box - $145; A3+, 25 shts/box - $185
1. ominblue

PhotoRag Ultra Smooth 305gsm - A3, 25 shts/box - $130; A3+, 25 shts/box - 175
1. JacePhoto
2. Sam

Since this is a non-profit MO, you're required to state your product source and quotations.

Hi Clown,

The paper is from the local Hahnemuhle distributor bits and bytes marketing. You may refer to the Hahnemühle FineArt - Asia
The quotation is the estimated figure as per agreement with the distributor personnel.

I know who the local distributor is.
I'm saying that since this is a non-profit MO, you're supposed to state the amount they quoted you so this is a transparent transaction.

No problem. I have attached the quotation that I got. Please refer to the July figure and that subject for 7% GST.

p1816876592-4.jpg

Hi Heheapa,

I am also thinking to buy a box of the remaining three. Question is how different are they from the Canon Fine Art 'Museum Etching' which i already have some?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hi Heheapa,

I am also thinking to buy a box of the remaining three. Question is how different are they from the Canon Fine Art 'Museum Etching' which i already have some?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hi JacePhoto,

According to http://www.hahnemuehle.com/prod/en/212/523/museum-etching-350-gsm.html:
The luxurious texture of a traditional etching board and the natural white point make Museum Etching the ideal medium for images with soft tints or fine grey nuances.
Also available in Canon's FineArt assortment.

The Canon Fine Art Museum Etching should be the same as Hahnemuhle Museum Etching since they have the same weight as well. I haven't printed on Canon Museum Etching before. Expert like James probably can help to comment if any.

I have yet tried PhotoRag and German Etching but they both have very good review from user around the world.

FineArt Baryta is the high glossy paper. If you like the Canon platinum Pro paper, then this should suit you.

I have added some description about the papers and hope that help you for decision (source: http://www.gamutprints.com/options.php)

Hahnemuhle German Etching (matte finish) - An extremely popular paper for both color and black and white prints, German Etching features a slightly textured surface and compared to Museum Etching has a slightly cooler (whiter) color temperature. German Etching is a 100% cotton based paper and contains no Optical Brightening Agents.

Hahnemuhle Museum Etching (matte finish) - Museum Etching has a slightly warmer white point than the German Etching and I particularly like it for black and white prints. 350 gsm Museum Etching is slightly heavier than the German Etching. Museum etching has a matte finish with a little bit of texture and is a great choice for images with soft tints or fine grey nuances. Museum Etching is a 100% alpha cellulose based paper and contains no Optical Brightening Agents.

Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Ultra Smooth (matte finish) - Also a 100% cotton fibre based paper, Photo Rag Ultra Smooth is a great all around matte finish paper. This paper has a very smooth finish with no texture, and contains a moderate amount of optical brightening agents.

Reactions: Clown and JacePhoto
SO which price should interested parties look at? The prices you quoted on the first post or the invoice you posted?

SO which price should interested parties look at? The prices you quoted on the first post or the invoice you posted?

I should put it in this way:
If you are agree with the estimated price in first post, then the final price should be no more than that and with some discounts if order qty is large.