Manfrotto Tripod Strap or Tripod padded bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys..!!!!:cheers:
Really appreciated your value advice and comments....;)

Overall is still wise to invest on the tripod bag.
Cos I just got myself a CF tripod (Average range tripod, a bit on the high end side)
So to protect my investment and to avoid my heat pain.....

I did a search and found this.

Think tank photo tripod bag Bazzoka.

I like the part that able to extend the length of the bag and is fully padded
compare to Manafotto tripod bag. The weight is good and cost abt $90.
Only thing is cannot change the carry strap.

Anyone own this tripod bag?
Pls comment?

Ya lor.... there will be Pros and Cons...:cry:
Walking with 5 legs... is a pains man....:sweatsm:

ooh?!.. i meant it as a joke. those 3 others legs how can support my weight? :bsmilie: i 10kg oni mah?

the choice is urs. my CF tripod (2.4kg) legs ain't that fragile, i never used a bag when shooting. if going to sell off in future then protect it by all means.

ease of use without bag vs protecting investment

comfortwise, an elastic cord works very well on my lean frame. it extends when carrying & retracts (elastic mah) when shooting, sweet. :cool: geez, i have a DIY dedicated handle on my pod that works the same as a handle on a bag.

oh well, to each his own. :)

it's cumbersome when u need to carry ur deployed tripod on ur left shoulder, and the tripod bag on ur right shoulder.

for me i just use a cheap OEM strap, and leave it hanging when i carry the deployed tripod on my left or right shoulder when walking around.

no offence Moby, but the DIYed strap works for me for a long time. so i just share my idea.

as denniskee mentioned, shooting on the move constantly- less is more. why not shoot with 1 less item b4 buying?

add to that, it may be a hassle if there is no place decent to rest an additional bag. i go a variety of places to shoot at leisure, if u dun mind some grim or mud on the bag carry on. tips of tripod legs are much easier to maintain.

yah, doesn't look sexy walking with 5 legs :bsmilie:, but its faster. ;p

Dont worry Soreeyez, I am not so hypersentitive and touchy (only the genuine 3rd leg is. Ha Ha!!) :lovegrin:

ooh?!.. i meant it as a joke. those 3 others legs how can support my weight? :bsmilie: i 10kg oni mah?

the choice is urs. my CF tripod (2.4kg) legs ain't that fragile, i never used a bag when shooting. if going to sell off in future then protect it by all means.

ease of use without bag vs protecting investment

comfortwise, an elastic cord works very well on my lean frame. it extends when carrying & retracts (elastic mah) when shooting, sweet. :cool: geez, i have a DIY dedicated handle on my pod that works the same as a handle on a bag.

oh well, to each his own. :)

What your CF tripod weight 2.4kg??? I tot CF should be light?
Selling or not selling is still a Q mark lor....

So far I have not tested carry it around...
May be I just get a optech strap and carry it this weekend and see how is go.
I think for a Optech strap is still not that expensive compare to a tripod bag.
If the strap work well... then I can leave with it..

May I know what is the selling price for a Optech tripod strap??

it's cumbersome when u need to carry ur deployed tripod on ur left shoulder, and the tripod bag on ur right shoulder.

for me i just use a cheap OEM strap, and leave it hanging when i carry the deployed tripod on my left or right shoulder when walking around.

OK, I got your picture now.....
Fully understand how the image will be like....

What your CF tripod weight 2.4kg??? I tot CF should be light?

May I know what is the selling price for a Optech tripod strap??

its a Gitzo Explorer & there is quite a sizeable amount of metal on it. & 2.4kg includes the head as a whole. cant just state the weight of legs alone as its used together mah.

sorry i dun know the price of e Optech strap. oni know my strap & handle combo is under $30...

its a Gitzo Explorer & there is quite a sizeable amount of metal on it. & 2.4kg includes the head as a whole. cant just state the weight of legs alone as its used together mah.

sorry i dun know the price of e Optech strap. oni know my strap & handle combo is under $30...

Anyway .... thanks..!!! :D
Shall you and check out the price...

I use both a tripod bag and a strap. Use the tripod bag for storage, especially when traveling in the car as I don't want it to roll around/snag with other items, plus when on holiday I don't want prying eyes to know I have an expensive tripod (thieves will also assume there are other expensive gear) when I use a rented car. Also I dont want to bump into people when taking the train, so a bag is discreet and wont hurt others. Use the strap when I reach location.

I use both a tripod bag and a strap. Use the tripod bag for storage, especially when traveling in the car as I don't want it to roll around/snag with other items, plus when on holiday I don't want prying eyes to know I have an expensive tripod (thieves will also assume there are other expensive gear) when I use a rented car. Also I dont want to bump into people when taking the train, so a bag is discreet and wont hurt others. Use the strap when I reach location.

That also sound good....:think:
tripod bag for traveling, storage and tripod strap for local trip or walking aorund near by...

Thanks.. :angel:

so your bag are those generic ones and not one with GITZO printed across it :D

so your bag are those generic ones and not one with GITZO printed across it :D

tripod bags are quite standard length so one look they know you carrying tripod. only thing they don't know it's a cheapo or branded one.

i got one of those long bags kung fu students use to carry their sword and weapons to and from training. use it for my my light stands and don't even have to collapse the light stands completely to stow away.

if you need to get a tripod bag, OP has those padded ones with iirc three lengths to choose from. with a long enough shoulder strap, you can cross sling across your back when your tripod is deployed.

Was having the dilemna too of whether to get a padded bag - Think Tank Bazooka (Can get from TK Foto) or tripod strap or even a backpack to accommodate my tripod.

Came across this DIY tripod strap, pretty easy to do it & cost very little. The strap is the main component which you can get from sling bag.

http://lightingmods.blogspot.com/2008/06/diy-inexpensive-strap-mod.html

I got both the OpTech strap and TTP Bazooka. Bazooka will serve as protection when on trip and once at the location, will only use the strap.

i'm using manfrotto strap which cost me ard SGD50, to much money for a strap. oli use strap when shoulder bag. when I use my flipside 400, I will use the tripod holder instead.

imo not too worth spending so much on strap.

Bought a tripod strap from Eastgear, which I find it is good and not so expensive. Not sure are they still selling this now.

I got both the OpTech strap and TTP Bazooka. Bazooka will serve as protection when on trip and once at the location, will only use the strap.

I also got the same setup as you...
Optech is really help to reduce the weight and Bazooka is good for protection.
The thing I don't like is the strap you cant replace it. but overall is a good tripod bag.

Last edited:
I also got the same setup as you...
Optech is really help to reduce the weight and Bazooka is good for protection.
The thing I don't like is the strap you cant replace it. but overall is a good tripod bag.

Prior to getting the Bazooka, I got Manfrotto's padded tripod bag for my ex-055CLB because back then, TK didn't bring in the Bazooka. The bag was huge and equally cumbersome when there was nothing in it. After a trip, I sold it off and luckily Bazooka was available.

Though the strap can't be removed, its padding and changeable length more than make up for that little inconvenience.

One thing I do not like the OpTech is that one loop will be wrapped around the wing nut tightening the centre column and that makes it inconvenient to turn. The new Gitzo tripod strap will allow me to do so but it is not available locally.

Last edited:
May i know where you guys got the Bazooka bag?
Does it fit all type of tripod?

It has three sizes to fit different width of a folded tripod. You can also adjust its length to fit folded tripod from 40 to 79cm for Bazooka and 56 to 100cm for the Humongous Bazooka. It can be gotten from John 3:16 and TK.

Status
Not open for further replies.