min 10 posts before can post in BS forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
compro_1975 said:
wat is BS???? pm me...

Buy & Sell.

A better criteria would be :

1. a minimum of 10 posts
2. been a CS member for at least 1 month.

Hi All,

Don't mind me saying, but Clubsnap should not be treated as a place to Buy and Sell only.

Clubsnap is a community for photographer or photography enthusiast to share knowledge, discuss ideas and forge new friendships with others who have a similar passion and interest in photography.

Not a place for people who come here with the thinking of make a quick buck buy doing buying and selling only.

Like I mentioned in the earlier thread, there are cases whereby people just register to offload their equipment and then disappear, some other cases include users who just registered and thread crash in the Buy and Sell Sub Forum in which they totally ignored the Guidelines for posting in the B&S Sub-forum.

By imposing a minimum thread/post limit prior given the authority to post in the B&S may help to
1. Deter off thread crasher or
2. People looking for a One Shot Deal (people who come to offload and then become un-contactable).

However, this rule will act as a double-edge sword because
1. This will discourage newbie who are really interested in photography because of the need to post till the limit before their voice can be heard in the B&S
2. Indirectly encourage newbie to post nonsensical stuffs or junk just to increase their post counts
3. There are long-registered users who likes to lurk around in the forum but seldom post will have very little post counts are unable to do a B&S when they wanted to.

There are a lot of considerations needed if such an implementation is in place. Both groups of users that are for and against this minimum post limit rule do have valid points to defend their stand.

My belief is that let the Administrators and Moderators do a more thorough study on this issue.

I got few suggestion but is may sounds a bit tedious to start up with.

Only administrators and moderators will decide who will be able to post and give access to these group of people.
Then add in the list for those who had went outings able to post in buy and sell.To show that there is such person exists.
Then generate a list of CS valid members. Those who want to post but without access and never went for any outing will have to contact these group of people for help.

whatever it is,final decision lies with the mods/admins.
Also how about deleting members who are inactive for sometimes,maybe 4-6mths? haha...another idea.:sweat:

Yeowww said:
Buy & Sell.

A better criteria would be :

1. a minimum of 10 posts
2. been a CS member for at least 1 month.
I think this is also the same criteria for members to vote a poll right?

why 10? why not 100? any valid reason?

no what i mean is the post count is independent of the sale post

user111 said:
no what i mean is the post count is independent of the sale post

what sales post? 10 or 100 is subjective to individual,it's all purely suggestions.

:think:
yeah I suggested 10 posts not to deter genuine newbie buyer/seller
but strange ppl online who like an alter ego to buy/sell stuff and do other strange things like crashing threads.
another tot was if a newbie was intro'd here by a member.. the referral member can actually start a new thread for his/her fren. (makes sense since the person can't have jus stumbled upon CS)
A name/nick means identity. Any honest person who wants to continue making deals here would want to have some sort of moral integrity. and if one can keep changing names like shops in sim lim square, its easy to avoid blame and responsibility.

True CS is not a BS forum only. If that's the case, jus limiting the ability of a new person to post in the BS forum won't be against any photographic principles ya?:nono:

anyway its jus suggestion lah.. I think jus reading this thread would be nice to warn other ppl to be wary when reacting to deals online.
I can't rem but I saw some russian? guy or foreign guy posting a camera sale at a ridiculous price. I rem seeing similar stuff in yahoo ads and did some research turns out to be a fraud where you jus send money to some very happy foreign guy and your local laws can't touch him.

heh I must admit though the best solution is "Caveat Emptor" .. jus tots lah..

I'm new here. I was introduced to this website by my friend because I was looking for a camera. I posted my first thread in B&S to sell my photo printer (which, incidentally, is still available). My point is, I'm not sure if I'd still even bother to sign up if I knew there were some criteria to meet before I could post in B&S.

LOL
yeah u got ur point..

I signed up cos i was interested in photography .. at first i was a frequenter at photo.net
but a local site is more interesting cos the sites are more revelant..

and my feelings is that most of the community wld like CS to be a photographic community and not a BS forum. Which is why policing the BS is not a main priority..

wiz23 said:
How abt min 50 posts? That means a new member has to become a member before posting in B&S?

But, that may mean that "business" in B&S may suffer?

Alternatively, CSers can make it a habit to provide alternative contacts on their B&S threads so that one-off buyers who do not want to sign up for membership can contact them thru HP, email etc.

A min 50 posts before being able to post in B&S may deter potential "crashers".

Just my opinion :)

I agree to this also :thumbsup: ... there seem to be too many a case where ppl just register a nick and come in to "create trouble"

slaam said:
LOL
yeah u got ur point..

I signed up cos i was interested in photography .. at first i was a frequenter at photo.net
but a local site is more interesting cos the sites are more revelant..

and my feelings is that most of the community wld like CS to be a photographic community and not a BS forum. Which is why policing the BS is not a main priority..

I think that slaam got my point. Clubsnap should be treated as a photographic community whereby people come here to share their experiences and skills or to gather feedbacks and advices on how to improve their photographic skills.
On top of that, it is also a place to make friends with people who share the same likings and passion and also to share photos from their collection.

If people treat Clubsnap as a B&S forum only, I think it is rather sad because they are treating this good forum as a place to post their personal classified ads or "free eBay auctions service" to sell off their stuffs and nothing else. After they managed to sell off their stuffs, will they come back again because of the good and friendly environment, easy user interface and knowledgeable pools of information? Or will they be motivated to come back because of personal agenda such to offload other stuffs or make a quick buck by One Shot Deal.

I believe that all, if not most user here share the passion for photography and that is why they came here and signed up this forum. Clubsnap is a good place whereby people who are fuelled by their enthusiasm for photography come here to share and learn from one another. There are outings and gatherings where you can meet new friends and pick up a pointer or two and the photo galleries section whereby you can see and observe how others compose their shot and learn from there. And of course, there are the equipment discussions sub forums where you can seek advice from fellow users on how to bring out the potential of the equipment that you are using.

So you see, Clubsnap is not and should not be treated as a place to Buy & Sell only, it is actually a community for people who are motivated by their passion to interact and share with one another on topics about photography.

Back to the topic of post count implementation, imposing the minimum limit post count prior given the permission to post in B&S has its pros and cons. But by implementing it will open up a can of possible unforeseen scenarios which I think it will be better for the Administrators and Moderators to do a more thorough consideration and investigation over this issue before making any decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.