Matrix Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
HelmetBox said:
But then what puzzled me is, NEO must go before Smith can be destroyed so that the equation will balance, so with this, NEO is a gonner. In the end, we do see Neo's view in the machine world so he's not necessarily dead.

I am sure NEO is not dead as seen when his limp body is carried away...it is glowing bright golden colour the same colour as the giant machine head. Maybee he's ONE with the machines??

Vilya said:
I am sure NEO is not dead as seen when his limp body is carried away...it is glowing bright golden colour the same colour as the giant machine head. Maybee he's ONE with the machines??

hmmm.... then smith's not dead too I guess. We'll just have to wait and see.......

Matrix 4? Animatrix 2?? Speaking of which....i totally dun understand "Detective Story" Was the detective the bad guy?

If you try to recall, Bane was infected by Smith after his partner was ported thru the line earlier in the movie, by doing so smith controls his body and wreaks havoc onboard the ship.

I dont find the role of Sati fit in the movie nicely, maybe coz part 1 and 2 never featured indians (no offence), some forum says that she is the next "One", some say she's more powerful that the Architect (being able to influence the sun), while some fight the claim saying a program can never be a "ONE".. And some say that she has found a purpose in the matrix as a program controlling the elements of weather, hence evading deletion.

I'm actually still pretty confused about the movie despite after watching the marathon, gets pretty open ended.

I find Merovingian kewl, Persephone is an aOOwsome pair..

After reading it is more understanding......compare in finishing the Revolution :D

As in Clubsnap, wolf must be someone like the Architect, who can get the info and make things more understanding. Then who is the " One " in clubsnap? :bsmilie:

My 2cents worth:

Originally, Neo wanted to fight it out and defeat Smith. In fact, that was the only thing in his mind. But we all know what happened. It was the Oracle that gave him the idea to allow Smith to absorb him, due to the line that Smith spoke. As Neo was directly interfacing with the machine, into the Matrix, the master computer can, thru Neo erase Smith. In fact, Neo is the Trojan horse, the carrier, and was one with the machine itself for this to happen. All the Smiths were destroyed as they all were interlinked, and thru Neo, into the master machine (which cannot interface with Smith after Episode 1)

As for the Oracle, she caused a self-fulfilling prophacy (sp). She did not control Smith, IMO, unlike some who said here. Instead, she "saw" that Smith will said it and "calculated" the outcome. In fact, that was her plan, to allow Smith to absorb her to give him her power of vision so that he will say that line :sweat: :bigeyes:

Neo did not really "die" as well. Everyone saw the "Golden vision" thingy. When he was infected by Smith, the Machine absorbed in and use him as a conduit. In fact, I suspect from this point on, he will be like an ambassidor to the Machines. He is viewed as a savior (should I spell that with a 'S'? :sweat: ) on the Zion side and can work together to extend the peace.

As for Sithi, she is NOT the One (who is by defination, the accumulation of the unbalance part of the equation). Nor is she the architect; he was still there, right? Instead, she would be something like the Oracle, a product of the Machines.

actually, what i can't figure out is, when at the train station, the indian guy said that he worked out a deal with the Frenchie (thru Oracle) to bring Sathi (the little indian girl) out of the machine world. but my question is, to where? the human world? can't be, cos then she'll need a human host (like Smith). if not the human world, then where? another alternative dimension like the train station? :dunno:

I think the producers should redo the whole 3rd movie or the ending part again. It does not make sense to a lot of people and it left everyone guessing what the hell happen. I don't find it is a good way to end a trilogy after so much anticipation from the 1st 2 movies.

No doubt the computer graphics were great, but the ending in the 3rd movie spoilt the story of the whole trilogy, thus making the 1st and 2nd movie a bit funny. "Isn't it worth fighting for ? Isn't worth dying for ?" At the end, there is no real world, so what is worth fighting and dying for ?

They should have a forth movie, call Matrix : Redux :bsmilie:

Just my 2 cents..

Well, the death of NEO or the deal that he made with the machines, in my view is to allow the machines to use him to destroy program Smith.

In turn the machines will call off their attack and a cease fire. And as what the orcale said to the architect, that "all those who want out will be freed"

I suppose those humans that are plugged in to the Matrix will somehow be given a choice to continue "Living their lives as they were in the plugged-in world or be freed and unplugged"

I supposed if you are one of the plugged-in humans, who are "cast as a doctor or rich actor..etc in the virtual world, I rather stay plugged in and not bother myself with all the wars between humans and machines and all the killings and live my peaceful live plugged into the machines in my tiny bubble

The humans did not "Win" the war and they will never will.
The ending only brings about a ceasefire.

to recover the lossess of war for the humans, assuming 3000 died, the humans will have to give birth to 3000 babies who will have to wait 9mths to be born and 18 years to be of minimum age to be in the corps. not counting the training time in the corps.

Assuming the humans go on a "Mass Production scheme" they will on average produce only 1 babies per 9 mths or 3 in 4 years.

Whereas, the machines even if they lost 10,000 sentinels, they will be able to mass produce perhaps 20,000 or 30,000 by the time the it times to produce a baby.
Destroyed Sentinels can be scrapped and re-used for parts to build new ones but the humans cannot use the dead humans again, unless you are going to use them for food (yucks, eating human).

The Sentinels use the plugged in humans to produce power, I wonder what then is used to feed the millons of plugged in humans and the survivors of Zion?

Since the sky is covered and no sunlight is received, plants and other living organism cannot grow and hence the herbivours animals have no food and die, and the carnivours animals will have no prey to feed on and die too.

I think I will stay tuned for the final part of the "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" instead...

And then wait for 2005's Star Wars: Episode 3....

Winston said:
The Sentinels use the plugged in humans to produce power, I wonder what then is used to feed the millons of plugged in humans and the survivors of Zion?

Since the sky is covered and no sunlight is received, plants and other living organism cannot grow and hence the herbivours animals have no food and die, and the carnivours animals will have no prey to feed on and die too.

That was always the weak point of the Matrix story. Gimme a break. But then I tell myself - hey, it's just a story, enjoy it!

Nothing is as ridiculous as the ending in Total Recall, where they held their breaths until the planet was re-atmospherized. But hey it was still a good movie.

Suspend your disbelief, and just enjoy it.

BoXXer said:
yes, how smith was able to fly really stumped me. and why oracle was left lying the rain after both neo and smith were killed. but was oracle really killed? so how come she re-appears to meet with architect at the end? and what was the bargain she made?

so many questions... answers anyone?? :cry:

y smith can fly really stumped me too... isit because agent smith took over oracle thats why inherited some of oracle's power..? so... in this way..... oracle also can fly? anyone got any idea here?

i think oracle was left lying in the rain because the virus has been deleted... all the programs (including Oracle) will return to original state. thats y the little indian girl, the bodyguard of oracle and whatever thats in the matrix world will return to original state...
this the architect also said....

really like the equation that comes out to define "The One"!!
cool man... (0.0001) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

movie overall is a 8/10 i think (personal opinion only)... the story plot is damn cool... agree?? :bsmilie:

but the ending is kind of disappointing ... the fight scenes are too exaggerated,the flying here and there.. and the bumping onto each other... still prefer Part 1 fighting scenes... kind of cool when neo can anticipate agent smiths move and can fight him using one hand.... ;)

cheers..

Winston said:

hmmm if i not wrong they did give an explanation (of sorts) in the first Matrix. they liquify the dead and feed it intravenously back to the plugged-in bodies. since the bodies don't move much, they shouldn't need much nutrition.

SuRfTeC said:
y smith can fly really stumped me too... isit because agent smith took over oracle thats why inherited some of oracle's power..? so... in this way..... oracle also can fly? anyone got any idea here?

i think oracle was left lying in the rain because the virus has been deleted... all the programs (including Oracle) will return to original state. thats y the little indian girl, the bodyguard of oracle and whatever thats in the matrix world will return to original state...
this the architect also said....

really like the equation that comes out to define "The One"!!
cool man... (0.0001) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

movie overall is a 8/10 i think (personal opinion only)... the story plot is damn cool... agree?? :bsmilie:

but the ending is kind of disappointing ... the fight scenes are too exaggerated,the flying here and there.. and the bumping onto each other... still prefer Part 1 fighting scenes... kind of cool when neo can anticipate agent smiths move and can fight him using one hand.... ;)

cheers..

The starting of this post did touch on why smith could fly, I think its a reasonable explaination. He's neo's balance anyway, so the more powerful neo gets, the more powerful he gets.

I do doubt that smith's deletion had to do with the machines. Neo finally understood what Oracle meant by 'everything that has a beginning has an end'. He was the reason smith was created, so when smith took over him and asked, 'is it over', the new smith replied yes. If Neo is gone, smith must go too and thus boom.......

Anyway, the producers got what they wanted, totally hung all the viewers off the cliff, making us wonder and wanting more.

Its sickening but its what a show's suppose to do yah?

Lets just see what they will come up with next

New news, Matrix Rebooted coming next June Holidays.

lyrrad said:
the one says, there is no meaning. i have spoken. good bye.

uuurr... which 'one' :D

I read somewhere that there won't be a 4th Matrix. Instead, the fellas will continue the story through other formats, like games. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Wachoskies are working with a game company now.

A few answers, from my interpretation. Smith basically took over the matrix right? Neo broke smith's code right? Smith is supposedly freed from the system, right? Now, why can he fly? Because he is not part of the system anymore. When smith was an agent, he was created by the programs. He was bounded by the rules in the programs, as he, was an entity in the program itself. His thinking was defined by the program. Until one point, where he actually "thought" for himself. In The Matrix, smith said he was getting sick of the matrix. That part was probably the turning point. Where his code got altered. Probably not a very good hypothesis, but should be ample for now.

So then Neo cut through Smith, broke his codes. Somehow, smith get reassembled. This is the missing link. It wasn't explained how smith got reassembled. Unless the programs were proficient enough to recreate the agents that they have lost. If so, smith was recreated. In the midst of it, some of neo's code got integrated with the machine's programming. So in a way, smith got "freed", because of neo. He finally develops a mind to think for himself.

The indian family was.. weird. All they explained was that every program created must have a purpose. If not they will be deleted or thrown into exile. Now, both the man and the woman were programs. If they were to create a child, won't that be the result of a program? Meaning the program created a program which doesn't have a purpose. I think this part is incongruent. Or maybe there's another story behind them.

So anyway, back to the geist of the story. My take on Neo was that he is part machine, part human. See, all humans in the real world is "made", "grown". All those holes in the back/limbs? My guess is that the program that the machines have made randomly chose a guy, neo was the unlucky fella, to contain the "routines" to lead to the series of events that will let the fellow humans think that he is the key to their survival. Neo probably didn't even know that he was the one. It was the routines in him, probably event triggered, that made him realize all those abilities he had in the matrix. Thus he was able to fly and revive people and all those whatnots in the matrix. Now how come neo can see the machines? Why, it's because since he has those "routines" that the machines have provided, the machines could have also imparted some of their codes and structures and communication methods to him. Thus he was able to see them.

Or another intepretation of the golden things he saw was actually energy. That means that neo is really the "super-being". Because the machines were fuelled by human energy, it was something neo had, and is. And maybe because neo believed in more things, he had more faith in short, he was the "super-being". He could sense the energy that provided the machines with the power. Thus he can see them gold stuffs.

Finally, on the oracle and the architect. Like waht SuRfTeC said, once smith gets deleted, all regains to their original form. So the final smith that stood out was the one that infected the oracle. Now why did the oracle-smith stand out? Because it was simply the most powerful "code" of all the smiths! Well, besides the french guy. And the chinese guy. The oracle probably had the most knowledge of how the system works. So anyway, the world was beautiful in the end. Then the oracle spoke to the architect. At that point, it seemed to me that it was a conspiracy. A conspiracy between them oracle and the architect. Here's a possible explaination: The oracle and the architect were two most powerful/knowledgable programs in the matrix. Why? Because the Oracle can forsee certain stuffs, and the architect, well he basically can see everything/everyone. So the oracle and the architect are actually "collegues", in that sense. So one day, the oracle discovered that there could be a virulent code lurking within the matrix. Smith that is. And she discuesses with the architect. Upon calculations and observations, the probability of the virulent code taking over the world was quite eminent. So they decided that someone has to erase the code. They got some random guy, neo again.. -.-. So neo is basically the tool to destroy the virus. Norton Antivirus. :D

Well amidst all these theories, the wachoskies could ultimately just want a great action movie :D

trainman, taskman, fileman. hmmm windows?
homogenous platform. hmmm windows?
susceptable to corruption of system agents and effortless external hacking. hmmm windows?
no real backup/redundancy failover. hmmm *sing it with me!*

very anime -- dialogues very expository, diatribes than -logues.
"Kiss me Neo, before the pain of the rod stuck below my 3rd rib - the one with torsional fatigue on the fifth segment and a chipped 'M CHINA' watermark - disturbs the mask of serenity on my face.
Although it is also due to the fact that I can't act to save my life."

think pat 2 and 3 suffered from Evangelionism.
the talk scenes are downright bland and disaffected.
Must have dumped all the money on the S&M outfits and the rain machines.
The Dragonball Duel is really so, just lack the golden spiky hair and occasional bruises on the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.