Marina Barrage-Official Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
MBCS9.jpg

Hey...this was the NDP attire back in '96! bring back memories. They were construction workers in red with air-con pipes look-alike props. Haha...dont think it is the same set.....right?:dunno:;)

Hey...this was the NDP attire back in '96! bring back memories. They were construction workers in red with air-con pipes look-alike props. Haha...dont think it is the same set.....right?:dunno:;)

They were the modern dragon dancers. If they were the same , at least the dragons belong to the same Zodiac, being 12 years apart.
I think I must do something to the pic. The dancers look so red in my office PC.
Thanks Postman for your viewing and remarks.
EF

i see. By any chance they are from nan hua?

ur shots are great! make me want to go to the barrage to take some photos too :)

i see. By any chance they are from nan hua?

ur shots are great! make me want to go to the barrage to take some photos too :)

Not sure where they were from...
I'm glad you like the pics. They are quite ordinary but I will continue to work on it.
There are many, many threads on the Barrage. Some photos are out of this world!!
Thanks again.

#22 The Equalizer
When the tide is low and there is too much water (? from rain and rivers) in the reservoir, the gates will be lowered for the water to flow out to the sea.

4135.jpg

#22 Sea Sports
Not sure whether these were the on-going activities - canoeing club, wind surfers, yacht and other paddlers, or they were staged for the opening.
Everything, the sky, the sea and buidings, was grey, hazy and dull that day, and I have made it purplish blue!! Too tired to change the settings anymore......

5122.jpg

#23 Staccato
Interesting drill. The canoeist were taught by the instructor to balance standing up in the canoes and performed vertical jumps. Most of them were obviously frigthened and very reluctant to leave their feet off the canoes.
Maximum zoom with the 18-200mm. Images are fairly blurred after cropping. Posted it thinking that it's an unusual sight.

Canoe1.jpg

#24 The Pupils
Little girl spotted me when I was bored with all the opening speeches; so were they....

MBCS161.jpg

The natural affinity to beautiful things, and people.......

#25 Little dragon girl

girl61.jpg

#26 The Demure

girl52.jpg

#27 Beware of the Harpist

girls8.jpg

#28 We are the World, We are the People

girl71.jpg

SACCADES

clean and green singapore begins with recycling ndp attire? ;)

clean and green singapore begins with recycling ndp attire? ;)

Ha.. Not sure what they do nowadays.
In the old times, in schools (and my old ballet school), or may be even now at the Peoples Association, the costumes are collected back and stored after performances. I suppose they can be reused for "minor" events. Decades ago we used to borrow costumes ( Chinese dance especially) from the store (College store room for props ) for in-house celebrations. Save $$ and time. :angel:
I think they did not expect ppl to remember and recognise the ndp costumes. But I'm sure they will not use them again in another ndp.

#29 The Gallery
Security officers around for the VVIP. They were dismissed as soon as the VVIP completed his visit.

police.jpg

#30 Patterns

pattern6.jpg

#31 More patterns

pattern11.jpg

More patterns in the gallery. There were many exhibits in the gallery, interesting but a little diffused. Giving the impression that there were created for the sake of being there. May be I was too tired trying to focus on my photography and couldn't fully appreciate.

pattern21.jpg

pattern31.jpg

pattern4.jpg

i really like looking at your work...have u tried photographing ur own kids?

Thanks Bryan for viewing.
Hm...my kids are kind of grown, they are not 'cute' any more. ...I will certainly try on my grandchildren if they arrive before my hands start shaking (more). But before that I will remember you when they plan to get married (many more years I'm afraid). ;)
Very romantic and sensuous photos wedding you've taken. :thumbsup:
esther

Thanks Bryan for viewing.
Hm...my kids are kind of grown, they are not 'cute' any more. ...I will certainly try on my grandchildren if they arrive before my hands start shaking (more). But before that I will remember you when they plan to get married (many more years I'm afraid). ;)
Very romantic and sensuous photos wedding you've taken. :thumbsup:
esther

very kind words from u...looking forward to see more of your holiday trips and things u really like shooting. Maybe I should one day introduce my mum to photography to so she can take her worries off me and my bro. hahahah (ps: both of us are not horrid kids)

very kind words from u...looking forward to see more of your holiday trips and things u really like shooting. Maybe I should one day introduce my mum to photography to so she can take her worries off me and my bro. hahahah (ps: both of us are not horrid kids)

Mothers will never stop worrying for their children, I'm afraid. You (and your brother) have no escape. ....:bsmilie:

Other on-going activities:

#35 Event Recording
Saw them from afar rehearsing several times before actual recording/filming. Didn't look like staff from the Mediacorp.

activities.jpg

#36 The Laser Man
He was there early sorting out his equipment and the programme.

activities2.jpg

#37 The Laser Man
The big young man was relatively friendly. Didn't mind me looking around at his equipment. He had everything ready but wasn't sure what time he was supposed to start the laser show. "I just wait for the order."

activities3.jpg

#38 The Ensemble
There were actually many groups of musicians and singers. But the "celebration" was rather diffused, ie things were happening but I couldn't locate them. (blur..rr...)

activities4.jpg

#39 Behind the Scene
He was just in-charged of releasing the balloon, to a higher level when given the signal. I wondered where he was deployed from.

balloon_raiser.jpg

Thanks to your current thread, from the exif information of one of your flyer shots i managed to estimate and figure out the lens to bring for my flyer panorama last saturday!

Thank you Esther!

Ryan

Apparently all the costumes there were recycled...

Yellow Cheerleading suit - NDP 2006
Red Worker's suit - SYF 2005 / NDP 1996
White Dancer's suit - 1980's SYF (Goodness, older than me!)

Last edited:
Apparently all the costumes there were recycled...

Yellow Cheerleading suit - NDP 2006
Red Worker's suit - SYF 2005 / NDP 1996
White Dancer's suit - 1980's SYF (Goodness, older than me!)

Oh dear, I am sure the white ones couldn't be that old?!

Perhaps they were trying to practise what they preached:

bin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.