Mish mash of Robberfly, Ant-Snatching Assassin, Derbid Bug, Fungus Weevil

loboclerk

Jul 28, 2002
Singapore
A short trip with Lance, Alfred and Rick while the rest were busy washing clothes (??!?!!) or cleaning house.

#1 Got a robberfly waiting for me once I got in, kept flying around and couldn't get it properly focused. =/
DSC_1964.jpg

#2 Spider makan spider, not sure what species??
DSC_1983.jpg

#3 Ant-snatching Assassin Bug. It kills and eats ants, and then sticks the carcasses on it's back for camouflage and protection. Quite disgusting to see the beheaded ants in a walking clump.
DSC_2033.jpg

#4 Top view after it moved. Look at the innocent ant faces staring at u....
DSC_2042.jpg

#5 Colourful derbid bug from behind, while the rest were shooting from the front. lol
DSC_2062.jpg

#6 Front view of the derbid bug
DSC_2086.jpg

#7 Side view!
DSC_2107.jpg

#8 Closeup. ****-eyed and very cute.
DSC_2109.jpg

#9 Fungus Weevil, was very high up. Pity couldn't take more shots as some ants came to disturb it and it flew away
DSC_2110.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Sweet...:thumbsup: We are the only 4 guys that don't need to wash laundry...;)

Very nice shots :thumbsup:

My favourite is the butt view of the Derbid Bug. It's like an eagle taking off.

Very very nice shots, what a pity can not go with you guys, must do cleaning house:cry:

Maybe later go with you guys, I am interested in the "S.H.I.T" shots :D

all nice shots... :thumbsup:

Wow! Very interesting! By the way, what's the white stuff on the back of the derbid bug? :bsmilie:

OMG~~ All so lovely taken :heart: :thumbsup:
Like the compo, lighting and details of the insects. #6 my fav!! ;)

So sad :cry: cant join you 4 "幸福" guys, dont need spring clean your house for coming CNY hor.

Love the assassin shots with the clean b/g.

Congrats your on 1st fungus weevil sighting. you must have hate the ant for the disturbing it on the tree trunk.

nice:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sweet...:thumbsup: We are the only 4 guys that don't need to wash laundry...

Thanks Rick! We wash laundry also la.. just not on weekend mornings!! It's reserved for field shoots. lol

Very nice shots :thumbsup:

My favourite is the butt view of the Derbid Bug. It's like an eagle taking off.

Thanks Victor! The rest were asking why I take backside shots lor.. lol

Very very nice shots, what a pity can not go with you guys, must do cleaning house:cry:

Maybe later go with you guys, I am interested in the "S.H.I.T" shots :D

Thanks Wenzhan! Not easy to find the shiiit, but found 2 or 3 times, roughly know which trees to look harder!

all nice shots... :thumbsup:

Thanks Nick!

Great set, esp like #6.

Thanks Kurt!

Very nice series. :D
Esp #1 & #4 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice bg colors and lightings. :thumbsup: Like the assassin best. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Thanks Glenn, why so busy with work these days??

Wow! Very interesting! By the way, what's the white stuff on the back of the derbid bug? :bsmilie:

Thanks Von. White stuff.. not sure. Was wondering if it was fungus or just part of the bug's camouflage attempt.

Very nice shot Nick.:thumbsup:

Thanks Alfred, thanks for creating the background for the robber!

OMG~~ All so lovely taken :thumbsup:
Like the compo, lighting and details of the insects. #6 my fav!!

So sad :cry: cant join you 4 "幸福" guys, dont need spring clean your house for coming CNY hor.

Thanks Jane! Still need to spring clean la... afternoon lor. And we still have at least one more weekend. lol

Love the assassin shots with the clean b/g.

Congrats your on 1st fungus weevil sighting. you must have hate the ant for the disturbing it on the tree trunk.

Thanks David! Actually this is not the first, first one was spotted by Victor in an earlier night shoot. But this is the first shot of it's face.

nice:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Justine, glad u like 'em

Very nice series. :D
Esp #1 & #4 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Ninestar!

Very nice bg colors and lightings. :thumbsup: Like the assassin best. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Victor! Haven't met u in quite a while, gotta do a night shoot together soon!

Thanks Victor! Haven't met u in quite a while, gotta do a night shoot together soon!

Try my best to meet you all this Sun if possible. After that, would be busy for the coming CNY.