Manchester United VI: TREBLE DREAM is ALIVE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville set to face Liverpool

Gary Neville has been named in the Reserves' squad to face Liverpool on Tuesday evening.

The Reds' club captain has been in full training and is set to step up his comeback against the Merseysiders at Warrington Wolves' Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Neville featured for the Reserves against Everton in January, scoring in a 45 minute cameo before being withdrawn with a tight hamstring. After nearly 11 months on the sidelines, he will hope for Tuesday's match to provide some much-needed match sharpness as he continues his recovery.

He is part of a strong squad named by Brian McClair and Jim Ryan, who will be eager for their side to regain a foothold in the Barclays Premier Reserve League title race.

A solitary point from recent matches against Blackburn and Wigan have damaged the Reds' hopes of a third title in four years, but victory over Gary Ablett's side, who head the table by six points, could kickstart a late charge.

Fans who wish to attend can purchase tickets at the stadium ticket office, and are encouraged to ask for South Stand terrace tickets when purchasing. Tickets are priced at £5 for Adults and £2 for concessions.

Tuesday's match kicks off at 7:30pm, and will also be shown on MUTV.

United squad: Heaton, Zieler; Neville, Pique, Simpson, Eckersley, Chester; Hewson, Cleverley, Possebon, S Evans, Jones; Eagles, Welbeck, Macheda, Bryan.

I think the rest of the uncles in the squard should join uncle Neville in the reserve squard!:bsmilie:;p:devil:

Fixture changes for Reds

All four of United's Premier League fixtures in April will be screened live on television.

The Reds' trip to the Riverside to face Middlesbrough has been put back 24 hours to Sunday 6 April, KO 13:30 GMT and will be live on Sky. However, the game will be postponed should either side be involved in an FA Cup semi-final.

Next up United entertain Arsenal at Old Trafford in what could be a virtual title decider. The match, originally scheduled for Saturday 12 April, will now take place on Sunday 13 April, KO 16:00 GMT and will be screened live on Sky.

The trip to Blackburn Rovers will be shown live on Setanta on Saturday 19 April, KO 17:15 GMT.

Finally, United's visit to Stamford Bridge to take on Chelsea will now kick-off at 12:45 GMT on Saturday 26 April. This will also be live on Sky.

So guys stay tuned!:devil:

the young lad realised he's got no future at liverfool......:devil: i think he made a very smart decision, hope he's up to the red devils' standard of play....:devil:

The other way round, Liv have no future. :bsmilie:

He might not be the best defender around but boy is he smart :bsmilie:

The other way round, Liv have no future. :bsmilie:

He might not be the best defender around but boy is he smart :bsmilie:

As Brown may not be signing his new contract hopefully he is capable of taking over Brown!:devil:

As Brown may not be signing his new contract hopefully he is capable of taking over Brown!:devil:

He? I think Danny Simpson/Gerard Pique is the better choice. Or buy Lahm from BM. :devil:

I never think Brown is among the starting eleven....he is clumpsy and as a full back....weak in going forward....the good thing about him is he is rather quick, a fairly good header and can play center defence if necessary.....MU should promote Danny since he has a couple more years a head...can also reward Pique for his loyalty to staying put....IMO he does not have enought game to justify his present :thumbsup:

I never think Brown is among the starting eleven....he is clumpsy and as a full back....weak in going forward....the good thing about him is he is rather quick, a fairly good header and can play center defence if necessary.....MU should promote Danny since he has a couple more years a head...can also reward Pique for his loyalty to staying put....IMO he does not have enought game to justify his present :thumbsup:

I fancy Danny Simpson at right back though he lacks experience. Then again this is the phase every player has to go through.

Yeah man... this 2 youngster are very promising should start more games!:devil:

Yeah man... this 2 youngster are very promising should start more games!:devil:

I think both Danny Simpson and Gerard Pique has got a very good chance to play next season when Brown leaves as so far after Heinze left last summer, Fergie have not sign any defender.

2-0 on half time!!!!!!!!!11

Hargreaves and Park

FINALLY, some asian pride there ;p

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh yes! Only a pt difference. Arsenal damn lucky to get a goal at the last min. Our title defence is going well. :devil:

Hargreaves' goal was damn cool. Excellent FK and finally Park gets a goal.

Oh yes! Only a pt difference. Arsenal damn lucky to get a goal at the last min. Our title defence is going well. :devil:

Hargreaves' goal was damn cool. Excellent FK and finally Park gets a goal.

Well Aston V not exactly a team who knows how to hold on to the slender lead. They are not there yet.

Well Aston V not exactly a team who knows how to hold on to the slender lead. They are not there yet.

Its ok la...... as long as Villa prevent them from getting the full 3pts can le... the rest we can settle when they come to OT for the second time this season for another round of ......:bsmilie::devil:

Reds quell Benzema reports

Sir Alex Ferguson has moved to clear the air between United and Lyon over speculation linking the French club’s star striker Karim Benzema with a move to Old Trafford.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas complained that United have expressed an interest in the highly-rated 20-year-old striker, which they say is “destabilising”.

But the Reds boss says he has never publicly said that he wants to sign Benzema, and instead has merely commented on his qualities as a player and the threat he poses to United’s hopes of reaching the Champions League quarter finals.

“When you are asked about the quality of a player, you give an honest opinion,” said Sir Alex.

“He is a good player. But we have said the same about Juninho, [Hatem] Ben Arf, and [Jeremy] Toulalan.

"I think [Aulas] is being a little bit mischievous. We have never said that we are interested in Benzema. I haven’t said it yet, and I don’t say we are interested now."

:devil:

Boss hails Reds' professionalism

Sir Alex Ferguson praised his squad's professionalism after the Reds convincing 3-0 victory over Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Owen Hargreaves opened the scoring - and his United account - on 16 minutes with a beautiful curling free kick. Ji-sung Park bagged his first goal for nearly a year right on half-time, before a Simon Davies own goal wrapped up the points for United.

"I didn't think we were special, but it was a windy day and in these conditions you need to have good concentration and I think we did the job well and very professionally," Sir Alex told MUTV afterwards.

"I don't think Fulham posed a great threat to us inside in the area, but elsewhere on the pitch they played some good stuff and pressed us well. So that was a test for us.

"Ji-sung's goal killed them really. It was a good goal and I'm pleased for Ji because it's his first in nearly a year. It was also good to see Owen [Hargreaves] get off the mark. I've seen him take free kicks in training and he's very good as he proved today."

The United boss made five changes to the team that so emphatically brushed aside Newcastle last weekend. And the players that came in did their manager proud.

"You have to have faith in your squad and trust the players, and the team I picked today showed a great desire and worked very hard," explained Sir Alex.

"The pleasing thing for me was I was able to use my squad with Tuesday's game with Lyon in mind. It was vital for us to rest Rooney and Ronaldo for that match."

United's win, coupled with Arsenal's draw at home to Aston Villa, means the Gunners' lead at the top of the table is down to one point. Chelsea's 4-0 victory at West Ham has ensured Avram Grant's men are still in with a shout and Sir Alex believes there will be a few more twists and turns before the season's finale.

"The title race has been like a see-saw of late," he said. "We were ahead, then Arsenal went five points clear, now the gap is back to one point.

"And, of course, we're both looking over our shoulders at Chelsea, who enjoyed an emphatic win at West Ham. So it looks as if it's going to be a fantastic run-in.

"The important for us is to keep our momentum going. The players are showing a great appetite to play and the team spirit is very good. Results like those in the last two games against Newcastle and Fulham will only help that."

Sir Alex's selection dilemma

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he has a selection dilemma on his hands for Tuesday's Champions League clash with Lyon at Old Trafford.

The United boss opted to start Saturday's win at Fulham without Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Anderson, who were all on the bench.

Louis Saha, Owen Hargreaves and Ji-sung Park all came into the side with the latter two getting on the scoresheet.

Darren Fletcher and Michael Carrick, who both impressed in midfield in the recent wins over Arsenal and Newcastle, were left out of the squad completely.

Ryan Giggs and Nemanja Vidic were absent through injury, but both should be fit for the last Reds' last 16 tie with the French champions.

"Picking the team for Tuesday is a real headache," admitted the United boss on MUTV. "I had one team in mind before the Fulham victory, but I changed my mind at half-time!"

"We've got to win against Lyon - it's a massive game for the club. All the players realise that."

Its ok la...... as long as Villa prevent them from getting the full 3pts can le... the rest we can settle when they come to OT for the second time this season for another round of ......:bsmilie::devil:

As much as I was surprised Villa was leading till the last seconds, I was hoping for Villa victory.

Sheringham to hang up boots at age of 42

Former England striker Teddy Sheringham has announced he will retire at the end of the season.

The 41-year-old, who won 51 caps for his country, will see out the rest of the campaign with Coca-Cola Championship Colchester before hanging up his boots.

Sheringham had two stints with Tottenham and played for six other clubs - famously helping Manchester United win the Champions League in 1999 - in a career spanning 26 years.

Sheringham said: 'After a long and fun-filled career I have decided that this season will be my last.

'I've had a fantastic time and want to thank all those that have contributed to my career and helped me along the way.

'I've no immediate thoughts about going into management but football has always been my life and hopefully I will be back at some point in the future.

'Until then I have to try and help Colchester United stay in the Championship.'

Sheringham agreed a one-year deal with Colchester after being released by West Ham last summer.

He admitted he could have looked to continue but had no desire to emulate Sir Stanley Matthews by playing on until the age of 50.

Sheringham, 42 in April, added: 'My Dad wanted me to carry on and beat Sir Stanley Matthews' record but I feel this season is the right time to bow out.'

Sheringham made his name with Millwall, where he began his career as an apprentice, after helping the London club into the top flight in 1988.

He moved on to Nottingham Forest in 1991 before beginning his first spell at Tottenham a year later and breaking into the England side.

He joined United in 1997 and will forever be remembered at Old Trafford for scoring the late equaliser against Bayern Munich in the 1999 Champions League final in Barcelona.

A return to Tottenham followed before he featured in Portsmouth's first season back in the Premier League in 2003-04. He then stepped down a division to help West Ham to promotion and appeared in the 2006 FA Cup final.

Due to his passing ability and vision - as well as his finishing - Sheringham was seen as an ideal second striker and built up a fearsome partnership with Alan Shearer for England.

He went into Euro 96 under a cloud after being caught drinking prior to the tournament but he went on to play a key role as England reached the semi-finals.

His final international appearance came in England's World Cup quarter-final loss to Brazil in 2002.

He added: 'I think it's a good time to announce my retirement from international football as well!'

Another legend lives on!:devil:

As much as I was surprised Villa was leading till the last seconds, I was hoping for Villa victory.

Yeah...damn....they just can't hold on for 30 more seconds.....it was perpetually the last kick of the match....anybody just sweep or head the ball far out and the 3 points is in the bag ;( ...no wonder O'neil have lesser and lesser hair nowadays :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.