Military Enthusiast Fall in [Part III]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to imagine, what the world would be like if Nazis ruled the West, Japanese ruled the East and Italians running all around. Would the world be a better place, or would it be destroyed?

1) King Tiger (Overall in general)
2) Kitkat
3) Zplus
4) kit_fisto
5) Hommie (Strategy aspect of war)
6) Zaren
7) Red Dawn
8) Francis247 (Ancient China military Strategies and Weaponary)
9) foxtwo
10) Klose (Spec Ops + Aviation + Armoured Warfare)
11) jediforce4ever
12) hwchoy
13) glennyong
14) reachme2003 (special forces, swat(not necessarily military))
15) philliptan (military aircraft)
16) Carllim
17) adrian (Military aircraft)
18) Malakite
17) simon_84 (aircraft,tactics like different types of combat stuations)
18) Clipper (aircraft, WWII, ships, almost anything...)
19) Firestone (Land-based )
20) jeremyftk (The Silent Service... Go figure tt out )
21) Karel (WWII aircraft, Ground Forces)
22) Singscott (War Histories, rifles, Generals Bios and SOF)
23) hobbesyeo (interested in artillery guns)
24) VR2 (weaponary, tatics & SOF's)
25) S11loop ( taking photographs of big big guns )
26) Merciless Knight
27) Ola
28) Digitalbuff (Interested in Secret Service: MI5, KGB, CIA, CIEF etc
29) tokrot (esp China and its politics/diplomacy with her neighbours and superpowers)
30) hanqiang1011(Ancient Warfare, Modern Weaponary, Nuclear Weapons)
31) AQVA
32) deckard (studied a military history degree in university) vietnam, special forces, small arms
33) jsbn (WWII on the Japanese side, Psychology, Socio-Cultural aspects of the Japanese mentality in WWII)
34) duckalas (WW2 aviation & WW2 German Armours)
35) zac08 (military weapons)
36) ornegu
37) harmony
38) manila gorila
39) cmeptb72 (guerilla, revolution, ancient militray history, spec-ops, tactics, snipers)
40) drakon09 (profession)
41) Doodle - (military aviation, airpower and mil history)
42) Jeff49er - (WW 2 Sptfire, Mosquito, Corsair, Mustang, B29, Zero, ....)
43) small aperture - (military aviation, aviation photo, weapons, missile)
44) mingkor - (land,sea,air)
45) jmmtn4aj - (warfare, the technology, tactics, and strategies, political and psychological aspects of conflict)
46) FilterFunk (weaponry in general, sniper rifles in particular)
47) ykgen (CQB - close quarters battle/tactics, urban warfare, now sometimes known by the military acronyms MOUT [military operations on urban terrain] or FIBUA [fighting in built-up areas] in the West)
48) Wired - any military doctrines from hoplites to modern warfare but more on mil aviation.
49) spongezz
50) FooFighter
51) Daedalus Trent (mainly Soviet-era weaponry)
52) gymak90 (aviation, dogfights, weaponry, naval)
53) vonlichenstein (cold war and WW II era weaponry/tactics/history)
54) diver-hloc (all form of ancient warfare & weaponry... also WWII)
55) shiruikage (military aviation, last stand battles)

Hard to imagine, what the world would be like if Nazis ruled the West, Japanese ruled the East and Italians running all around. Would the world be a better place, or would it be destroyed?

Should this happen, one thing for sure.
Japanese would be our 1st language, while as
Germans would be our 2nd language.

2) Kitkat
3) Zplus
4) kit_fisto
6) Zaren
7) Red Dawn
9) foxtwo
11) jediforce4ever
12) hwchoy
13) glennyong
16) Carllim
18) Malakite
26) Merciless Knight
27) Ola
29) tokrot (esp China and its politics/diplomacy with her neighbours and superpowers)
31) AQVA
32) deckard (studied a military history degree in university) vietnam, special forces, small arms
33) jsbn (WWII on the Japanese side, Psychology, Socio-Cultural aspects of the Japanese mentality in WWII)
36) ornegu
37) harmony
38) manila gorila
39) cmeptb72 (guerilla, revolution, ancient militray history, spec-ops, tactics, snipers)
45) jmmtn4aj - (warfare, the technology, tactics, and strategies, political and psychological aspects of conflict)
47) ykgen (CQB - close quarters battle/tactics, urban warfare, now sometimes known by the military acronyms MOUT [military operations on urban terrain] or FIBUA [fighting in built-up areas] in the West)
48) Wired - any military doctrines from hoplites to modern warfare but more on mil aviation.
49) spongezz
50) FooFighter
56) Makanator (Aviation, WWII and Vietnam War in particular)

I am actually more of a closet enthusiast. :embrass:

2) Kitkat
3) Zplus
4) kit_fisto
6) Zaren
7) Red Dawn
9) foxtwo
11) jediforce4ever
12) hwchoy
13) glennyong
16) Carllim
18) Malakite
26) Merciless Knight
27) Ola
31) AQVA
36) ornegu
37) harmony
38) manila gorila
49) spongezz
50) FooFighter
56) Makanator (Aviation, WWII and Vietnam War in particular)
57) Ravenfoo ( CQB, SAS, Vietnam War, Special-Ops etc...)

Should this happen, one thing for sure.
Japanese would be our 1st language, while as
Germans would be our 2nd language.

But, would the world be better? I'm not saying the Japs and Germans are good, but maybe they could have did a better job ruling the world.:dunno:

But, would the world be better? I'm not saying the Japs and Germans are good, but maybe they could have did a better job ruling the world.:dunno:

I strongly disagree on that and feel it might be dangerous thinking but I have to ask in fairness: In what way is the current world in such a condition that the Japanese of WWII and Nazi Germany could be doing a better job?

King Tiger: maybe this could serve as a new thread if you feel it to be valid. It's been a while since the group had a good discussion. :)

I strongly disagree on that and feel it might be dangerous thinking but I have to ask in fairness: In what way is the current world in such a condition that the Japanese of WWII and Nazi Germany could be doing a better job?

King Tiger: maybe this could serve as a new thread if you feel it to be valid. It's been a while since the group had a good discussion. :)
they wouldn't. i don think we should extrapolate post non-Allied victory socio-political conditions using current conditions. i meant that we cannot exactly use the current japan or germany's capacity for governance, economic strength and technological innovation and apply it to post WWII where japan and germany won. why not leh? the initial conditions are different.

they wouldn't. i don think we should extrapolate post non-Allied victory socio-political conditions using current conditions. i meant that we cannot exactly use the current japan or germany's capacity for governance, economic strength and technological innovation and apply it to post WWII where japan and germany won. why not leh? the initial conditions are different.

I'm not implying a direct time-leap, but considering all factors like politics, ideology, social & economic impact, pollution, planet conservation, R&D from 1945-2000+. Obviously the thinking of having 1 nation/party in-charge would be either 1. there is stability and economic gain, or 2. rule with such oppression the problems of say extremists would not exist, or 3. more conflicts arise when vassals rebel etc

Could the 2 countries have reached such a state in 60 years? How would they evolve, how would the world evolve...

We can approach this as a fantasy/alternate reality discussion. :)

Last edited:
history is written by the victors :)

or as some have said, History favours the one with bigger guns.

What is right and what is wrong, is decided by whoever won. it isn't as true now, but still...

Not always true there. There were some significant chapters in history which were written by the losers instead.

1 : The Spartans and their resistance to the Persians. a la "300" , if it rings a bell.
2 : The Mongolian conquest of central asia and parts of middle east and Europe. There were very, very little written records from the mongolians. In fact much of the accounts of their conquests were from the people whom they defeated. Or from independent Chinese records.

Whatever is said is not decided by whoever won now either. Its by the side that has the greatest influence on the mass media. Just look at Iraq and Afghanistan. The rest of the world gets to see the 'positive influence' (that I don't know for sure ..) had on these 2 countries after toppling their previous regimes. While most of the arab and middle-east muslim world get to see what Al Jazeera choses to show and highlight. (the plight and negativity of the "US Occupation" of these 2 countries. ) I can't be there to physically judge who is right and who is wrong, but somewhere murked within the very contrasting views of these 2 areas of mass media coverage is the truth.

So.. what you see in the news may not always be the truth, anywhere in the world in fact. :dunno:

Hi foxtwo

Thanks for the suggestion.
Yes, it have been a while since we have a nice and healthy military discussion. :)
Let me summarize up and I will post it soon.

The first thing that came to my mind was the Holocaust.

So if the Germans and Japanese rule the world, then there won't be any Jews left?

And perhaps no Chinese left, since the Japanese didn't have a liking for them.

The first thing that came to my mind was the Holocaust.

So if the Germans and Japanese rule the world, then there won't be any Jews left?

And perhaps no Chinese left, since the Japanese didn't have a liking for them.

Most likely. Thinking about what would happen if the bad guys had won, makes me appreciate the world more.

Status
Not open for further replies.