Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wah...heng we wrapped up the title early early... :sweatsm:

if goes down to the last game of the season to decide...we jialat... :sweat:

That was what happened on the last day of 95 season. Blackburn lost their last game and Man Utd need to beat West Ham but can only draw. Their GK had a blinder!

boring match..time for SAF to buy Tevez...

SAF was offered Tevez and Mascharano back then before this season started but he rejected due to the 'funny' deal.

WooHoo! See that?! :devil:

Boss hails wonderful year

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson thanked the supporters in address to the Old Trafford crowd after United lifted the Premiership trophy.

He also praised his players for what he described as "a fantastic, wonderful season".

"It's been a fantastic season for our club, for every one of us," he said, addressing the United fans. "The supporters, the staff, these lads (the players), I can't speak highly enough of them. It's been a wonderful year and we thank you for your support. We hope now that we can add to it next season."

The boss is hoping it isn't the last trophy United lift this season, with a chance to claim the double in the FA Cup final against Chelsea next Saturday. Before signing off, Sir Alex added: "And next week [at the cup final], let's hear you!"

"It was fantastic," he said of lifting his ninth Premiership title during 20 years at the club. "It's a special team and a special club. And the supporters deserve it, they were absolutely fantastic."

The boss also added that the Premiership trophy was the one piece of silverware he had set his targets on this season. "Absolutely. The rivalry of the Premier League is intense. And, of course, with Chelsea spending all that money and winning it at a canter in the last two seasons, we had to do something about it. As a club we had to represent what challenge means. And I think we've done it the right way.

“I’m already looking forward to next season," he added. "Let’s get on with it. I’m looking forward to this young team developing, maturing and going onto to win a European trophy as well as pushing for the league.”

:devil:

Trio win league honours
It was a day for trophies at Old Trafford on Sunday with Sir Alex Ferguson, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ryan Giggs all picking up season awards before the match against West Ham had even kicked off.

The Reds, who lifted the Premiership trophy after the game, won a hat-trick of accolades before it.

Ronaldo added to his seemingly endless collection of awards for his performances this term, with the Barclays Player of the Season.

Sir Alex was named Barclays Premiership Manager of the Season.

Giggs was given a special merit award for reaching nine Premiership title success, which took him beyond Liverpool's Phil Neal as English league football's most decorated player in the top flight.

As usual Ronaldo collecting awards think should give him an award for collecting the most award in a single season!:bsmilie:

Its been some time snice Giggsy last won an award!:cheers: :devil:

Neville: We deserve crown
United skipper Gary Neville says the Reds fully deserved to be crowned Premiership champions, but he urged his team-mates to now fully focus on lifting the FA Cup.

Neville lifted his seventh league trophy on Sunday, his first as captain, but urged the Reds to make it a “special” season by doing the double.

“There were times in the last three years where we felt really low,” he admitted on MUTV. “We probably weren’t consistent enough to win it, we didn’t deserve to be champions.

"But this year we deserve it. It’s a fantastic day for the club. It’s important to savour the moment, but we’ve got a huge game next week.

“We’ve had a great week, but the focus at United is to move on and we have to think about the cup final next week and make it a really special season.”

Neville, who has been suffering with an ankle injury and hasn’t played 17 March, will start football training on Monday and, according to Sir Alex, “will be given every chance” of making the final. But his place is by no means assured. “I’ll be there,” he said. “I don’t know if I’ll be playing, but I hope I will.”

Celebrations sweet for Smith
The Premiership title celebrations at Old Trafford on Sunday were all the sweeter for United striker Alan Smith as he thinks back to a little over a year ago when he was out with a serious broken leg injury.

The Reds’ front man has played an important role for the Reds since March when Henrik Larsson’s loan spell ended and bearing Louis Saha’s ongoing injury problems.

“It feels unbelievable,” Smith told MUTV. “I’ve come a long way since getting injured against Liverpool last February. It’s an unbelievable feeling being out there lifting the trophy.

“All the hours put in at the gym, playing for the reserves - all that hard work – today is what it’s all for.”

But the feisty forward isn’t just settling for title glory, and hopes to add an FA Cup winners’ medal at Wembley next week.

“We’ll enjoy tonight, but we’re looking forward to next Saturday and we don’t want to lose the first final at the new Wembley,” he said. “The lads in the dressing room are desperate to win it. We’ll be up for it.”

Rooney: No greater feeling
Wayne Rooney was almost lost for words on Sunday after collecting his first Premiership winner's medal.

United's ecstatic number eight told MUTV: "I'm delighted. It's what all the hard work this season has been for.

"There's no greater feeling out there. It's fantastic. It's brilliant but really hard to explain. I'm absolutely delighted, I can't put into words, it's unbelievable."

Rooney's enjoyment of winning the title was enhanced by the enormity of the task. Wayne had tried twice before to win the Premiership with United, losing out to Chelsea in both years, and the Reds also missed out in the term before he joined the club from Everton.

"It's a massive tournament for us to win," said Wayne.

"We've had 38 tough games so to come out on top of that league is great for us. Hopefully we won't have to wait for another four years to win it again."

Now Wayne is targeting another personal first - an FA Cup winner's medal, having been a runner-up with the Reds at the end of his debut season 2004/05.

"We can't go too far with our (title) celebrations," warned Wayne. "We have to make sure we're ready for the cup final on Saturday."

this trophy must mean a lot for the lads who hasnt lifted b4, such as smith, fletcher, richardson, carrick, rooney, ronaldo and many others.....

this trophy must mean a lot for the lads who hasnt lifted b4, such as smith, fletcher, richardson, carrick, rooney, ronaldo and many others.....

Yeah, many of them especially the youngsters collected their first EPL medal, hopefully more to come, while to Giggs his hobby is collecting medals - so far 9 EPL medals, 1 CL medal, League Cup medal and don't know how many FA Cup medals. He must have a big cabinet for displaying all his medals. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :devil:

Wow, Ronaldo added another 2 awards to this golden harvest of titles this seasons besides the following 5 which he already won.

PFA Player of the Year
PFA Young Player of the Year
PFA Fans' Player of the Year
Football Writers Assn Footballer of The Year Award
Portugal Sportsman of The Year

Now he has added the EPL Champion 06/07 medal and Barclays Premiership Player of the Season to his haul. Well done, Ronaldo! Bravo! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :devil: :devil:

Wow, Ronaldo added another 2 awards to this golden harvest of titles this seasons besides the following 5 which he already won.

PFA Player of the Year
Football Writers Assn Footballer of The Year Award
Portugal Sportsman of The Year

Now he has added the EPL Champion 06/07 medal and Barclays Premiership Player of the Season to his haul. Well done, Ronaldo! Bravo!

His come back is very amazing. Just a year ago, he was the bad guy and suppost to have no future at the club. But now, he pratically sweep the floor!

Champions again!

lol! Liverpool, this is how the trophy looks like!

Believe it or not, this is Van der Sar's 1st league title! Vidic, Evra, Heinze and Park also never win before.

Only those in the team of 03 win before.

Omg, Ronaldo again! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bsmilie: :devil: :devil:

Ronaldo's awards 2006/07

Barclays Player of the Month (November, December)
PFA Fans' Player of the Month (October, February)
PFA Player of the Year
PFA Premiership Team of the Year
Football Writers' Footballer of the Year
Barclays Player of the Season
Portuguese Sports Personality
Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year
Players' Player of the Year

Believe it or not, this is Van der Sar's 1st league title! Vidic, Evra, Heinze and Park also never win before.

Only those in the team of 03 win before.

Ya ... snice then there was quite a no of changes, come n go, cut n chop, ship n shape the team to lfit the cup this season.... but 3yrs is abit long to shape a team like Man U! :devil:

Anyway season wrapped up, the next 1 or 2 season need to look out for the young gunners as they are a team wif more hunger then the present one! If they learn to play without the likes of TH.;)

Omg, Ronaldo again! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bsmilie: :devil: :devil:

Ronaldo's awards 2006/07

Barclays Player of the Month (November, December)
PFA Fans' Player of the Month (October, February)
PFA Player of the Year
PFA Premiership Team of the Year
Football Writers' Footballer of the Year
Barclays Player of the Season
Portuguese Sports Personality
Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year
Players' Player of the Year

Wow... Really no horse run -__-|||

Boss calls for fitting final

Sir Alex Ferguson claims United and Chelsea have a responsibility to serve up an entertaining FA Cup final this weekend.

The Premiership's top two teams will contest the first final to be held at the renovated Wembley, and the United Manager admits such an occasion deserves a fitting spectacle.

"We do want a good FA Cup final," he said. "We want to see a game that represents the English game the right way. We talk about the improvement in the English game and about three teams getting to the Champions League semi-finals.

"It’s probably the best league in Europe now, so it’s an opportunity for both teams to give a display which shows they’re right two to play at the new Wembley. I think both of us will be thinking that way."

Although both sides go into the game in far from ideal form - United have one win in four games while Chelsea have drawn five straight - Sir Alex is confident of victory.

"If they play their best team and we play our best team, I wouldn’t worry about that," he said. "I think we’re going there with confidence with players that can handle that situation.

"We’ve got players who can win games and you’re better having players who can win games than not. We’ve demonstrated that very strongly this season.

"Winning the FA Cup is a special event. We’ve lost at Wembley, when we lost 1-0 to Everton, so to me the only way you can enjoy Wembley is by winning.

"We’re going there with good confidence, we’ve won the league and touch wood I’ll get the players I need for next Saturday, then I’ll start getting myself and the team ready for a really good game."

Think the lads should be in great mood for the double!

Wembely here we come!!! Double here we come!!!:bsmilie:

Gill promises summer funds

United have only just collected the Premiership trophy, but chief executive David Gill is already promising investment in new players this summer to strengthen the Reds' push for a tenth title under Sir Alex Ferguson.

There were jubilant scenes at Old Trafford after Sunday's encounter with West Ham and Gill assured fans the club will do all it can to ensure next season is just as memorable.

"You can't just assume the success you've achieved will continue," Gill told Manchester United Radio.

"You have to always look to improve and invest, and that's what we're going to do. We've got a great team who have done very well and we'll be looking to tweak it here and there.

"Manchester United has been – and always will be – a club that buys players as well as giving youth its chance. And that's what we'll see next year and for many years to come."

Gill admitted the 2006/07 title tasted especially sweet after going without for the last three seasons.

"It's a good feeling all round for everybody associated with the club. As we prepared for the season and brought in new players, we wanted to have a good go at Chelsea. The fact that we hadn't won the title for three seasons meant we wanted to get it back.

"This is truly a team effort – obviously from Alex, his coaches and the players, but also the people selling the tickets, preparing the stadium, making the food, and, of course, the fans. It's been a brilliant recovery."

He also reiterated the role United's owners have played in this season's campaign.

"The Glazer family understands the sports business and know that success on the pitch is key to success off the pitch," Gill said.

"Before they'd taken over there was a lot of talk about what the ownership structure was going to be and we had the disciplines of the stock exchange to follow. I think now, with the private ownership, we have stability and can concentrate on delivering a great team on the pitch."

Sir Alex , meanwhile, confirmed the club are continuing to monitor targets, but insists it is imperative to get the right players.

"Any time you bring a player into a winning team you have to measure whether it’s going to improve you," he said. "We’re doing that at the moment with some players.

"Assessing what we’ve got is hopefully right, and if we do bring someone in they’ll contribute and compliment the team or the squad."

Atletico loath to lose Torres

Supposed United target Fernando Torres will not be leaving Atletico Madrid, according to club president Enrique Cerezo.

The Spanish international striker has been consistently linked with United in recent years, while Liverpool are also allegedly in the hunt for his signature.

However, Cerenzo told Television Espanola: "Everyone talks about rumours and figures, but no-one has been in touch. We always have the same problem with him.

"Every year, either at the start of the season, midway through the season or at the end, it is the same. Torres is an Atletico Madrid player and I think he is going to remain with the team for many years."

Atletico are confident that Torres, who pledged his future to the club last summer in order to end transfer speculation, remains happy at the club.

"He is an Atletico Madrid player, he is very well at Atletico Madrid, the fans want him and we want him," said Cerenzo. "Neither is he for sale nor do I think is going to leave."

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Reds set for Inter friendly

Newly-crowned Premiership champions, United will take on Serie A winners Internazionale in a friendly in August as part of the Reds’ pre-season schedule.

Sir Alex Ferguson is taking his nine-time title winners to the Far East in July for a four-nation tour which takes in Japan, Korea, China and Malaysia.

But the Reds will then return to England to continue preparations for the new season to defend the title, and Internazionale will be one of United’s first tests on Wednesday 1 August at Old Trafford.

Inter ran away with the Scudetto this season, ending the season in Italy with an impressive 93 points from 36 games, a mammoth 21 points clear of second-placed AS Roma, and 32 ahead of Lazio, who finished third.

In competitive terms, the Reds last met Inter on the way to the 1999 Treble, defeating the Nerazzurri over two legs in the quarter final of the Champions League.

Further information on the match, including how to obtain tickets, will be announced on ManUtd.com at a later date.

:confused: Seems like they cant have enough of Italians!:bsmilie:

Reds set for Inter friendly

:confused: Seems like they cant have enough of Italians!:bsmilie:

the more they play the italians, the more they will learn about their game, about their tactics....and the more they should feel humbled at times by the italian's skill and deception....

i can only see goodness that Man U can benefit from!

Status
Not open for further replies.