Ministers' salary raise is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in the papers.... the police were asked to investigate and the person involved was given a warning.... and please we all know what happens to people who have deemed to overstepped the line.. invited for a nice coffee to make sure they are know what they saying is correct.

If this is what you have inferred from the newspaper report, so be it but I am not one to make any assumptions. I do not consider that healthy.

But fair enough, you are entitled to have your views and beliefs on this matter or the pay raise. It doesn't concern me honestly.

Anyhow, this is getting repetitive. I will be closing this thread should anyone choose to cross the line i have so clearly drawn on the sand.

Thank you.
WG

Wolfgang, I don't think engaging with those people who make such comments is of any use...
neither do I think your comments are constructive too
"If you honestly think things are so bad here, then why not leave? "
I think we are very well aware that the avenues of recourse are pretty much symbolic.
And I don't think the "if you want to discuss politics, go join a political party" reasoning is totally realistic for most people either.

i agree with you to a certain extent.

However, i beg to differ when it comes to 'If its so bad here, y not leave' comment. this is just my opinion.

As a citizen of such a country, it doesn't mean i have to abandon it when things are not going as pretty or should i adopt a care-less attitude.

For anybody else, we all know that of course, the grass will always be greener on another pasture. My personal take is that, IF there's any room to improve, collectively, gahment and the people alike should spare every bit of effort to help in the improvement. There are such examples already. HOWEVER, when it comes to addressing an issue that is a valid point made by the masses, i think it is important that the authorities should scrutinize "FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A BASIC WORKER" and try to redress the distress.
why is a basic worker unhappy about the pay rise for ministers? why they can't afford to have more than 2 kids? why is he/she complaining about being crowded out of space on an MRT? why is he/she feeling the heat about things that he/she is able to do but is taken away from an equally trained FT? why a basic worker have to pay 30 years of CPF to finally own a flat, while somebody else can easily afford it with pure hard cash?

what someone pointed out is definitely worth considering... whats the raise really for? to be "on par" with the top earners? Is that what public service really is about?

Well seems I am not being constructive.... and I shall shut my gap... and well as some have said... it is a dead horse, no point flogging it.... I shall not want to put my ass on the line for something that has been decided long ago.

what someone pointed out is definitely worth considering... whats the raise really for? to be "on par" with the top earners? Is that what public service really is about?

Pet topic again!

So what is public service really about?

You can write whatever you want, but it turns out the same way, I will tell you that if that were the case, everyone will just work for private companies and no one will want to go into the civil service or public service or what not. Agreed?

Not if you use a well oiled blade.

_

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: As seen on TV?

ginsu4.jpg

there is little or no point ranting and raving here on a photography forum either. Nothing happens and everyone becomes more angsty with each passing post.

i agree with him on this part, this thread is only an outlet for most to vent their frustrations and voice out. After awhile...things will still die down, and everybody go about their own lives. All that remains will be those hush hush conversations and those die hard ones/trolls/flamers which probably get 'monitored' and 'censored' like the ones in the more popular forums. :bsmilie:

*snap-snap-snap-snap*

Hahahahaha.... OF COS I'M HAPPY!!!! HAPPY LIKE CRAZY!!!! HAPPY UNTIL I GO CRAZY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes? You called me? No wonder you are so happy! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Pet topic again!

So what is public service really about?

You can write whatever you want, but it turns out the same way, I will tell you that if that were the case, everyone will just work for private companies and no one will want to go into the civil service or public service or what not. Agreed?

u're really quite short sighted....LOL!

people who work in private companies are not that welloff afterall! I've got friends who are still drawing the same meagre amount from the economic crisis then and now.

u still don't get it. people who belong to the class of "professional professions" are the top grossing.

I can be quite sure, that if the other professions are raised to such an extent to be "on par with the professional professions", there COULD be alot lesser voice

I'm suggesting for a mindset change to whats professional, whats not, that seems to be the one way whereby wages can be more or less "balanced out".

In our revered US of A or even Downunder, a carpenter can earn as much as a doc.......... a plumber can earn as much as an engineer............. i'm just wondering aloud, y can't an artist earn as much as an engineer?

if its because of mentality, shouldn't then our leaders LEAD in embracing a change in mindset?

In any case, this is the last time I will speak on politics, in Singapore or otherwise, I have said my peace/piece, I have said it a few times, and it doesn't serve any purpose, I see.

No objectivity whatsoever, it's sad. I guess if we went deeper people would just blame it all on MOE (and then our gahment would come in again, WOOHOO). I just find it very amusing that almost anything, even photography can be linked to the big scapegoat.

Honestly, I'm also blardy tired of being called "those people" or "that people" or what. It's juvenile. I don't go around accusing people with veiled words of being something they are not. Especially when hey, it's the Internet. I can be anything you want me to be.

Good day, keep ranting, and may that do all the good it does you. I'm just going to shoot more and be objective about the whole thing, and I hope someday something gets through to all of us. If just one person sees what I'm driving at, then I guess my breath (or fingers) has not been wasted. =)

I think to separate photography from what goes on in society is a big mistake, photographers informed by history and current affairs are able to think more critically

Wolfgang, if you think each post is getting more angsty, then why don't you steer the discussion to something more fruitful. Drawing lines in the sand only serves to make people disgruntled, closing threads just leads to suppressed angst which will come out again.
Perhaps we can try to see what role we as photographers have in addressing our social or political concerns.

I think to separate photography from what goes on in society is a big mistake, photographers informed by history and current affairs are able to think more critically

Wolfgang, if you think each post is getting more angsty, then why don't you steer the discussion to something more fruitful. Drawing lines in the sand only serves to make people disgruntled, closing threads just leads to suppressed angst which will come out again.
Perhaps we can try to see what role we as photographers have in addressing our social or political concerns.

i guess... there is a limit to what can be expressed... afterall.. this is Clubsnap, photography is the real theme.

people see forum as an open door to vent their anger or disgreement.. sometimes u just cannot help it.

There was a story of a dog with mange. When it stayed in a cave it thought that the cave was uncomfortable and the dog itched all over. It moved to a forest and still it itched and was uncomfortable. It was never comfortable no matter where it went. This is because what was causing the itching was its skin condition, not the place it stayed."

Ummmmm....

If you're referring to the fable known as "The Dog in the Manger" then you've got both the story as well as the moral wrong. :nono:

The fable tells of a dog who entered a barn and fell asleep in a manger (a trough like vessel) filled with hay. When the horse and cow returned to the barn to feed on the hay, the dog woke up and began barking at them, refusing to leave and preventing them from feeding on the hay even though he couldn't feed on it.

The moral of the fable? "People often begrudge others what they cannot enjoy themselves".

How did it ever become a dog with a bad skin condition?!? :sweat:

_

the RICH get RICHER and the POOR get POORER *SIGHZ*

singapore gonna become another CHINA or INDIA or INDONESIA

Hey, no, no no :nono:

Not like China, India or Indonesia, because we're doing all this legally. There is no room for corruption here. :devil:

_

wow! me back from lunch and i can feel the HEAT in here liao

lots of catching up to do now :bsmilie:

Well, I have no wish to steer the topic in any direction since in the first place, we do not encourage such discussions here due to its sensitive nature. However, we are trying to allow some form of leeway or flexibility in such matters since everyone seems to be clamouring for their voice to be heard.

So we allow them to express their views but it has since degraded into a pointless thread full of inane comments and rhetoric. We are also not suppressing anything since the members are allowed to exercise a choice and discuss this matter on another platform or medium.

As I mentioned earlier, they are more than welcome to seek out pastures where they are allowed such freedom and welcome such discussion.

As for photographers being able to help air our social concerns, well, I am honestly all for it. We can be change makers and make the society at large a better place but well, thats another story for another thread.

Ummmmm....

If you're referring to the fable known as "The Dog in the Manger" then you've got both the story as well as the moral wrong. :nono:

The fable tells of a dog who entered a barn and fell asleep in a manger (a trough like vessel) filled with hay. When the horse and cow returned to the barn to feed on the hay, the dog woke up and began barking at them, refusing to leave and preventing them from feeding on the hay even though he couldn't feed on it.

The moral of the fable? "People often begrudge others what they cannot enjoy themselves".

How did it ever become a dog with a bad skin condition?!? :sweat:

_

I'm afraid you got the wrong story. It is from another tale.

Cheers,
WG

i guess... there is a limit to what can be expressed... afterall.. this is Clubsnap, photography is the real theme.

people see forum as an open door to vent their anger or disgreement.. sometimes u just cannot help it.

Thank you for being the voice of reason in this instance.

As it is, this has carried on long enough. I will be closing this thread now since people seem to ignore choose to heed the warnings.

Matt, should you wish to further discuss how photogs can make a social impact, we can further discuss with via pm.

Cheers,
WG

Status
Not open for further replies.