Man Utd XVII: 15/16 Pre-Season kopi-talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd half players
Lindegaard, McNair, Smalling, Evans, Blackett, Lingard, Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Pereira, Januzaj, Wilson

Pereira is damn good.. Much better than Januzaj.. If Januzaj can find his form and confidence then we have 2 very good young players..

Maybe that's why LVG is willing to let go of Di Maria..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

73min - A scare for United as Club America forward Alejandro Diaz hits the post after good work down the left

FULL-TIME: Man Utd 1-0 Club America. Schneiderlin debut goal settles it.

Saw the replay game. IMO Man U still needs a lot of games play together. Rooney not impressive so far. The penetration from defense to mid field to striker not flowing enough. Hopefully a new center back and better strike force are coming soon. More training between the new players and old guards in foreseeable before season begins with game against Spurs. America players passing were quite precise and sharp. We need more penetrating passing not just square passing, you got what I meant. Our forward wingers got to take on opposing right and left backs more often. Let's see how the next few pre-season games.

UNITED’S €100M MULLER OFFER

Sticking with Manchester United, and Louis van Gaal has made a record offer for Bayern Munich's Thomas Muller, according to Munich-based TV station Sport1,

The station claims a €100m (around £69.5m) bid has been rejected by Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

source

Ángel Di María wants to join Paris St-Germain but the Manchester United want £52m for the Argentine.

Bayern Munich captain Philipp Lahm admits he cannot guarantee that Thomas Muller will not follow Bastian Schweinsteiger to Manchester United.

Reports in Germany have claimed that United are preparing to table a big-money move for the forward.

United boss Louis van Gaal revealed on Monday evening that he is interested in signing a "mystery" striker - one that had not previously been linked by the media with a move to Old Trafford.

Continue

Same starting line up against San Jose Earthquakes

Johnstone, Darmian, Jones, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Young, Mata, Memphis, Rooney

The teams are out on the pitch in San Jose, with kick-off just minutes away.

1' - We're under way in San Jose

4min - Memphis' shot is too hot to handle for Quakes goalkeeper David Bingham, but neither Wayne Rooney not Juan Mata can capitalise.

Just learned that the players are wearing black armbands in tribute of Professor in Orthoptics, Dr. Gail Stephenson, who had convinced Sir Alex Ferguson to ditch the grey strip away kit. [01] [02] [03].

Terrible pitch at the Avaya Stadium by the way.

Last edited:
HT: United 2 San Jose 1. Mata and Memphis netted before the hometown team pulled one back before the break.

FT United 3 San Jose 1. Andreas Pereira score the last one.

Louis van Gaal criticises Bastian Schweinsteiger after Man Utd tour win.

Louis van Gaal criticised new signing Bastian Schweinsteiger and his team-mates after Manchester United eased to a 3-1 victory over the San Jose Earthquakes in California.

United recorded a second straight victory on their US tour and never really looked troubled against their mid-table opponents from the MLS.

Juan Mata and Memphis Depay scored first-half goals for United before Brazilian youngster Andreas Pereira added a third in the second half.

But United boss Van Gaal was furious at the performance of his team after the break when he made 10 changes, including the introduction of Schweinsteiger.

"The first half I was satisfied - the players have performed what we wanted in the defensive organisation, and they have created a lot of chances, 10, and they scored two goals so I was satisfied," Van Gaal said.

"But the second half I thought we played very bad - a lot of ball losses, very unnecessary. The only highlight was the goal from Pereira.

"We didn't give many chances away but we gave possibilities away. It was a threat always and that was not necessary.

"Our positions in midfield were not so good as in the first half."

Asked to assess the performance of new signing Schweinsteiger, Van Gaal did not mince his words.

"He was also bad," Van Gaal added. "Players can play bad, certainly when you have only three days or six days training session in your legs and you have to play 45 minutes.

"Everybody can think it is easy to step in but it is not easy. I thought the first match (Schweinsteiger) played very well and now he played bad but that is also a process."

LVG criticises Schweinsteiger

Last edited:
Pedro to Manchester United could be completed by the end of the week.

The fee for Pedro would be €26m + €4m add ons, meaning he would cost around £20m, good bargain?:think:

Young Reds defender joins Wigan Athletic

Reece James has joined Wigan Athletic on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old Bacup-born defender signed professional forms in 2012 and he became an important part of Warren Joyce’s Under-21s side, but it was in summer 2014 that he came to prominence when Louis van Gaal included him in his squad for the pre-season tour in the US.

Playing in the left wing-back role, he scored twice on an incredible first senior outing for the Reds against LA Galaxy – his first goal in a United shirt at any level.

After that auspicious start, Reece was named on the bench for the Premier League’s opening fixture against Swansea City and he made his competitive debut the following month, in the League Cup defeat to MK Dons, and that remains his sole first-team appearance to date.

Later in 2014/15, he enjoyed loan spells with Championship clubs Rotherham and Huddersfield Town, which will prepare him well for life with League One Wigan.

Everyone at Manchester United would like to wish Reece well in the future.

Another leaving

IBRA: ME AND LVG WOULD FIGHT

PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says Louis van Gaal does not work in his preferred style, but does not mind the of disagreeing with the Dutchman.

Manchester United manager Van Gaal hinted that he is in the market for a striker, and several UK newspapers have suggested the Sweden international could be the target.

“He was a director in Ajax, and the way he is working is not the way I work," he told Sports Illustrated. “At the end, I think he is professional and I am professional.

"Whoever I work with, I never had this kind of problems, because at the end I need to do my job, he needs to do his job. And I think a lot of fights would happen, but that's something I like.”

source

Seems like he dropping hint that he wont mind coming

ALL EYES ON TEAM SELECTION FOR BARCA CLASH

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal will reveal his assessment of his players' performances in training and during the opening two International Champions Cup fixtures when he names his starting line-up for the match with Barcelona on Saturday.

The Dutchman has been carefully analysing his options during Tour 2015, presented by Aon and has utilised two separate outfield selections in each half against Club America and San Jose Earthquakes. Sam Johnstone played the full 90 minutes in midweek but van Gaal hopes David De Gea will be fit to keep goal against the Catalan giants in Santa Clara.

It means the XI on duty will offer substantial clues to the manager's plans for the new Barclays Premier League season, which kicks off on 8 August against Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford. Marouane Fellaini has yet to taste action in the United States, due to the fact he is suspended for the first three games of the new campaign, but the rest of the outfield members of the squad, bar youngster Sean Goss and injured right-back Antonio Valencia, have been auditioning for a starting spot for the visit of Spurs.

"We have to improve our shape and, of course, our level and we have different organisations, so we have to play with different organisations," van Gaal informed MUTV. "Also, we have to improve every level that we have, in all the positions. And, of course, I have to select now already for the third match against Barcelona.

"Now 11 players can play 60 minutes and that’s a big difference, so the next match I will show already what I find from the first two matches because the players have to prove their level on the pitch."

It is possible the manager's side for the opening hour of the prestigious game will be a blend of the two different teams. The four-man defence has been Matteo Darmian, Phil Jones, Daley Blind and Luke Shaw followed by Paddy McNair, Chris Smalling, Jonny Evans and Tyler Blackett. Blind has been performing at centre-back but is capable of filling other roles.

Selection likely to be his first eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.