Marriott Vacation Club - Free Taka Vouchers for Real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax!

It's Marriot, not half-past-six chepalang company. I don't think they'd be in any shady dealings.

does not mean they not trying anything funny right?

I actually attended this talk about two months back. There was no hard sale tactic involved and you are absolutely not forced to buy anything. Anyway, the $200 Taka voucher is for real. Moreover, parking is free as well. If you can spare 2 hours of your time, why not get attend the talk with an open mind and if you don't like, you still get to keep the Taka voucher.

please use your brain and think... they are running a business accountable to shareholders. Giving out free money just like that ? i think they will have a back up plan to hold you back.. for sure u will see something better in your sight when u hold that 200 dollars voucher.

fyi, i too received such a call. I purposely tested them by saying i used to patronise their hotel.. but somehow i got a bit of difficultly paying this 200 at the moment... can give me as a donation by mail ? they put off the phone after that.

See... business is business... it is not a charity show.

;)

I only heard that it is a time share thinggy from this forum. When Marriot contacted me, they invited me for a 'showcase' to show members of the public the various Marriot hotels around the world. That is why I'm quite suspicious.

It may not has anything to do with Marriot Hotels itself.
It could be a 3rd party which bought Marriot rooms in bulk hence with some economies of scale & then 're-sell/re-package' it out as time-share/holiday-share or whatever grand name they call.
Why would a Marriot company not have an office/presentation in Marriot itself, give vouchers from Taka & not Marriot?
Hence don't fall for the brand name of Marriot.
'Tombang' only.

Try this, tell them you are currently retrenched, out of job, but can they still give you the voucher?

I got peace from them ever since. & whatever survey or lucky draw I take part, I use my office phone numbers & address. This way whoever telemarkets can only kachao me during office hours. I have peace after work, & when I travel, I dont pay for their irritating calls on autoroam.

My colleague did attend one of the talk. And she was only given 100 taka voucher, but she managed to bargain till 200 for the voucher as her friend was given 200.

recently i get call from them too... now they offer $100 Tang Voucher...

must i show them my IC?

Last edited:
yup...its for real. but if you want to go, you better be very firm about not buying. i didn't have a problem cos i made it clear from the start that i was only there for the $200 taka vouchers. ;p

anyway the guy tried to do his usual sales pitch but got bombarded by me until he had to call his supervisor to help. supervisor also kena bombarded and gave up. in the end i chit chat with the sales guy and countersell him financial services. :bsmilie:

after all the fun i got my $200 taka vouchers and a complimentary parking coupon.

http://www.vacationclub.com/default.jsp
Anyone got called up by them to attend a talk and receive FREE taka shopping vouchers?
Any gimmicks?

Yes. I told them to remove my name from the list and I still receive calls from them.

Most probably you'll have to go through 1-2 hours of pressure selling before you are given a miserable voucher.

Indeed. The most crazy part is that, they ask if you are attached/married and ask to invite your partner. Later they will indicate you only get the so called freebie only when you and your partner attend the sales sesison together.

In the past they offer $200 cash card. Dunno anymore as I don't even bother to listen through the whole story - i simply say not interested.

I use my office phone numbers & address. This way whoever telemarkets can only kachao me during office hours. I have peace after work, & when I travel, I dont pay for their irritating calls on autoroam.

OK if I borrow your idea? I like it :D

to be fair, when it came to the taka vouchers, i know of at least 3 parties who went, and came back satisfied. said that they tried to sell, but weren't overly pushy, that's fair enough.

i mean, you don't expect to just take $200 off them and run, do you?

to be fair, when it came to the taka vouchers, i know of at least 3 parties who went, and came back satisfied. said that they tried to sell, but weren't overly pushy, that's fair enough.

i mean, you don't expect to just take $200 off them and run, do you?

yeah...they were not pushy. just the obligatory sales pitch you have to sit thru to get the vouchers. this is unlike what i hear of other timeshare companies.

Yes. I told them to remove my name from the list and I still receive calls from them.

Indeed. The most crazy part is that, they ask if you are attached/married and ask to invite your partner. Later they will indicate you only get the so called freebie only when you and your partner attend the sales sesison together.

In the past they offer $200 cash card. Dunno anymore as I don't even bother to listen through the whole story - i simply say not interested.
Not crazy, any smart salesmen of high value items will do that. The reason is usually for high value items like property, timeshare etc, the easy way out is to say you need to discuss with your spouse.

In any case, the sales pitch is in your exchange for the voucher/free stay etc. if you want the voucher, then listen.

I have heard of great things said abt Marriot vacation club. In fact, timeshare is a good thing. Just that you need to understand the concept, go with a reputable company and have the time. The main grip is always you cannot book certain hotels during some peak season. But you think abt it and you will know why. They must use those period to earn the returns to give u free stay. Also, more people will think like you and book in advance. If they are all kiasu singaporean, then all the more unlikely to book it! LOL.

So the best people to buy timeshare is actually retiree. They have time to go any place at any time. If property A occupy, rent property B. Or book like 3-6 mths ahead also can. :p

I wonder why all the timeshare companies need to sell with gimmick like free vouchers, free talk, lucky draw, and sometimes even package as an overseas property scheme. Cant they just tell the customer they are selling timeshare and explain to the customer properly? (if they are so good??? :think:)

I attended a session at Mariott Vacation Club at Taka before. They do give out the vouchers for real. Only thing is that you need to stay through the entire session where they will try their darndest to sell you $30,000 worth of hotel stays ;)

Well, there is no gimmick with the Marriott Vacation Club as I have attended it before. What you need to do is spend 90mins of your time listening to all those "Rubbish" talks and at the end of the day MAKE SURE you do not buy their plan or idea or carry away by the presentation. You will promised what you will get your FREE $200 Voucher without obligation. Marriott Vacation Club claims that there are no timeshare company but holiday concept vacation. This timeshare companies always change their tactics and come with beautiful name to attract you claiming they are NOT RELATED to timeshare but they are Holiday Consultant. Once you buy their story, they will slaughter you with a HUGH sum as their proposed membership fee and said that you will entitle for this and that at very good and special price to holiday aboard.

If you will to sit down and think logically, why should you pay them such hugh sum of money to join as a member and at the end you still have to pay for your holiday and your membership does not have any value in the future. It is just a piece of paper to state that you are a member. You cannot even sell it off after that at any profit not like property whereby you can make money out of it. Their tactics are first offer you a sum and if you say you cannot afford it then they will ask you what holding you back and your budget. Next they will then hold you up and get their manager to talk to you again and try to convince you with another amount until you accept their offer. All those money you pay will go into the Manager, Sales Consultant and their teams' salaries. Don't you think you are stupid to pay them such money to feed all of them and you get nothing out of it, not even an interest ? Always REMEMBER - DO NOT ACCEPT THEIR OFFER and let them close the deal. You SHOULD CLOSED their deal NOT ACCEPTING the offer and get your FREE $200 Voucher as promised.::)

I've been to one of these.

It is not timeshare because in timeshare, a property is shared among X number of people. Example: If the property cost $520,000 then with 52 owners who share the time, it would cost $10,000 per owner. Each owner would have 1 week's use a year, and they can swap their use with another property in another location in the world that is owned by another person, etc... etc...

So, for Marriott to say it is not timeshare, it is true, because Marriott owns the property. What they are trying to do is to get you to "invest" in your future holidays, and you get to stay in Marriott owned or shared property round the world. They will ask you things like how much you spend on holidays, how many times a year... and use maths to show you it is worthwile to buy the package with them. They will show you great pictures, and throw in stuff so that it lures you. If all this fails, the manager will come and then do bargaining with you. I had a manager that was hard-selling me, which I did not like.

If you want to go for one of these, be firm that you are not going to buy. When I stepped in and met the sales guy, I told him already that I was not going to buy, and I know he has to do his presentation, and that I'll sit through it. Each time I ask him how much, he told me he cannot say (I wonder why), and said that the manager will come and talk to us later. At the end, he called his manager and this guy got a bit pushy. I rejected all his offers. He even tried to show me how it is an investment (what a joke!) and I told him that if I wanted to make an investment, I'd rather go for options that would have better returns... then he suan/insult me saying that if I know of such great investments, why am I sitting here?

So... I graciously sat through the barrage and went to collect my gift (which at that time was a 2 night stay in Rennasiance KL at a low rate... i think...).

My take is that if they want to give you something in exchange for your time, you have to ask yourself is it worth your time. They want couples to go so that they can use the couple thing to pressure each other (like when your wife gives you a sweet smile and say, "Honey, how nice if we could stay at such a place once a year...").

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.