Me and my heavy gears

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mum used this to carry her groceries. :)

nonono its not the type with a basket. Those are for aunties. Its those coca cola delivery man type of L shaped trolley. And its foldable. It looks like those computer fair printer trolley, except this one is much bigger and can take up to 80kg. Its fully foldable.

It looks something like this image, but the one i talk about is much more sturdier and wider.

http://sg.images.search.yahoo.com/i...&sigr=126k6shb3&sigi=126kc4j56&sigb=12n6hgva9

all my joint wears from ............................................................................S..A........................................................F .....@#$%
dunnoe y they like to run run and run hahahh

I normally try to carry my gear in a backpack, better weight distribution, minimise chances of injuries due to overloading. most of the time I carry a basic min gear of 1 cam 2 lens and 1 flash, everything in under 4kg in my flipside200 bag.

never really like the idea of carrying a huge sling bag that store tons of gears which I see alot of senior photographers like to use. really feel that its bad for the shoulder and back as stress on the body is always lop-sided.

nonono its not the type with a basket. Those are for aunties. Its those coca cola delivery man type of L shaped trolley. And its foldable. It looks like those computer fair printer trolley, except this one is much bigger and can take up to 80kg. Its fully foldable.

It looks something like this image, but the one i talk about is much more sturdier and wider.

http://sg.images.search.yahoo.com/i...&sigr=126k6shb3&sigi=126kc4j56&sigb=12n6hgva9

:bsmilie: ..... why not use the free trolly that was given by canon during the PC fair when you buy their printers (I got 2 now). I know tenba and Kata got sell these trollies that can be used with their bags. I think the best is to get this.

Fold It Location Truck

use this one. can dump and go.

shopping-cart.jpg

This ------------> http://www.pelican.com/cases/cases_1660_flash/v1.jpg

solves all the problem, all the Mk3s, Ls, tripods, PWs, flashes, and what have you, just load, close, extend and pull it like strolling a big puppy. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I would suggest a smaller version 1550. One of the best. :thumbsup:

wow, i think uncle will be very please with so many brothers giving suggestions to help his back problem.
Pelican is good option, but hor, its very bulky. Though it can used as a step ladder to film XMM.

Let there be Canon.

wow, i think uncle will be very please with so many brothers giving suggestions to help his back problem.
Pelican is good option, but hor, its very bulky. Though it can used as a step ladder to film XMM.

Let there be Canon.
IMO, bro phoakm gave the best solution .... should now shop for a G10 or G1 or GH1.

I am sure not too long from now, bro phoakm will be joining me, by the way he carries his gears :bsmilie::sweatsm: .... sometimes even small studio can't beat the gears phoakm carries to shoot.:sweat::sweat:

I think a good backpack will reduce the weight problem, shoulder bags are nice and convenient but they pull all the weight onto 1 shoulder and effectively make it doubly worse. U saw me before using the Lowepro minitrekker, and now Kata DR bag.

I use backpack when I walk and shoot or go traveling/holiday; and use shoulder bag when I know I only shoot inside a studio/indoor location only.

I still find it amazing how much stuff my hero Phoakm can carry to a shoot... he is like Doraemon with his magic pouch. Laptop, sunbounce, profoto set, magicarm, lightstand, condoms etc.. no wonder he is still so lean!

use this one. can dump and go.

shopping-cart.jpg

I knew one commercial tog.

Whenever he has a shoot in a shopping center, this is the first item he will borrow. Much more convenient than L-shaped or flat-bed trolleys due to the sides. :bsmilie:

As Contax mentioned - L-shaped trolley. Can get as low as $12 at HDB market stores, but lower cap lah. Maybe around 10-15kg.

Alternatively, medium-sized traveling suitcase. A few togs I know of who needs to lug a lot of stuff around use those as well. Usually, the camera and lenses takes up the smallest percentage of equipment needed at a shoot.

Also, as some mentioned, very very well designed backpacks (like the type for mountaineering, partitioned and modded for photo). I know of togs who hike in the wilderness with min 50kg of equipment and survival gear in their backpacks. Key to this option is smart packing and proper weight distribution. Also need to be fairly healthy.

I sold my 7 million-dollar-home for health reasons :D
haha :D It had so much room that I was always tempted to fill it.
After a while, even if I just put 1 body and 1 lens inside, I would start to ache.

Now I've got different bags for different purposes, depending where I am going, what gear I am bringing etc, but usually don't carry much gear now.
Usually it is just body + 1 or 2 primes, and the 70-200 only if I know I will need it, never for "just in case"

I sold my 7 million-dollar-home for health reasons :D
haha :D It had so much room that I was always tempted to fill it.
After a while, even if I just put 1 body and 1 lens inside, I would start to ache.

:bsmilie:

well, it is my belief that if you are walking for long periods of time, then the hadley pro is just right, you won't carry so much gear that you will die afterward.

anything more, better to use a backpack.

of course changing lenses is going to be a pain in the ass relatively, most of the time, even with those new fangled cool rotating nonsense that i cannot get used to.. nothing beats having a shoulder sling when it comes to speed. :)

I am sixteen, going on seventeen... yet I had considerations about changing my 17-40L, 50 ƒ/1.4 and 70-200 ƒ/2.8L IS into 24 ƒ/2.8, 35 ƒ/2, 50 ƒ/1.4, 85 ƒ/1.8 and 135 ƒ/2L primes. Still love my 2 L zooms though, and can't live without them.

It's really sian thinking about the weight I have to lug over my shoulders when I go on tour with my school band at the end of year. 5D2, 400D gripped, 3 lenses, 1 flash, 1 audio recorder... in a dedicated camera bag filled also with other barang barang. Almost 7kg with me all the time!

It's really sian thinking about the weight I have to lug over my shoulders when I go on tour with my school band at the end of year. 5D2, 400D gripped, 3 lenses, 1 flash, 1 audio recorder... in a dedicated camera bag filled also with other barang barang. Almost 7kg with me all the time!

you can probably do without the 400d gripped.

the only reason why i would carry more than one camera body would be that i have a modified ir camera, and a few film cameras. but never more of one type of camera each time.. is waste of space. exception being when i wnat to finish a roll inside a camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.