Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.
driving is fun in Melbourne. what are you talking about. just because you can't drive like a reckless hoon doesn't mean it stops being fun.

for one, the roads are wider than in Singapore. people are generally more polite, and indicate their intentions early. people give way to you if you need to move in to the lane, and people actually say thank you if you give way to them. of course, these are just general-ness and there are some token idiots who don't do the above mentioned.

and if you want to cab everywhere, you're better off paying for a car rental. the cab fare, from Tullamarine to Clayton cost me about $120ish the last time I did it. I'm not sure if the tariffs have gone up, but I'm pretty certain it should be $120 or higher, depending on the time of the day and the roads taken.

PS. Tullamarine = where the international airport is.

hahaha reading this reminds me how tightarse australia is about driving :p

just to get a license there is so much harder then here, you get your L's at 16 then you get your P's at 18 at which point you cannot recieve a single infraction for like 2 years, then you get a normal license... such a pain haha

driving is fun in Melbourne. what are you talking about. just because you can't drive like a reckless hoon doesn't mean it stops being fun.

for one, the roads are wider than in Singapore. people are generally more polite, and indicate their intentions early. people give way to you if you need to move in to the lane, and people actually say thank you if you give way to them. of course, these are just general-ness and there are some token idiots who don't do the above mentioned.

totally agree. I was in Melbourne last month for 2 weeks. most of the drivers there will give way to you when you signal that you're moving in to their lanes but of course... you must not take that for granted. The drivers there are generally more considerate than drivers in Singapore. Just drive with care if you're planning to rent a car and everything should be fine.

:D

Hi,
I will be going for Melbourne for Wedding photoshoot and holiday in early Sept. What will be a good place (apartment/ motel) to stay within melbourne city area for 7 days. Is it worth going to GOR for wedding photoshoot if I have around 2 to 3 days of wedding photoshoot? Are there any places which is must go for wedding photoshoots?

Thanks.

Hi,
I will be going for Melbourne for Wedding photoshoot and holiday in early Sept. What will be a good place (apartment/ motel) to stay within melbourne city area for 7 days. Is it worth going to GOR for wedding photoshoot if I have around 2 to 3 days of wedding photoshoot? Are there any places which is must go for wedding photoshoots?

Thanks.
I will certainly include GOR and maybe grampians if you have 2-3 days to shoot as i think the timing is good as it's early spring so the flowers should be blooming.

Hi,

Thanks.

I would recommend the Grampians but.

and this is a big but.

if I'm not mistaken, some of it has been razed due to the forest fires that took place earlier this year. may do you some good to go do a search online to see if that is the case. I'm certain I saw Halls Gap as one of the areas affected but i could be wrong.

by the way, Halls Gap = Grampians, so to speak.

Hi everyone,
thanks for your replies.:)
I heard from my friends that it is very windy in GOR. Is it possible to still take photos without your hair being messed up? And which part of GOR should I go? it is really long.... I am comtemplating to travel by A100 (inland) and turn into one of the small routes to shorten the travelling time. Any suggestion of routes to take?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
thanks for your replies.:)
I heard from my friends that it is very windy in GOR. Is it possible to still take photos without your hair being messed up? And which part of GOR should I go? it is really long.... I am comtemplating to travel by A100 (inland) and turn into one of the small routes to shorten the travelling time. Any suggestion of routes to take?

Thanks

it's always windy in Melbourne. honestly. even in the dead of summer. so... I'll be less worried about messy hair, and more worried about the weather holding up!

jokes aside, it really depends on what you want to see on the GOR. what I normally do is the coastal route from Torquay all the way through to Port Campbell, and then back the inland route, from day to night that is.

the reason why I do that is so that I get to enjoy the sunrise as I go towards Port Campbell in the morning, and then do an inland drive back so that I get back to Melbourne quickly. of course, these are for day trips where time is limited.

I would stop at Bells Beach at Torquay just to have a look see. unfortunately, it's not the right time of the year, but in the autumn months, the Ripcurl Pro Classic takes place there and you get to see awesome girls, I mean surfers doing their stuff.

places to stop would be... hmm... Apollo Bay (awesome seafood place up on one of the mountains, although he only opens at night), and you supposedly can hire a boat out to sea to do some mussel picking or something along those lines. near Apollo Bay is also a bunch of nature reserves (Great Otway National Park) featuring a board top walk, and some great trails for you to explore. bring some repellent though, because of the amount of mosquitoes you will encounter there. I remember spotting koalas there at the Aire River camp site or something along those lines, and apparently it's quite a guaranteed sight... to see koalas in the wild that is, without having to pay money to go into a wildlife sanctuary.

I don't have to say much about the 12 Apostles as it sells itself, but do stop by at this place called Loch Ard Gorge (it's further down the 12 Apostles Park in the same direction as Port Campbell. also, located 5 minutes WEST of the 12 Apostles are the Gibson Steps, which if I remember correctly brings you right down to the beach level. depending on the tidal conditions, and the weather conditions, you might be able to capture so beautiful scenic shots from a grounds level. I remember seeing some dolphins the last time I was there, although that being said the water was relatively calm and mild the day I was there. also, since you're there, check out The Grotto as well. and unfortunately, since London Bridge has fallen down, it's no longer the major attraction as it was any more, but that shouldn't stop you from going there to have a look see as well.

if you can push towards Warrnambool, do so as the scenic looks from there are quite spectacular as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.