Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ai yah! Man u just fortunate that Chelsea was bad mood that day!

Gunners also fortunate this season able to lead the table without much challenge!;)

Gunners also fortunate this season able to lead the table without much challenge!;)

The best team they faced is Spurs? :bsmilie: Wait till Oct/Nov when the top clubs play them.

is ok man utd would top table soon , let see hw long can arsenal last , hehe

Ronaldino moving to Stamford Bridge for 70 million pounds. Anyone read this in this morning's papers?

Saw that in the papers 70 million pounds a little over Roman tryingto create world record in transfer fees!!!:confused:

I think it is overrated lah... At this time Ronaldhino is desprate to get out of barac think half price he will also move.
Dun understand why he so keen on the blues and playing under a guy who have no football back ground n thinking champions can be bought by $$$, and dun wat is the future have install for the team!:confused: :devil:

Youth given chance to shine

Sir Alex Ferguson says United's youngsters can look to Sir Bobby Charlton for inspiration ahead of the Reds' Carling Cup clash with Coventry City.

A number of players will gain rare first-team starts on Wednesday night and the United manager says it's up to them to make the most of the opportunity.

"I've just been reading Bobby's book and he speaks a lot about his early years here," the manager told Manchester United Radio. "What came across strongly was the number of times he had to say, 'Believe in yourself Bobby, you'll get your chance'. I didn't realise he was 19 before he played his first game for United. He was being kept out of the team time and time again by more experienced players.

"It's the same with these young lads. They have to keep believing in themselves and, when their chance comes, take it. And they will get chances."

Sir Alex revealed he hopes to hand opportunities to almost a dozen Reserves or fringe players, including Gerard Pique, Chris Eagles and Tomasz Kuszczak. He also said Nani, Anderson and John O'Shea could be involved.

"This is a really important night for these players. They all want regular first-team football and that's not easy to manage. I'm trying to get them games in the Premier League and in Europe too, but Wednesday is a great opportunity for them.

"You have to use your squad throughout the course of the season and I'll be doing that when the time's right. At the moment they might not see that, but it will happen and I know they won't let us down.

"A lot of these players have already shown great improvement. Chris Eagles has been sensational in training and the games he's played in. Young Jonny Evans and Gerard Pique have also been excellent, as has Danny Simpson.

"There's real promise there and that's what we want to see on Wednesday. We want them to play with the kind of commitment they see from the first-team players every week."

:devil:

Match Pack: Coventry

Wednesday's Carling Cup clash will be the 83rd meeting between United and Coventry. The Reds have won more than half (42) of those, with Coventry emerging triumphant just 22 times. The last time the Midlands club won at Old Trafford was in April 1989.

Form guide: The Reds might not be scoring freely, but Sir Alex's men have picked up maximum points from the last five games. Sunday's win over Chelsea saw United record their first win by more than a single goal since the Reds beat Everton 4-2 last season. Meanwhile, Coventry City are coming off the back of a 4-1 thumping at the hands of Ipswich Town. The Sky Blues are currently eighth in the Championship.

Ins and outs: Expect lots of changes from United, as Sir Alex continues to employ his squad rotation policy. This will be the perfect chance for the likes of Gerard Pique, Jonny Evans, Dong Fangzhuo and Tomasz Kuzczak to shine. We could also see Owen Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson. Coventry have had a number of injuries recently, with Michael Hughes, Robert Page and Kevin Kyle all ruled out. Meanwhile, David McNamee, Colin Hawkins and Julian Gray are also struggling to prove their fitness.

Star men: Gerard Pique showed his talent in La Liga last season and the Spanish defender will be keen to prove he can do the same in England. The visitors' hopes will be pinned largely on former Wigan defender Arjan De Zeeuw, but also keep an eye out for Maltese striker Michael Mifsud, who's notched twice already in the Carling Cup this season.

What are the odds? Betfred have United as 1/4 favourites to win, although Coventry are a decent bet at 15/2. Backing Chris Eagles as first scorer might be worth a shot, especially with odds of 10/1. For all the markets, visit www.manutd.com/bet

Have your say: Will United's youngsters be strong enough to beat Coventry City on Wednesday night? Vote at www.manutd.com/polls

Saw that in the papers 70 million pounds a little over Roman tryingto create world record in transfer fees!!!:confused:

I think it is overrated lah... At this time Ronaldhino is desprate to get out of barac think half price he will also move.
Dun understand why he so keen on the blues and playing under a guy who have no football back ground n thinking champions can be bought by $$$, and dun wat is the future have install for the team!:confused: :devil:

I couldn't agree more bro. With Mourinho's departure & looking at the way they played, I think a lot of their players may want to leave as well. Lampard would be the 1st I think with just a year's contract left. Maybe, we can grab him as well. :think:

Ronaldino moving to Stamford Bridge for 70 million pounds. Anyone read this in this morning's papers?

dont care lah bro.... last year they bought blackblack & samesameko, they look unbeatable......some more ManU sold Van da Man..... but what happen??........:devil::devil:

dont care lah bro.... last year they bought blackblack & samesameko, they look unbeatable......some more ManU sold Van da Man..... but what happen??........:devil::devil:

That's true. Given their morale is so low now. They really need a big boost to bring the morale back to the level again.

I couldn't agree more bro. With Mourinho's departure & looking at the way they played, I think a lot of their players may want to leave as well. Lampard would be the 1st I think with just a year's contract left. Maybe, we can grab him as well. :think:

Drogba will be following soon he say he will go where Mourinho go!:devil:

11 more hours to go! Man u to win 3-0 against conventry!

1 more will be facing Roma at OT another 7-0?:bsmilie: Dun think so! Before that we show the REDS which they can beat at their own backyard Anfield, how to beat Birmingham at their own home ground!:devil:

11 more hours to go! Man u to win 3-0 against conventry!

1 more will be facing Roma at OT another 7-0?:bsmilie: Dun think so! Before that we show the REDS which they can beat at their own backyard Anfield, how to beat Birmingham at their own home ground!:devil:

Rooney shd give chance to other youngsters , he has no form , slow and clumsy
This weekend , Saha and Tevez shd start

Roman wanna DIY liao. He might as well install himself as manager and declare as 'The special rich one'. :bsmilie:

man utd stumbled!! the lineup all youngsters..

Roman wanna DIY liao. He might as well install himself as manager and declare as 'The special rich one'. :bsmilie:

He already declare himself as th Special 'special' one!:bsmilie:

And SAF and Man Utd set to oppose Grant's Pro Licence bid

Manchester United are likely to oppose any bid by Chelsea for the Premier League to provide Avram Grant special dispensation to manage the club without a UEFA Pro Licence.

Chelsea are currently investigating to see whether Grant's Israeli qualifications are viewed as the equivalent of the Pro Licence, or whether he would be allowed to coach if he began the courses to achieve the full level.

They have a 12-week period of grace before the league have to rule.

United voted against both Glenn Roeder and Gareth Southgate being given dispensation by the league - they were the only one of the 20 clubs to do so - and it is understood they are likely to do so again if the Grant situation goes to a vote too.

UEFA sources say Grant's Israeli qualifications are only equivalent to their A licence - the Israeli FA has only this year been endorsed to provide the full Pro Licence.

However as Grant, 52, is a former manager of the Israel national team it is possible his country's FA may decide to award him the Pro Licence anyway.

The Pro Licence is a level above the A licence. It takes 12 months to complete and consists of a minimum of 240 hours - of which 90 hours are practical - and usually includes a residential course.

The first time i read this was thinking maybe SAF is donig Mourino a favour to get back at the blues:bsmilie:

I feel that it's quite alright. It's good to give youngsters a chance to have a taste of the real game.

Agreed youngster should be given the chance n gain experience, will do the same if i were in the situation!
Rather they stumble in the Carling cup then they struggle in EPL, CL n FA CUP competition!:devil:

carling cup winner cannot win the EPL crown :devil:...... carling cup oni consolation cup......:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.